Software
Houzz Logo Print
undmicj

Help Deciding on Appliances

10 years ago

I was just about to pull the trigger on the following Frigidaire Professional appliances when one of my cabinet kitchen designers planted a seed of doubt regarding OVR microwaves. They said they look horrible, and don't work as well Personally I think they look fine, and the CFM on the Microwave is 400 same as their range hood. I understand the range hood would probably move more air since their isn't as much restriction on the underside of the hood. However, I'm not entirely sold on needing a vent anyways as I currently have an OVR microwave and hardly ever turn the fan on.


FWIW: I value matching appliances, for the same overall look/handles/shade etc.



Frigidaire Professional:

  • All Refrigerator
  • All Freezer
  • Trim Kit
  • 36" Gas Cooktop
  • Double Oven
  • OVR Microwave
  • Dishwasher


Option 1 (2 Oven + 1 convection = 3 Total)

  • Go with the above appliances

Concerns: Will I ever use all those Ovens? Is an OVR Microwave Tacky?


Option 2 (1 oven):

  • single oven
  • non-convection microwave and trim kit
  • range hood

Concerns: Not Crazy about the microwave/trim kit look. Only 1 Oven


Option 3 (1 Oven + 1 convection = 2 Total)

  • single oven
  • convection microwave installed above single oven
  • range hood

Concerns: Not sure the convection microwave could be installed like this


Option 4 (1 Oven + 1 convection = 2 Total)

  • Install a different brand oven/convection microwave combo and cooktop such as Kitchenaid,GE Cafe
  • Frigidaire Pro refrigerator
  • range hood

Concerns: Mismatched look, additional cost


I really wish Frigidaire had the combination Oven/convection microwave some of the other brands have. I love the look and with the 25% sale they're running now my total price of option 1 is under 8k after tax.

Another thing to consider is my cooktop is not on an exterior wall, so if I vent either the hood or the microwave(yes I've checked and you can vent it) I either have to go out up past the second floor through the attic to the roof, or down, underneath the floor(concerned about potential leaks once the basement is finished, out the side of the house. Do these kitchen designers take into account how hard it could be to actually maintain the velocity needed to to exhaust grease through the vent, or is the idea that your filter traps the grease and you're exhausting air/smoke?


So... any suggestions, I've "exhausted" my ability to think about this anymore.

Option 1 (2 Oven + 1 convection = 3 Total)
Option 2 (1 oven):
Option 3 (1 Oven + 1 convection = 2 Total)
Option 4 (1 Oven + 1 convection = 2 Total)

Comment (1)