0

Anyone have Silestone countertops in Ocean Jasper?

loves2shop

If so can you share pics of your kitchen please.

• lplotz
    Penny we’re doing Cambria Queen Anne as our island to compliment Ocean Jasper. It’s getting installed this week I can post a pic then. Here’s a pic of the actual slab we bought for reference !
  • Penny Page-Rush
    love this!! We are in a rual area of Kentucky and the struggle is real to find quartz, granite, etc. There are a lot of companies but they will not travel this far for installation.
    Have you picked a paint color yet?
  • dklecka94

Here is ours. We just finished our kitchen remodel - all new countertops - in Ocean Jasper - and new cabinets and backsplash.

Photos do not show this countertop justice. It is simply beautiful.

• Bev Chavez

Sherry Lund, What paint color and brand of paint did you use to match the Ocean Jasper? I am having a difficult time choosing paint.

• lplotz
    Check out Doves Cry from Valspar aka Lowe’s
  • dklecka94

We used Urban Sunrise from Olympic... played well with the white cabinets and countertop.

• Sheri Lund
    The lighter color is silver satin OC-26 Benjamin Moore
    The darker color is AC-26 harbor gray also known as silver chain 1472. I will double ck on this when I get home and if it is not correct then I will post the correct names of colors.
    I don’t know as if I posted pics of the darker. We have open concept so both were picked with all my textile samples. The last pic has the darker harbor gray. The middle and first pic has both colors. The colors look fabulous with the countertops.
    I also want to add I had a terrible time choosing every color I like pulled green or to beige or blue. I went with BM bcz they had a color consultant that came to my house. I put ALL my trust in him and he was awesome. Try asking your paint dealer if they have one. This service was offered for free and I didn’t even have to pay mileage for him to come out to my house and we live about an hr away.
    Good luck!!
  • Sheri Lund
    And please excuse the messy kitchen area and the lack of furniture. This was move in day.
  • Bev Chavez

Thank you!

• Regan

sheri - your kitchen is stunning. we are thinking of doing our bar in our basement in ocean jasper and i love these pics! may i ask about your flooring? we love the color. we are going with a vinyl wood in the basement for water purposes, thinking of something that color ! i don't want it to be too dark

• Sheri Lund
    Thank you Regan. The flooring is laminate it is from the rustic legacy series and the name is driftwood oak. It looks and feels great. Not at all like I was expecting from laminate. I got it through our flooring store not a box store.
  • dklecka94

It is very beautiful!

• Regan

thank you! now just to get my husband on board with ocean jasper :)

• Tracy Chan

Sheri,

I have almost the same kitchen design layout as yours. We also have a long long island in brown color, while the other wall cabinets are in White/beige color. We started with Ocean Jasper. And then we were told that we will have a seam because of the length of my island. I am wondering if yours have any seam and if you can share picture of how it looks where the seam is?

• Tracy Chan

lplotz,

I am wondering if you have your Cambria Queen Anne for our island to compliment Ocean Jasper finished? Can't wait to see how it looks. Because of the length of the OJ slab, we are debating whether we need to choose another type of slab for our Hutch section while the island and wall use OJ. Thanks!

• Tracy Chan

dklecka94,

Your kitchen is beautiful. I am thinking to use Ocean Jasper for the full backsplash instead of tiles. Now that you have your kitchen fully done. Would you think having OJ as the full backsplash will look nice as well?

• Sheri Lund
    I do have a seam at the furthest end of our island. When I get home I can post a pic of it. At first I could tell the difference in the pattern of it but I don’t now. Used to it I guess or it just doesn’t show that much. I would ask to approve both slabs if you can. We didn’t. Unless you have a solid color I think that would be the case with any of them. I pointed it out to someone sitting right at the seam and they hadn’t noticed it.
    As far as the backsplash I believe one of the first posters on this blog did a backsplash with the OJ and looks beautiful as well. We were going for a different look that is the reason why we went with the subway tiles. I think the poster was Mary and she has a bunch of pics with how it looks.
  • kynsmama

Sheri,

Can you tell me more about the stone for your fireplace? I am searching for stone now and your fireplace is gorgeous.

