Software
Houzz Logo Print
blackchamois

Caesarstone Scratched :(

10 years ago

My kitty was very naughty and now I have scratches on my beautiful Raven counters. I know it can't be buffed out but is there anything that can be used to fill the scratches? I'm so sad My fault for leaving the cabinet open.

Comments (7)

  • 10 years ago

    Holy crap what fell on it? A concrete block?

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Depending on the depth of the gouges, I'd start with some color matched permanent magic markers. Apply the marker and rub it in with your finger to blend it. It may take a color or two. Start with the lightest and go darker.

    If the gouges are deep enough, you could try Fillachip although they appear to be more like the bruises in solid surface than gouges.

    If that's unacceptable, Talon 4-step wet pads for quartz, available at Braxton Bragg, will remove the scratches. That's the easy part. The hard part is getting the abraded area to match the factory finish. If this section of countertop never sees sunlight, that may not be as big an issue. Regent Stone Products sells Quartz Renew which, according to the industry pros, does a very good job matching factory finishes. None of these products are suitable for Do-It-Yourselfers, of course.

    This is somewhat similar.

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago


    These are Caesarstone Organic White chip repairs I did this afternoon. If the repair criteria is "Will the prospective home buyer's inspector easily find or feel the repairs?", then these are successful because he will not. The homeowner paid in full and gave me a 5-star rating and hers is the only opinion that really counts.

    The alternative is to saw the chips off and re-profile and re-polish the edge on site. While a more round edge is less likely to chip, that job is about 3x what today's bill was. They've got pre-teens so they may as well wait a decade, although Ms. Homeowner is the one who whacked that doozy.

  • 10 years ago

    blackchamois - so sorry to hear (but always nice to see glimpses of your kitchen). Having recently acquired a kitten (our first cat ever in this dog home), and seeing what the kitten is already doing, I am already worrying.

    treb- nice repair job. Please give some thought to opening a branch in the New England area....

  • 10 years ago

    Joseph, I am hoping the only time i get to see you is socially.

  • 10 years ago

    Thanks treb! And nice job as always on the repair! (Yes we need one of him everywhere, OB! :))

    The scratches aren't too deep at all. You really can't notice them when the counter is freshly wiped, but when the moisture evaporates then you can see the white of the gouges.

    I'll try the permanent magic markers.

    OB, my cat is about 10 so I can't blame it on the terrible 2s ... I mean kitten stage. She never does stuff like this but the open cabinet got the best of her curiosity I guess. Enjoy your kitten! Despite things like this they are pretty darn cute!