Software
Houzz Logo Print
cgigi1012

Performance Velvet fabric, can I add Scotch guard to protect it?

10 years ago

Just ordered the Urban lounge sofa from West Elm in Performance Velvet Stone color. I chose this material thinking that it would be durable. Our current sofa fabric is Microsuede and we ordered it back in the days with stain protection, something like Scotch Guard. Such protection worked as the sofa has lasted long enough. To be fair, the sofa is still decent but we just got tired of the color and is not that quite comfortable. My budget is limited so I need my sofa to last long and we need to consider that we have a cat that sheds a lot and loves to sit with us on the couch.

In order to protect the sofa, is it a good idea to add Scotch Guard or some type of protecting spray? Any recommendations on this material? I keep looking for reviews for this sofa and material but there are not that many out there. Would appreciate your suggestions and tips. Thank you.

Comments (5)