Software
Houzz Logo Print
andrew_cauchi

Dilemma over 5.3m height in living room and terrace directly above

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

Hi,
I am designing a house with my architect and I have a dilemma over a high level window in the bedroom upstairs. To give the reader an idea, the design came out that I have a living room with height of 5.3mtrs whilst the other rooms at the same Level are of around 3.3mtrs. This will be a nice living room with the benefit of light and space. However, I have a bedroom upstairs which overlooks the terrace (this terrace is directly on the living room with the extra height). As a result, the only window overlooking the terrace is very high up, with the windowsill starting with over 2mtrs from the floor Level. Otherwise there are no other Windows and it irritates me that there are no windows at eye Level as even for me to open the window it will be very difficult and thus there would be a Problem with circulation of air. Is it worth the extra height ceiling in the living room? I am thinking that it is not worth the extra height... just want to ask anyone interested for an opinion.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Wannemacher Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Customized Award-Winning Interior Design Solutions in Franklin Cnty OH