Software
Houzz Logo Print
gram1954

NEED HELP FOR MY BEDROOM

10 years ago

Am in the process of bedroom redo - ripped out carpet, put in hardwoods, painted, I am wondering about art for walls - ALSO I have two wingback chairs and ottoman or order with subtle blue herringbone fabric to replace chairs that are there. I have included these in pics along with the pillow that serves as my inspiration. The furniture is a mix of finishes and we don't want to get rid of dressers as they were wedding gift from mother-in-law and 40 years old but excellent quality!! SO we are dealing with layout and cozying up and also, wondering about some empty corners as well as what kind of table to go between new chairs. ALSO LOTS of windows and natural light - not a fan of curtains - thoughts on windows?? CUSTOM SHADES? Hate valances and not lots of room for panels to add to shades on my slider. Help please!!


Thanks in advance for reading and helping!

Comments (13)

  • 10 years ago

    I'd get a pie table if that was my room.

    Gram 1954 thanked emmarene9
  • 10 years ago
    Continue to indulge by purchasing new bedside tables and lamps. To me, that's a big deal to be just right. Who is the manufacturer of your bed? Perhaps they have a coordinating bedside table.
    Is the bookshelf and (armoire, I think) staying?
    I agree with the pie crust table between the chairs if it's a height equal or lower than the chair arms.
    Hoping there is blue in your rugs? Frankly, I would have chosen one large rug with an all over print to go up under the bed rather than three separate rugs.
    Gram 1954 thanked Bette P
  • 10 years ago

    Thank you all for your suggestions. They are great! Trying to keep the cost down and the windows are so big, but I see how much the room is softened with the curtains shown in the above picture. WE debated getting a big rug to go under the bed, but it's such a big space, (approx 23 x 16) and we wanted rug at end of bed, and also when we get up - so we decided to go with three smaller ones. AND yes, there is blue in the rug. FOR now all the furniture is staying - the armoire is actually my desk - closed up- LOVE the idea of side table other than wood - we do have a ton or wood in the room!

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    Nancy Ingram - can you tell me where those lamps and table are from? LOVE the blue paint color AND what program did you use create this style board? Thank you again!

  • 10 years ago

    what color is the room?

  • 10 years ago

    Walls, low ceiling and high ceiling are SW smokey topaz. Angled ceiling is SW bittersweet stem.

  • 10 years ago

    So are the rugs staying? I like you furniture but I would change the lamps. If you have to keep the rug, I would play up the blue accents.

    Gram 1954 thanked er612
  • 10 years ago

    If I'm reading this correctly the flower pillow is your inspiration? It doesn't work at all with the rugs.

    Will the gentleman sitting in the chair actually sit in that chair in the bedroom? It will, of course look nice, but if no one will actually be using it then spend that money on drapes.

    Gram 1954 thanked leelee
  • 10 years ago

    Paint color could be improved to work better with the rugs.

  • 10 years ago

    Lamp is from Bellacor. Table from Wolf's Furniture. The board was created using an app called Morphoilo.



    Gram 1954 thanked Nancy Ingram
  • 10 years ago


    DR International Kerr Linen Rod Pocket Sheer Curtain Panel & Reviews | Wayfair · More Info
    since you have blinds, how about some sheers?
    Sea Glass Lamp - Aqua | Pier 1 Imports · More Info


    Table Lamps, Desk Lamps and Bedside Lamps | Pier 1 Imports · More Info
    for between the chairs.
    Auxerre End Table | Wayfair · More Info

    Trans Ocean Imports Liora Manne - Seville Modern Damask Rugs | Rugs Direct · More Info
    or
    Safavieh Valencia Collection VAL108 Rug, Blue/Multi, 8'x10' · More Info

    Gram 1954 thanked havingfun
  • PRO
    10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    I know you're not a fan of curtains, but some custom Belgian linen ones would look gorgeous against your windows!

    Belgian Linen Drapes in decor8's House · More Info

    If you're considering shades, depending on how deep you window is, you may be able to get inside mount roman shades. The windows are large, so you would need to go custom for that. Because there is a lot of color in the room, I think light colored curtains/shades would look best.

    You can order free fabric swatches to see what color would look best!

    Gram 1954 thanked Barn & Willow