Software
Houzz Logo Print
nithya555

Window glass

13 years ago
Hello - This is a beautiful bath.
I am interested in the type of glass used in the windows in the shower. My bath would also have a window in the shower opening to a backyard and I would like glass that offers privacy, is contemporary looking and lets in light too during the day.
Thanks.
Modern Bathroom · More Info

Comment (1)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Hi nithya555,

    Thanks for your question. The glass in the shower is standard 6" "Decora "glass block. As long as the window opening etc is waterproofed correctly, (inside and out) it can work very well in a shower. Another option would be a wet-rated operable window with obscure glass. I incorporate those frequently as when the weather is nice (much of the year here in AZ) its great to feel that gentle breeze.

    I've also used custom etched tempered glass (see the "DY master bathroom" project on Houzz or my website) where I created a frosted grid that matched the tile pattern on the wall. This glass was simply added over an existing fixed window that needed privacy.

    Hope this helps, best of luck with your project.
    -Steve