Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dmwald

Custom Stain mixture on cabinets

Donna Wald
7 years ago
I am in love with these kitchen cabinets. Could you please share the formula and proportions used in the custom cabinet stain? Also, what is the material used in the cabinet inserts- glass? Thank you so much for your help and the information.
Contemporary Kitchen Remodel View #1 · More Info

Comment (1)

• PRO
    Lisa Gildar Interior Spaces
    7 years ago

Thank you for your inquiry! Regarding the stain on the cabinets I brought in a sample of wood for the cabinet shop to match. They did a "strike-off" matching it the best they could. Typically a custom shop will give you their best effort to match with a lighter variation, medium and darker option. I would suggest bringing in this photo to your shop and having them make up a sample. Every cabinet shop uses a different stain manufacturer and will have their own techniques. The wood species is clear alder (no knots). The sheen level is satin. Once you get the correct stain color the cabinet shop should be able to give you samples with different sheen levels (shiny, satin or matte). The inserts are back-painted glass. I selected a paint color to match the glass tile on the backsplash. I hope this helps!