Software
Houzz Logo Print
sofia_gita

DROP IN SINK NEXT TO WALL POSSIBLE?

10 years ago
last modified: 10 years ago

I bought a drop in sink for my laundry room.

http://www.acritec.com/product/europa-deluxe-laundry-sink

The design was clear, we discussed to to have the sink flush with both the back and side wall and then on the other side of the sink have my built in washer dryer with quartz counter and cabinets above.

The installer did not use my sink during installation even though I gave it to him months before. When I went to place it on it didn't fit... he says this is because the door will not be able to open properly as there needs to be at least a 1 inch gable between the wall and the cabinet.. so a drop in without countertop won't work .... He obviously should have told me all this when I brought him my sink before he made the cabinets.......ugh!!

Now trying to solve the problem he suggests using strips of quartz a long the outside.. I think this will look like a hack job as about only 1 -2 inches of quartz will show around... My question is couldn't he just make a face frame cabinet with smaller doors and hinges on the outside. He keeps suggesting he can't...but I think its because he does not want to pay for his mistake and have to make an entire new box. Thoughts???,,