Software
Houzz Logo Print
vmordak

Need help finding a rug!

10 years ago
I am looking for a 8x10 rug that fits this space. Initially u was looking for a grey rug but since there is so much white I was thinking I may need some color. Any advice?

Comments (41)

  • 10 years ago
    An 8x10 is too small for that area. A 10x14 will probably allow you to have at least all the front legs of your sectional ON the rug, which would be much better. I personally would get a rug to hold all of the sectional, maybe a 12x18...it would define the sitting area. A trellis, strip or geometric pattern in colors would be the best look, not a solid. The colors should include the gray and white you have in the room, plus another brighter color for an accent. Then I would have the tv love red to the eye level of a seated adult: it's too high for comfortable viewing.
  • 10 years ago

    you don't have much that gives what colors you like besides bright pink?

  • 10 years ago

    just a few examples of many directions you can go with gray and white.

    8x10 Black Rugs | eSaleRugs · More Info

    Jaipur Rugs Fables Valiant Area Rug - Area Rugs at Hayneedle · More Info

    Multi 5' x 8' Santa Fe Rug | Area Rugs | eSaleRugs · More Info

    Feizy Thatcher Rug, Citron, 5'x8' · More Info

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    You for sure need some color and you need to lower the T.V so that the center of the screen is at eye level when you are seated.Something like this which introduces 2 more colors , yellow and teal , to use for accents

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    This rug from one of our designs would look great in your space!

    Charles Neal Home Luxury · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    Hi!

    Off to a great start. Since the room has mostly "cool" hues, I recommend adding a warm colored rug. LARGE abstract art, which incorporates all the colors in the room, would give a sense of cohesiveness and harmony in the space.

    Hope this is helpful. Good Luck!

  • 10 years ago

    Had this open and worth a look in case you like the pretty color/ with ivory and black outlines / rated high:

    https://www.wayfair.com/Jenna-Area-Rug-ZIPC1122-ZIPC1122.html

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    I think a great vintage Damask rug would look beautiful and would help to offset the modern feel. It could help to warm up the area. There are several on Amazon at wonderful prices. Here is an example. They have many colors to choose from.


  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Really??

    Not sure this would be a good combination as suggested above.

  • 10 years ago
    Thank you all. A rug and artwork seems to be the biggest challenge so far for this room.
  • 10 years ago
    I was initially looking at this but thought it didn't have enough color

    http://www.potterybarn.com/m/products/darcy-rug-gray/?pkey=e|darcy+rug+-+gray|2|best|0|1|15||1&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH

    I also liked this but it was too feminine and expensive

    http://www.potterybarnkids.com/m/products/hazel-rug/?pkey=dgirls-rugs&isx=0.0.541

    This was my initial inspiration

    http://like2b.uy/onekingslane/items/2223886
  • 10 years ago
    No, sorry for the confusion. This one was
  • 10 years ago

    @Bevdesign, might as well tell why? Idk. Might help OP. Is that ivory a 'clash' of sorts with white.... rich salmon is bad.... is grey sofa cool or warmer. Q?

  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    v. why that one? it's hard to see it ...does the wallpaper relate to your 'wish list'?

  • 10 years ago

    Anything can start the palette is that right? Do you like this? soft and vibrant.

    Louise Machado "True Diamonds" Throw Pillow, 16"x16" · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    The inspiration rug is too washed out or maybe it's because it is pictured with the hideous wallpaper. Makes it hard to tell what the rug really looks like.

    You'd probably be smart to follow Bev's advice.

  • 10 years ago

    Is wish rug saying you want a cool, and low-contrast look? not bright colors?

  • 10 years ago

    If you don't want to mount the console then lower the TV. Bottom of TV needs to be a few inches over the console. That will make the TV eye level when you're seated.

  • 10 years ago

    Sources... :))

    Rug---Houzz

    Art--Etsy

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Dhurrie rugs from Overstock

  • 10 years ago

    See a bit of ash/natural cabinets ..? this caught my eye for far wall as Bevdesign suggested / are you in love with your rug - houzz has photos of a rug over another rug.....

