Software
Houzz Logo Print
09081985

Thoughts on chairs?

9 years ago

Hi Houzzers!

Need quick help..I am doing up my living room in navy color with yellow accents. What do you think of these chairs?? Please let me know your thoughts?


Comments (65)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I love them. What's your navy look like?

  • 9 years ago

    123 Remodeling - these are the options I was considering. Also attaching a picture of my room..in case you have suggestions!


  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I'm a big fan. What are your rug thoughts?

  • 9 years ago

    Ah! So rug I thought I will pick in the end once I have a few pieces in place.. But I was thinking a blue and white rug..some contemporary

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    So like a pattern do you think? That's gonna look so nice! Maybe something very geometric. That's an amazing view out your windows btw - you're very lucky.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Maybe like these? Interesting but not too busy.


    Nuloom Beyazit Machine-Made Shag Rug, Blue 5'3"x7'6" · More Info


    Alder Area Rug, Blue, 5'x7' · More Info


    Hand-Tufted Area Rug, Blue, 5'x8' · More Info

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Here's just a couple more. What are your thoughts?




    Everest Lattice Trellis Navy 5'x7'6" · More Info


    Hand Woven Boardwalk Wool Rug BDW-4000 - 3'3" x 5'3" · More Info


    Hand Knotted Diamond Shag Rug, 8'6"x11'6" · More Info

  • 9 years ago

    I like the 3 rd one! Abstract Hand-Tufted Area Rug, Blue, 5'x8'

    What do you think of these?

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    They're both really nice. I like the triangle one best, personally, but I think the other one will work better in your room.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    That one rug also comes in a couple color variations, btw.

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Yeah..some of these are great. I think I will decide the rug once the big furniture pieces are in place. Thank you so much for your help on this. I will come back for more advice soon! :)

  • 9 years ago

    I am back..my chairs are here and they are amazing! I have thrown together some pics of my living room. It's a rainy day and the lighting is bad :( Need some rug suggestions! If you have thoughts on the stuff on the wall too, please let me know. Thanks so much!

  • 9 years ago

    There will be a white table with a wooden top between the yellow chairs. This is the other side of the room (opposite the couch)..all work in progress!

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Thanks for deleting your other post. I don't see an issue with starting another thread, as long as you are only keeping one alive, and not asking the same thing in multiple places.

    Could you provide a picture of the sofa's back wall. It was hard to understand whether I am looking at a side wall where the pictures are being debated or the back wall. I see you were debating a geometry blue rug on Nov 16th. Are you still looking at it? I think you should go with red in this case, because that would be a lot blue unless you offset it with pillows or art.

    The gallery art wall doesn't make a lot sense to me. Can you share your plans on that with pics of the back wall?

    I would either put a plant on the side of the tv console or center it on that wall.

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Thank you StephE! This is the layout of the apartment. The pics are on the wall right behind the sofa..I was hoping to have blue as the main color with yellow accents but that might not make sense anymore. The stuff on wall is what I had already. The light is not very good in the picture so it's not clear but the sofa is a darkish gray.

    And I was thinking of maybe getting a plant for the corner next to TV console or maybe something else?

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Is the scale of the pictures somewhat correct and are you going to make a gallery of them? I would decide on a rug first. Looks like you have your eye on a couple and been given a lot of advice. You just have to decide on one you love. I personally would suggest a red rug and one large picture behind the couch.

  • 9 years ago

    No! The pictures are much smaller. I stitched them up all together on PowerPoint :D

    The wall stuff in the picture is what I have so was hoping to use them in whatever way works best..if this is not looking good then will find some other use for them!

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Do you love them is the question.

    I personally don't think these pictures as a gallery behind your sofa is going to look good, but it's not my opinion that matters.

  • 9 years ago

    Yeah..sort of. All were picked up on our travels :)

  • 9 years ago
    I love your chairs! And every one of those blue rugs, too!
  • 9 years ago

    :) :)

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

  • 9 years ago

    So one large piece on the wall..actually looks good! And is the red thing a rug on the right?

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Yes, it's a rug. You could go blue too. But I would get something that pops. You need color somewhere. I have a large blue geometric rug myself and it's already getting dated due to the design. Geo prints were very trendy, so I would get something a little less.

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

  • 9 years ago

    I love love the first one!! Where can I find that one?

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    All West Elm. But you can probably find a a similar kilim rug locally or on Etsy. Anthropology also has kilims but they are pricey. Crate Barrel has modern rugs as well. Pottery Barn has kilim but they are more traditional design.

