Software
Houzz Logo Print
dgluck13

Cabinet Pulls Help!

9 years ago
Hi,

I am looking for suggestions for cabinet pulls for my kitchen. I think I like pulls throughout, instead of pulls and knobs. My kitchen is in the process of being assembled but here are some progress pics. Please help!
Thanks,
Dan

Comments (17)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Depends your lighting and faucet finishes and if you want to mix, and your kitchen is fairly traditional so I'd stay with that feel as well.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Before adding anything I would have that hood redone so that it connects to the cabinets on either side IMO that is the whole point of those hood covers

  • 9 years ago
    I don't think you need a wider hood, it looks like it is at least as wide as the stove. I used all pulls, nicer than knobs
  • 9 years ago
    Thanks for all your tips. Would love a recommendation for an actual pull to use if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks!
  • 9 years ago

    Given the curved insets in your glass, I'd go for a simple arched pull.


    5" Loop Cabinet Pull Satin Nickel · More Info



    Elements Verona Curved 5" Arch Pull - Satin Nickel · More Info

    However, you're not giving us much to work with -- is the overall look (lights, etc.) more modern and sleek or more glam? If the latter, then you could go a bit more ornate with the pulls...


    Jeffrey Alexander Lille Palm Leaf 3-3/4" Arch Pull - Satin Nickel · More Info


    Satin Nickel Weave Cabinet Pull · More Info

    French Country Satin Nickel Cabinet Handle · More Info

    I like 5" most of the time, unless you have a really small drawer to deal with. Really, there are a zillion possibilities, so you just need to see what you like -- I recommend considering both look and feel, as sometimes the coolest lookers have sharp edges or other things that put you off. You can order single samples from Houzz and many other suppliers, and/or you can go to a kitchen store and look at bunches in person to help narrow down your preferences...

  • 9 years ago

    Oh, meant to say that I searched by nickel, because that's still the biggest selection, but many options are possible with brass or bronze as well, if you're leaning that way.


    415-160ABSB Lille Cabinet Pull in Antique Brushed Satin Brass · More Info

    Elements Verona 5" Arch Pull - Antique Brass · More Info



    5" Loop Cabinet Pull Oil Rubbed Bronze · More Info

    Oil Rubbed Bronze Weave Cabinet Pull · More Info

    Probably nickel or brass would be better than bronze or iron, since you have dark cabinets as well as light ones.

  • 9 years ago
    Thanks! We haven't picked lighting yet, but all good food for thought. Generally our style is transitional although based on what you see it probably seems like we're going for a more traditional look.
  • 9 years ago
    What do you think of this one?
  • 9 years ago

    Some ideas & some of them come in different finishes.

    Amerock Pull Sea Grass 160mm Gold Champagne · More Info

    Anello Pull 14k Gold, 128mm cc - Traditional Cabinet Hardware Pull Handle · More Info

    Amerock Pull Crawford 96mm Gold Champagne · More Info

    Hickory Hardware Williamsburg Collection Cup Pull, 3" C/C - Antique Rose Gold · More Info

  • 9 years ago
    I'm telling you, pulls are an absolute pain on doors. I thought they'd be cool too once... Never again. Went back to knobs, just really pretty ones....
  • 9 years ago
    Cheryl, thanks for the insight. Do you mind elaborating why they are a pain?
  • 9 years ago

    I've always liked the pull you posted.

    Also, I like pulls on every possible surface -- find them much more pleasant to grab, and they never grab me back (unlike knobs, which catch on my pockets and everything else, ripping seams and jerking me around). You do have to avoid pulls with overhangs, though, or you're back to snagging.

    Brag pics · More Info

    Brag pics · More Info

    New Kitchen 2016 -- wall 4 right, after · More Info

  • 9 years ago
    Thanks acm!
  • 9 years ago

    I also definitely prefer pulls on everything. Especially nice curved ones like those that have been recommended. I'm always banging my hips on knobs for some reason.

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    The glass door details will make a knob (Emtek below)



    look a LOT better than a pull, on the upper cabinetry. I'd knob the tops, use pulls on the drawers only. One decision begets another. : ) You'll only detract from the door "mullion" with a pull. Your hood is fine,......... but should have been installed after tiling to the ceiling with whatever you plan for a back splash. You are going to have some awkward spots to deal with, unless you do that. Remove, and re install. ( Actually I'd use the top as BOTH knob and pull._One to a drawer is MUCH easier.

  • 9 years ago
    Thank you all!