• lplotz
    So my project is 99% done- the stain was still drying on my buffet wall but I wanted to snap a photo so you could see Ocean Jasper as well as my accent island in Queen Anne by Cambria. As you can see the Ocean Jasper looks amazing with white and wood cabinets let me know if you have any questions!
  • Tracy Chan

It looks gorgeous. Is the Queen Anne by Cambria also quartz?

Wondering if you mind to show a picture of the whole kitchen. I also have a long island 132" x 37.5" (so every one tell me a seam is unavoidable)

I had suggested different style of countertops for the island. But my husband can't imagine how it looks and so rejected the idea. Thanks for sharing pictures.

• Penny Page-Rush

lplotz It looks beautiful! I love it. What color white did you use on the cabinets?

• lplotz
    Hopefully this helps! The cabinets I ordered came white from the cabinet company so I’m not totally certain of the color sorry ♀️
  • lplotz
    The Queen Anne is quartz also from Cambria. We used it for our island bc we too have an oversized one - ours is 130” and Cambria was one of the few manufacturers who make jumbo size slabs. It was way more expensive than the Ocean Jasper but it’s beautiful and we don’t have a seam which was important to me
  • Tracy Chan

It is beautiful. Do you mind to share how is the island oversized quartz costs?

• Tracy Chan

I mean how much is the island quartz costs.

Hope Sheri will get a chance to show me how her OJ seam looks like.

• lplotz
    We were told it retails for $5500. Not sure how true that is but we paid $3000. They gave us a discount because we also bought 3 slabs of Ocean Jasper
  • Tracy Chan

I will need 3 slabs of Ocean Jasper too. With the cutting, quotes varies from $6200 to $7000. I am in NJ. So, wondering how much it has cost you.

• dklecka94

Tracy - I know you asked someone else for a photo of the seams - while not at me, I’ve got a 12’ stretch with a seam by the sink...

Here is mine... the installer told me the trick to blending it is to mix blue in the epoxy - not just black and white to make grey.

if I didn’t know it was there - I would not notice it

• Sheri Lund
    @ tracyroselandkitchen I forgot about taking a picture of it. When I get home tonight I will get one. It’s in my reminders now.
  • Sheri Lund
    @ tracyroselandkitchen
    I did a close up of the seam and one a bit further back. Our counter top guys had 4 machines on both of the two slabs that pulled them closer together. They are siliconed between. I don’t know if that is how they are all installed but he said that is how they get virtually an invisible seam. I would say if you do go with a pattern in your quarts to have it away from the most visible area. Ours is at the end of our island.
  • Sheri Lund
    @ tracyroselandkitchen
  • Tracy Chan

Sherri, thank you very much. They did a very good job. I hope mine will come out as good as yours.

• Tracy Chan

dklecka94, thank you very much for your pictures. Don't know why yours look more blue though.

• Tracy Chan

lplotz, I wonder where is your island outlets?

• Sheri Lund
    @ tracyroselandkitchen I think it’s the settings on her pic it may be a cool tone. Or her lighting in her kitchen.
    I would ask them a million questions and ask to see samples and pics of the companies seam work. Show them a pic of what you expect your seam to look like. They had this machine auctioned to the counter tops and it pulled the two together the machine had 2 ppl operating it one on each side of the counter and they started the machine at the exact same time. The epoxy they used was wiped away as it was being squished out. I watched the whole thing (boring but fascinating) and I asked what was keeping the counters together if it was all being squished out and he said he only needed enough to set the counter. Then they kept the tension on for awhile. I believe the machine they used vibrated as it set the quartz. I would definitely ask them how they do it and ask to see their work. It’s to expensive and big of a project to not be satisfied. I was not very happy when they told me I had to have a seam but I didn’t want to lose my big island nor did I want any other type of countertops but they were confident and assured me they would give me what I wanted so I went with it. I was very pleased. The photo I am showing you is “like” what they used but they had big square blocks that was doing the job and it was motorized and I believe it was hooked up to something to do electronically from their iPad I didn’t pay to much attention to that part. As you can probably tell I was worried about the seam as well.
  • Tracy Chan

Sheri Lund, Thank you very much for the detailed information. I will certainly ask about this. Learning something new every day.

• Tracy Chan

Sheri Lund, This is the machine my fabricator uses. Doesn't look like a high tech machine like yours.

• casa_de_malcuth

I chose this countertop as well I found it at Lowes and I read above that they were not 100% comfortable with their policy and gave a contractor's number, but what is the business's name because I can't find them just with their name. Also, I already have a contractor, but he doesn't have this particular quartz, so who else other than Lowes can I purchase this Quartz from? I already have a contractor to put it in, but where can I Purchase it from other than Lowes?

• Bev Chavez
    casa_de_malcuth, it's made by Silestone. That's what it says on Lowe's website. I don't know where else to get it from though. We bought ours from Lowe's. It had to be back ordered so it took about 3 to 4 weeks for it to come it. It was well worth the wait because it's beautiful!
  • Sheri Lund
    I would look at any countertop vendor you have in your area. Where I live, the business name was fabricators unlimited. My lowes contracted through fabricators for the countertops and installation. I did not order the OJ through lowes (even though I could have)I ordered it through the lumber company that supplied our lumber and construction material because the countertop business “fabricators unlimited” doesn’t sell direct to customer only through a contractor, lumber or big box store. I am not sure why they would hesitate to see something that they don’t want to install. Also you can’t just order quartz countertops, who ever sells the countertop has to come to your home and get a laser footprint of where it will be placed. So if lowes sells it then the supplier has to come and set up its survey laser to get exact measurements and that supplier should be the ones to install it to guarantee the stone and work of the installation.
  • casa_de_malcuth

Bev Chavez,

Yes, that much I already know. I was just wondering if I there was someplace else where I can get it and have it cut etc.other than Lowes

Sheri Lund,

That is interesting because the lady just asked us how long the counters were and we did a graphic layout of the kitchen. I wonder if the next step would have been them sending someone out. My contractor is fine with whatever I purchase it's just that it's in the contract that he is the installer. I told Lowes that and they didn't even mention that.

• Bev Chavez
    You can go to silesstone usa.com and look for a distributor in your area.
  • Cindy Winkle
    We just had Ocean Jasper countertops installed and we love them! We are struggling to decide on black splash! We have white shaker style cabinets and stainless steel appliances. Any suggestions, especially with pictures, would be appreciated!
  • Sheri Lund
    @Cindy did you scroll through the comments? There are a lot of pics ppl posted.
    I have simple white subway tile. Reason why I chose that was bcz we have open concept and we have so many focal points didn’t want to take away from the fireplace or reclaimed wood pan ceiling, and I felt it may be to much going on for anything else. Take a look at your layout is kitchen off by itself or open concept? Do you want your backsplash to be a focal point or standout?
    Good luck! I don’t wish I was back making those choices again.
    I have pictures further up in discussion.
  • Cindy Winkle

Thank you thank you so much for your response! My kitchen is open concept with our great room. I am leaning toward white subway tile also because I certainly don't want to take away from the beauty of the quartz. I will scroll the photos! Much appreciated!

• Wendy Fullerton

I love seeing these pictures!!! We are getting ready to make a full kitchen remodel purchase from Lowe's. Almost 98% decided on Ocean Jasper with white shaker cabinets. Anyone else have any more pictures of this stone in their kitchen?

• Penny Page-Rush
    Love our Ocean Jasper. The tile backsplash is going in tomorrow and as soon as it is complete, I will share pictures.
  • Jessica

I'm so glad I followed this thread when I was redoing my kitchen! I LOVE the ocean jasper. As many of you have said, it's even prettier in person. It sparkles so much =) We went with white subway tile and "Silver Satin" (again thanks to these threads) for the wall color.