Software
Houzz Logo Print
patrice_wilson24

blue sofa

9 years ago
do you think i should paint the walls.white..or light gray?

Comments (23)

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Do you plan to have a larger rug? I would select a rug that is sized so the furniture front legs fits onto the rug by at least 6". Great color sofa!! With the rug selected you can select wall paint color with that in mind. Easy to get paint, not as easy to find the right rug. I'll post a few. There is a lot going on in this space, do you need everything I see? I would edit some items out so you can appreciate the space and your lovely sofa better.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Then I would go for a blue/gray wall color. So once you decide on rug, we can go back to your original question. Sorry, but these things have a certain sequence.

  • 9 years ago

    I would go with white.

  • 9 years ago

    flo is right, paint should be last. are you ready for that? if you are. i think either would be fine. love the blue.

  • 9 years ago
    Great!..i looked at that same rug so i like that choice. .i think its to busy around the fire place as well, i'll have to weed out a few pieces. .thanks again for your expert advise.. the room size 18x20. 9ft high ceilings
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    If you are going for a contemporary style I would select white. There is nothing like blue with white. You can still work in natural color accents. Pare down some of the accessories to just the very best.

  • 9 years ago

    Do you have any other seating in this room that may have fabric that has to be taken into consideration? It looks like an animal print on the one near the fireplace?

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I love your sofa! What a bold choice. Well done!

  • 9 years ago
    White would be a lovely choice. It will really make your beautiful sofa stand out.
  • 9 years ago

    White gets my vote.

  • 9 years ago
    I think white would be awesome with the blue.
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    White is a good possibility but might be a bit too stark. Maybe a "museum" type white would be a nice "background" for all your great pieces. The walls will be your "backdrop".

  • 9 years ago

    I would use a slightly off white, so that the fireplace, doors, molding etc. stand out. I would change the black shades on lamps on mantle to white and add a large white shag - both of which will really compliment the room.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I'm with Maureen in that I'd do some contrast so you don't lose all the pretty things that are already white. But I'm thinking a very light gray - almost white - that leans cool so it'll pick up with the blue sofa.

  • PRO
    9 years ago


    Palm Beach Apartment · More Info
    I would do blue walls and give the red table a front and center, using that color for accents. You have a great fireplace surround and lots of woodwork…including the white French doors…dark blue walls would be fab!

  • 9 years ago
    yes . this is while waiting for sofa to arrive.i bought this chair. hoping it would work. i was traditional style ,, now im slowing trying to go into a more modern style. appreciate all the wonderful tips
  • 9 years ago
    side chair to match blue sofa
  • 9 years ago

    i vote white. crisp. you can layer shades of gray elsewhere in the room if you choose.


  • 9 years ago
    recommend floor color & style for small kitchen..
  • 9 years ago
    what style should i change kitchen counter top. .to match floor tile?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Why do you want to change the countertop? Looks ok. Now flooring, not so much. A light gray on the floor might be nice, or white. Kind of hard to tell. Is that an oversized TV hanging up on the left. Yikes. Get that out of there. If you must put a small one on a pull out arm bracket on the left side wall. Chairs for the table are too large for the space. Something smaller scale would be desirable. Maybe a "crossback" type.

    Hercules Series Black Resin Indoor-Outdoor Cross Back Chair With Steel Inner Leg · More Info
    Something like this only perhaps in wood with a blue and white print cushion.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Below are two room designs from our portfolio. Notice the wall colors?

    Chaplin Crescent Estates · More Info

    Royal York Renovation and Decoration · More Info