    Ready2HangArt 'Painted Winter Grove' by Norman Wyatt Jr. 3-PC Canvas Art Set · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    @BevFL - I recall posting something not so necessary, and I apologize for stepping out of bounds. I seem to think you're angry or displeased with me. I've had it in mind since that time.

  • 10 years ago

    Nice, sharp photo and expensive.

    Lake Eau Claire Dreaming, 24"x48", Canvas Print · More Info

  • 10 years ago

    Let it go, Debs. Life's short.

  • PRO
    10 years ago

    everdebz, sorry, but I don't have any idea what you might be referring to. Don't give it another thought. : ) really

  • 10 years ago
    blue
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    This rug from Westelm could work nicely - see pic below. See -

    Also take a look at www.hookandloom.com who have a number of rugs in the style that you have indicated that you like


    Westelm - Erased Lines Floor Rug available in blue & charcoal

    http://www.westelm.com/products/erased-lines-wool-rug-blue-lagoon-t2472/?pkey=e%7Cerased%2Blines%2Brug%7C2%7Cbest%7C0%7C1%7C24%7C%7C2&cm_src=PRODUCTSEARCH




  • PRO
    10 years ago

    Your inspiration rug is very beautiful. Is there a reason you have not tried that rug? Size? Cost?

  • 10 years ago

    A heavy sofa with just its front feet on the rug looks like a fat lady that is afraid to step into the water. Pull a rug under the front 1/3 of the sofa so that it looks grounded and deliberate. Make sure it extends well beyond the sofa's ends too.

  • PRO
    10 years ago
    Hello

    I like the look of your sectional.

    I would bring in some color with your rug. You can use the same colors in your throw pillows, and decor.

    Best of luck !

    KHB Interiors in New Orleans

    Please do me a huge favor and follow us on Houzz!


    https://www.houzz.com/khbinteriors
  • 10 years ago
    last modified: 10 years ago

    To me, the art would have to be superdelightful if the rugs are as blah as I'm seeing...

  • 10 years ago

    I often think -- maybe there's a beautiful architectural feature, or any art -- BEYOND the photo -- which changes everythingof course.

    We only see a little bit... OP, show us more!!!???

  • 10 years ago

    But you have asked about color - few want to guess - many colors light, bright, or deep would go....

    what colors do you like?

  • 10 years ago
    Thank you all for your advice. We had a lot of prepping to do for hurricane Mathew so I'm late to reply. Thankfully all is well and things are finally back to normal. I really the grey Dhurrie overstock rug that was recommended by @beverlyfladeziner. I'm still hoping to find something with a little more color but I may fall back on it if I can't find anything else that works. Perhaps pinks, blues or purples. I agree with the tv being too low (that's an electrical issue) and 8x10 may be too small for my space so I should try to go a little bigger. Once I find a rug I need to get some nice pillows and accessories for the media cabinet. The artwork will be the biggest challenge for me as it will have to me at least 5 feet tall. Thanks again for your help. I've got a little more insight on what u should be looking for!
  • 10 years ago
    you first to look at the photo section to figure out what you like and dont like.That helps you find a direction,then color and style (s) will take form,
  • 10 years ago

    but i thought you wanted monotone?

  • 9 years ago

    From your idea book thumbs up..calm and peacful..nice

  • 9 years ago

    i just found a couple new, one might help:

    Arise Addison Navy And Ivory Rectangular: 8 Ft X 11 Ft Rug Artistic Weavers Area · More Info


    Dendro Rug Sample · More Info

    Loloi Kenton Blue Transitional Rug - KENTKN-01BB | The Simple Stores · More Info

    I know it is kinda bold but it would look really cool in that space, no?

    8x10 Blue Rugs | eSaleRugs - Page 2 · More Info

    Modern Purple Area Rugs | AllModern · More Info

  • 9 years ago

    if you can't find good originals at home go to etsy or saatchiart. they have lovely original art for quite reasonable.

  • 9 years ago
    Definitely lower the TV. I would also paint the entire wall where the TV is a darker color in the gray family, so to camouflage the TV and highlight the crisp white console. Love the blue rug.
Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH