Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maryjosharples

Glass tile

maryjosharples
11 years ago
I love this kitchen and also purchased alabaster with pewter glaze, I am doing a darker island with yellow river granite.. What are my options for glass tile I love what is here but am unsure if it will go well. I really want the granite to be the focal point.. All input is greatly appreciated!,
The Great Spaces! Kitchen · More Info

Comments (20)

• PRO
    Subway Tile Outlet
    11 years ago
    last modified: 11 years ago
    Glass tile goes really well with with Granite. It will blend with the surrounding colors in the room and take those colors on. It's best to get samples of different colors and look at them in the space at different lights (daylight, dusk, night). Because of their reflective quality you will find they will look different in different hues. This makes it really a great tile to use because it tends to 'match' itself to the room. If you like the tones of this glass check these out: http://www.subwaytileoutlet.com/categories/Brown-&-Black-Glass-Subway-Tile/

There are so many different choices for glass tile so feel free to browse around. Something else might strike you. Please let us know if you have any more questions or need any help with your glass tile project. Good luck!
  • Danielle Mcmanus
    11 years ago
    what is the paint color on the wall?
  • 20andahalf
    11 years ago
    Love this Pottery Barn accessorized kitchen! Chandeliers, Seagrass benches, Benchwright table and bench/chairs -- just love it!
  • tfontz
    11 years ago
    What brand of lights are those? That's EXACTLY what I'm looking for.
  • 20andahalf
    11 years ago
    I believe the pendants are the Hundi Lantern fixtures from Pottery Barn.
  • tfontz
    11 years ago
    The pendants might be from Pottery barn but the chandelier is not. They go well together, so I need the chandelier brand too. I want to make sure the finishes are the same.
  • busyb27
    11 years ago
    I like that chandelier too!
  • 20andahalf
    11 years ago
    Sorry, can't help you with the manufacturer of the chandelier over the table, but the finish on the pendants is bronze. Best of luck!
  • Michael
    11 years ago
    Found it! Kichler 2344OZ Circolo
  • tfontz
    11 years ago
    Thank you SO much. Is it common for designers to use two different brands/style lights in the same room? Hubby was concerned about that and I posted pictures of the two similiar lights on a decorating website. I received negative reviews, saying that they didn't go together. Then I saw this and it made me happy again.
  • Gail Trieger
    11 years ago
    This is the prettiest kitchen I've seen in a long time. Not too huge but plenty of workspace IMO. My husband is partial to all darker cabinets (like the island or a cherry). Could you do similar glass subway tile on the backsplash and do all dark and would you do same light granite if all cabinets were dark or would I just not get the same beauty?Thanks.
  • PRO
    Subway Tile Outlet
    11 years ago
    Gail,

You can absolutely get a fantastic look with dark cabinets! Take a look at the pictures attached....

You can see lots more photos of kitchens with dark wood cabinets and glass subway tile in our kitchen backsplash gallery here:
    http://www.subwaytileoutlet.com/gallery/Kitchen-Backsplash-Tile-Pictures.html

Please let me know if you have any other questions!
  • Gail Trieger
    11 years ago
    Thank you!! Love it.
  • Shirley Black
    11 years ago
    what color paint on the walls
  • Gail Trieger
    11 years ago
    So what about just doing all the cabinets in the island finish with all other the same, i.e., white subway tile and same granite? Not enough contrast?
  • PRO
    Subway Tile Outlet
    11 years ago
    Gail,

That would certainly work. I think the dark cabinets themselves would provide all the contrast needed. If you wanted something in between the light granite and dark cabinets a light grey like our "Smoke" color might fit the bill...

Take a look at that product here:
    http://www.subwaytileoutlet.com/products/Smoke-Glass-Subway-Tile.html
  • PRO
    Subway Tile Outlet
    11 years ago
    Jo,

Thanks for the detail on the project! Please let us know if you might be interested in some samples of our products for your library!
  • PRO
    Great Spaces!
    11 years ago
    Hi Subway Tile Outlet, Yes...I'm always interseted in more products to bring my clients and you are welcome to send me some. Please contact me through my website and I will send you my address and paperwork. Thank you, Jo McKeown/Great Spaces!
  • skyloraussie
    11 years ago
    Lovely! What is your opinion on pairing off-white cabinets with white appliances?