Software
Houzz Logo Print
kday72

Bathtubs - drop in vs. under mount vs. freestanding

10 years ago

I'm looking at bathtubs for a master bath renovation and am trying to decide if I go with an under mount or a drop in or possibly a free standing. I can't find any good info about the pros and cons of either so I'm hoping the Houzz community might have some advice, insight, or user experience they could share.

How are the installations different? Is one easier to get in and out of than the other? How do you clean between the wall and freestanding tub?

Our reno layout has the shower, tub, and loo running along one wall like some of the pics attached. I like the idea of running the tile around the sides/ends of the tub but I think you can do that with either drop in or under mount.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Prestwick Lane · More Info

Lake house in Cle Elum · More Info

Wilton Whole Home Renovation · More Info