    Make sure you get a good rug pad or it will move. I bought a good one on Amazon for my 8x10.

  • 9 years ago
    Would there be any other options? The kilim rugs seem to be little expensive. Is there any way I could see how these will look in the room?
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Sorry I thought you were debating on a rug from West Elm, which is the same price point as all the ones I posted. Color me confused.

    Yes, you could definitely get something less expensive, but I would opt for something less trendy at a lower price point. I would need a better picture of the room to show you different things, also need to know where you are going to shop if it's online. Maybe Groveraxle will show up and save the day.

    This is the kilim rug from west elm you posted on two threads, that's why I thought this was your price point.

    http://www.westelm.com/products/framed-triangles-wool-kilim-rug-t1806/?pkey=cpattern-rugs-flooring&&cpattern-rugs-flooring

  • 9 years ago
    I'll post pictures in better light tomorrow morning. thank you! Happy holidays! :)
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    They are way to mod looking to me:( looks like they came from a 60's hotel...I like the idea..I would re-spray paint them in a softer yellow and change out the seat fabric to something like this..

  • 9 years ago
    Home Interiors with Ease - thanks for your opinion. Just bought them so will live with them for a while!
    Here are some new pics
  • 9 years ago
    one more
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Are you still working on layout? I ask because you have two small yellow chairs that you mentioned are for a dining table that's not there. Will the table go in front of the AC unit? And if so, what of that chair that's in the corner. Will that be moved? I would get your layout sorted out, before you can decide on a rug size.

    After you have all that sorted please post a link to rugs you are interested in, stores you will be shopping from, or price point. I'm guessing you will need a 8x10 or 6x9 for your couch legs to be on the rug and extend to entertainment center (please measure). Any more furniture going in the space? Maybe one more picture of your couch with your flooring and wall space above for art and rug.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Don't look very good with the floors so a rug will be very important!

  • 9 years ago

    Personally, I'm not a big fan. But if it's possible to fix them up a bit, I would recommend spray painting the wood to the yellow you used in your walls or otherwise a dull yellow. And then covering up the seats with some fabrics the same color. Or if you can pull the cushions out, switch them out with yellow cushions.

  • 9 years ago
    Hi! Thank you all for your suggestions. I was waiting for the table to come so that all big pieces of furniture are here. I'll have to live with the chairs for a while! So if you have some rug suggestions to go with all that is there right now. I'm looking for something in the range of $250-300. Blue is my all time favorite color so that might be my preference but really open to anything that will make the room look nice!
  • 9 years ago

    I like the direction you're going, but then, I'm a big fan of color. I've got the rug linked below (in the NAVY option) in my living room. It brings together some of the colors have you going on.

    https://www.rugsusa.com/rugsusa/rugs/rugs-usa-moroccan-diamond-sm18/Ivory/200MJSM18A-203.html

  • 09081985 thanked Shreeya Karnam
  • 9 years ago

    What do you think of this? Is this too boring?


  • 9 years ago

    No, it's actually beautiful.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I would add a more casual organic feel like this white and blue Moroccan styled rug...super cute and eclectic with your new chairs..(still think they need lighter yellow paint and new fabric seats:)...But this rug would look great!!

  • 9 years ago
    Home Interiors With Ease- won't a light base sort of blend with the floor?
  • 9 years ago
    I have these rugs that have your colors in it! They may be to busy for you, but I love them.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    09081985.... putting a white rug over the very golden yellow floors helps neutralize the area and gives a white background to make all your colors pop!

  • PRO
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    After looking at your ideabook images...I even feel stronger about a very light rug with a large pattern..you seem to like the Moraccan pattern...most of the spaces you like have light neutral rug or carpets but also are light and bright I really did not see anything like the bright yellow chairs your have...now I think you should paint them white or very light gray ..and you actually may be able to keep the seat fabric with a white or light gray frame...it will look much more sophisticated and allow all art, pillows and acessories to really be the focus and Let your eyes bounce around the space..rather than only focusing on the two yellow chairs! This room could really be fabulous..:))

  • 9 years ago
    Happy new year everyone!
    so if I use a neutral rug i could even have colourful coffee table such as the ones below, right? These might not go with a rug with too much rug, right?
  • 9 years ago
    too much color i meant!
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Yes..it will alow you to have fun with pops of color throughout the space!