Software
Houzz Logo Print
emilyrose33

Mealy bug problem, help!

9 years ago

So I had a palm that was isolated for about 6 months. I recently relocated it think I was safe ( 3/4 weeks ago) so it was closer to my other plants. I happened to notice a little white fuzz. I opened the little crevis it was coming from and discovered it was totally infested in every hidden section available! I immediately put it outside to be gotten rid of. I thourogly looked threw my other plants and the one right next to it had a few mealy bugs on the leafs that were touching this plant. It wasn't infested ( I think ) and the bugs were only on the tips of the leafs not any fuzz near the base or crevis the leaves grow from. It's a hardy plant so I cutoff the 4 infected leaves to be safe. I removed single bugs off about 3 other leaves. Also my fiddle fig across the room. I didn't find any eggs ( that I could see ) on the fig, but found 3 adults larger in size. I have no experience getting rid of these pests. Do I have an infestation? I isolated these two plants so I can treat them. What's the best way to go about this? Also I'm worried that the bugs moved to the soil? Is there any way to tell without uprooting? I'm in desperate need of help! I have a small apartment and like 27 plants. So spreading can happen fast I assume. :(

Comment (1)