Software
Houzz Logo Print
deb52899

Cascade boil out question

10 years ago

I bought a box of cascade boil out. How do I use it? See what happens here? You guys convince me that I need stuff and by the time I get it, I don't remember how to use it!! Help!

Comments (15)

  • 10 years ago

    In your detergent dispenser in your dishwasher just like you would use regular Cascade or any other brand. Fill cups, run machine.

    Debbi Branka thanked sparky823
  • 10 years ago

    Debbi..I used 3T but my DW is old and uses a lot of water. If you have a newer one with the eco water limitations I would wait till Alex or Larsi advises. I will be anxious to get your reviews.

    Debbi Branka thanked mamapinky0
  • 10 years ago

    Well crap mama. I just took sparkys advice and put it in both cups (regular and pre wash). It's running now. My dishwasher is 2010 maytag.

  • 10 years ago

    100% what Alex Chicago says. My exact feelings on Boil Out!!

    Debbi Branka thanked larsi_gw
  • 10 years ago

    I've been using Boil Out (in its previous incarnation Cascade Professional/Institutional) for years. My dishwasher takes 0.8 gal of water per fill. Works great.

    Debbi Branka thanked dadoes
  • 10 years ago

    Alex, I saw some of the Cascade with Dawn you referred to on Ebay the other day. Two different deals. Might look that up if you are interested. I used some of the Institutional/Boil Out at one time but I had much rather have Complete.

  • 10 years ago

    Debbi...did you try the Boil Out?

  • 10 years ago

    I did. I had to run out the door to work this morning, so I didn't get to examine too well. I washed my roaster pan in there (the speckled black enamel kind). While it didn't take off those very old oil stains on the outside, the whole pan was definitely squeaky clean. That's about the only thing in the dishwasher that was "rough" and the only thing I took out and checked on this morning.

    I have an aluminum Wagner Ware pan that we used to use for popcorn (it was my great grandma's). I was wondering if I would be able to clean that with the boil out, but I don't really know how.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Do don't put that old aluminum ware in the dishwasher or use boil out on it..it will than be a rough grey color....try this..mix equil parts cream of tartar and white vinegar into a paste...rub it all over the pot and let it sit an hour than scrub with one of those sponges with a scrubber on the other side...this works on inside or outside....for the inside you could also fill it full of tomatoes..bring to a boil and boil on low a few hours..the acid of the tomatoes will have that shiney clean....don't eat the tomatoes lol

    Debbi Branka thanked mamapinky0
  • 10 years ago

    Great, that pot was what I had in mind when I bought the boil out!

  • 10 years ago

    Lol

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I have a love hate relationship with Boil Out. I love it for cleaning the metal vents/filters on my Miele Vent Hood. I put all 3 in an empty dishwasher, add Boil Out and select either the Pots & Pans cycle (sometimes I will use SaniWash or Starch/Cheese)....and the vent filters look amazing.

    With dishes I always found Boil Out to not leave stainless steel super shiny and many things looked streaky.

    STRANGE product Boil Out is, and hit and miss.....I have used Boil Out on my last now 4 dishwasher loads and using SensorWash (Automatic) cycle....everything has looked brilliant! Stainless steel, glasses, plastics, Pyrex, CorningWare, utensils.... and the inside of my dishwasher (stainless steel) looks like little elves hand polished it!

  • 10 years ago

    Can I use boule out on my painted vent a hood parts?

  • 10 years ago

    I still have a lot of boil out (thanks Alex!)and still use as a pre wash and it works fantastic. It's also a great dw cleaner ( run on empty) I've also had great luck using it in the main wash with extra dirty pots/pans/glass baking pans! It's a great product, but I really don't think it's for regular residential use.