Software
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_33930695

Help with kitchen selections please!

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

We are building a home and I am having a hard time deciding on the kitchen selections. It is a open concept home. I like a warm and cozy feeling but also light and airy.

Selection 1: my top pick( I think) but does the mountains white quartz go well with the back splash and white cupboards? Also is this backsplash too busy?

Option 2: perhaps do grey cupboards instead?

Or instead pick a different backsplash such as one of these other options I like:

With either grey or white cupboards

Opinions and help are much appreciated ! Thanks!

Comments (19)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Here is the picture. It did not attach to the previous comment for some reason!

    User thanked New Outlooks Construction
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I would go with the grey cabinets and then go light with all of the other selections. The white quartz, white subway, frame out the mosaic if possible to give it more interest, and pick a lighter paint color. It will still turn out beautiful!

  • 9 years ago
    I like your first choice. The perception of busy would depend on how much area you're tiling IMO. I don't really like mosaics but I like the one you've chosen a lot
    User thanked Trem Wills
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    Some nice choices but will depend on how much light is in this kitchen. If there is good light, the darker cabinets with everything else light would work. Keep flooring same tone as cabinets. The more classic choice and most popular is white. If your light is low i would do white and plan to refinish lower or island your darker color later. Do not do a medallion. Keep backsplash uniform and ininteruoted with other permanent elements. Briwn/gray flooring is best bet. If it were me, i would do white. Keeps more options open.
    User thanked Flo Mangan
  • 9 years ago

    so many combos here you could go with that would look nice! I typically like darker cabinets so I would probably choose that with the white subway and grey counter tops (too boring & safe !). I agree though about the mosaic - usually not big on that but this one is really nice but think it looks better with the light cabinets! so maybe off the bottom picture: bottom left cabinets, bottom middle counter top and mosaic tile...think that combo would be amazing!


    User thanked mzapper
  • 9 years ago
    I love all your choices! Personally, I'd go with the white cabinets, they never go out of style. I like the handle on the grey/beige cabinet better though. I'd go with subway tile in the grey/beige instead of the multi-colored pieced one.
    User thanked brittdrew
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Nothing can throw off the look of expensive cabinets like the wrong pulls. Better look at lots of examples in real kitchens to see what looks best. Do you really want the pulls to be the focal point of your kitchen? Just consider how many doors and drawers there are. You're looking at one sample door...now multiply that times 20 or even more.


  • 9 years ago

    Same is true for mosaic tile. Too much going on makes for a super busy look and hard to pull off in most kitchens.

    User thanked leelee
  • 9 years ago
    #1 definitely is the 1!
    Go with your gut. I love the combo. I echo white/off white will not go out of style.
    Question: what is the wood? Flooring?countertop? The grain may need to be more on the grey-brown side at least a wee bit.
    My two cents.
    User thanked hmarney
  • 9 years ago
    You could also get away with the far left counter top in the bottom photo, to be brighter. Either will work and go with the backsplash and cabinets.
    User thanked hmarney
  • 9 years ago
    Very nice! Soothing, classic, I think you'll love it for a long time. I really like the colors.

    I'm just so darn tired of any kind of mosaics. I think they look so pretty when seen in the store, individually, but look too busy when installed. And I personally would grow tired of them quickly. Either that, or I'm just a boring fuddy duddy :-).
    User thanked User
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I like both cabinet choices and all of your counter top choices. I would wait to select the backsplash until the counters are in. Pick the cabinet (white or gray) that is your favorite and the counter. Current backsplash choice looks too busy to me.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Did you make your selections? Just curious.

    User thanked Flo Mangan
  • 9 years ago

    Yes we did. These were our final selections

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Looks very cohesive and I think you will like a lot. Is that beveled edge for backsplash (matte or shine?) In any case, looks great! Congrats!

  • 9 years ago
    Your choices look gently related, with very appealing deep, med, and light tones...and unbusy. Gorgeous
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Your final choice is great! Just curious what quartz color did you choose? We were thinking London Gray or Fairy White.

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Thanks everyone ! We are excited to see the finished product. It is a shiny beveled tile. And as for the quartz it is a mountain white with flecks.

    Both of those quartz you are deciding between are beautiful! Love the marble look so much.