Software
Houzz Logo Print
puertabella

Brick backsplash

We added a brick backsplash to my clients kitchen & carried it all the way up to the ceiling. I love the addition of the brick, it's bring me a rustic & warm texture the the space! We also used the same brick in the kitchen dining nook to tie the two spaces together. In addition, we added a built in bench & pillows to provide additional seating.

Comments (23)

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    My client loves the brick & is very happy with her choice!
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Is the rest of the home rustic and warm? Would love to see how it compliments the dining room/living room.

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    She just moved in-we are adding the rustic touches throughout the home. Lighting furniture & accessories are next for the kitchen & nook & then we are moving on to the family room.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Great work!

  • 9 years ago
    Looks amazing!
  • 9 years ago

    completely changes the look; had to go back and relook at the pictures because I thought more was done then the brick.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    looks good!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Nice!!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Looks great but I would not recommend it!

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    This is a great example to show others who come on here complaining about their 70s kitchen covered in faux brick & not knowing how to modernize the space. Be happy, people are paying good money to have that installed once again!

  • 9 years ago

    Is the brick a veneer or actual brick? If so, which product did you use?

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Looks good!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I love how this looks then I read Homebody's comment and I could totally see that being very difficult to clean grease off. Everything matches so nicely though and I love the rustic look!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Love the rustic look! Nicely Done.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Looks great! I to wonder how easy it would be to clean grease off of however.

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Interesting look, but glad it's not my job to clean that kitchen. I'm thinking a similar color range of tiles would have been smarter and had the same basic look.

    This mfgr makes glazed tiles that are in brick colors, so if you want the look and the ease of cleaning, this might be a good solution:

    https://www.fireclaytile.com/brick/colors/

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    nicely done!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Love brick wall! Adds a lot of character!

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Nice! Love it.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I love it, we did this a year ago and kindda fell in love with bricks again

    Daywalt - Kitchen and Dining · More Info

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Looks lovely!

  • 9 years ago
    It is fantastic! I am also putting a brick backsplash in my home. It's country and I love the warm rustic touch that it brings into the room. Cleaning it is the last worry on my mind. I see no issue if you keep up with cleaning and have the right product. I think the look and feel outweighs the little work you have to put in to keep it clean. Great job!