Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
donnasnyder

White Dove vs Timid White (both Benjamin Moore)

7 years ago
Hi,
I'm just wondering if Timid White looks a little yellowish on the cabinets. I'm looking for a soft creamy but not too yellow white. I'm leaning towards White Dove but am worried it will look grayish and maybe too white. What are your thoughts/
thanks,
Golf Club Renovation · More Info

Comments (2)

• PRO
    7 years ago

Hi, I used both colours regularly! The question is what other colours are going to be in play in the rest of the house? Many clients at first think Timid White is too yellow especially when they put it against an ultra white primer or paint. In fact though it is not to yellow once everything is painted out. It is warm and creamy white. Looks great with greens, brown taupes, soft yellow tones!!! But if your pallette is leaning toward the greys and true blues then Dove wing or White dove is a good choice. Another white that I use frequently and you might want to take a look is Simply White. It could be the compromise you might be looking for. Hope this helps!

donnasnyder thanked Cheryl Scrymgeour Designs
  • 7 years ago

Thank you so much! I think I'm going to go with White Dove. It seems to warm up with creamy white granites and and quartzites. I was going to put it with whispering spring as an accent color. What do you think of that combo? Going for a similar look like in this picture. Maybe a walnut stain on my white oak floor?

Thanks