Software
Houzz Logo Print
paddison

Color theme

10 years ago
We remodeled the kitchen with brown tones but now the trend has changed with gray neutrals. When we remodel the only bathroom should we stick with the same color theme as kitchen or can we make it gray

Comments (12)

  • 10 years ago

    I did a bathroom in gray and white and already regret it. Go with green or blue.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    If you showed a picture of your washroom instead, people may be able to provide ideas around colors that would suit your tile and floor, etc. If you are worried about changing trends, grey won't be around forever either. Go with what suits your bathroom.

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I agree with the thoughts here - and would just add my '2 cents' in saying that I think the grey trend is really overdone. Grey is also not very high on the 'vibrant nature color' spectrum - and lots of people show up here on the Houzz dilemma forum with 'grey problems'. That being said - if you really, really love grey, go with grey. But I would go with what I like. And if I had no specific color scheme in mind - but was just generally considering a very neutral color scheme - I would lean toward the classic, rather than a trend.

  • 10 years ago
    It will be a total tear out, tile, white tub, new floor, new cabinets. Very small bathroom so thinking the white and grey will appear larger than tan brown tones.
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    If you search for bathroom ideas similar to what you are installing including the cabinetry, you may see other colors other than grey or brown - that suits your tile, etc. If you are favoring grey, it's only paint and can be changed down the road.

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Do something completely different in the bathroom...apples and oranges. I love wallpaper in bathrooms.

    On another note, why not paint your kitchen walls gray? It will bring it up a notch. This gray, in particular, would look terrific with the stain color and your counters/floors.

    B.M. Kendal charcoal.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    A bathroom is small compared to other rooms in the house, so experiment! Go for some color. Blues, greens, maybe even yellow. If you want further advice, add pictures of the bathroom to your post, so commenters have an idea of what you have.

  • 10 years ago

    I wouldn't do gray for the sake of doing gray, I would pick an overall color scheme and style for your house and follow it through. Rooms, especially in small houses, need to compliment each other and flow so I would not start picking random colors. Stick with the neutrals you already have going on and carry them through, you can certainly add some gray to what you have going if you wanted to, but don't do huge color leaps ... that will look ridiculous.

  • 10 years ago

    I could see a light grey in your kitchen as well.

  • 10 years ago
    I have warm tones throughout my house but decided on gray and white in powder room. I love to switch out accent colors with hand towels, candles, soaps and fresh flowers. Red in winter, yellow, purple or grey in spring, choral in summer, and yellows and oranges in the fall. I don't regret going with this trend.