Software
Houzz Logo Print
akelly336

Has anyone used Clarino Quartz for kitchen countertops (or bath)? It

9 years ago
I am thinking of using it for kitchen counters with white cabinets. There are few pictures out there as it is a new color.

Comments (110)

  • 7 years ago
    My home is on the small side- about 2100 sq ft. It’s a center hall farmhouse colonial so my FR is just a few feet away from my kitchen- definitely not a showplace enormous kitchen like you see posted on Houzz, but I still wanted a stylish look. I’ve already purchased a white farmhouse sink so I think that’ll help link the lower green-grey cabs with the white uppers. We’re also planning a fireplace makeover ( currently floor to celling red brick). We’ll be doing white wood sides and mantle and some type of multi color stone surround ( in greys and tans to link the rooms), So..... things be will looking very different. I enjoy the process of searching for the right colors and styles as long as I think things are on the right track, but it’s easy to get tripped up and frustrated looking for something that might not possibly exist lol!

    I say get what you love- you can always change your dining set later down the road when you’re ready.
  • 7 years ago

    Your house sounds wonderful. I hope you post pictures of your green-grey cab and white uppers. I love, love that look. The fireplace plans sound awesome. What a big change that will be. All I have planned for my fireplace is having the painters paint the red brick. I certainly understand what you mean when you say it's enjoyable as long as "things are on the right track" but they don't always stay that way, do they? I have some other things going in my life that have made redecorating the house really hard, even finding the time to look for quartz and cabinets has been tough. All that keeps me going is knowing that one day things will look better around here. Your advice is good advice. Thanks, and please do post pics.

  • 7 years ago

    Also... the charcoal gray is a very, very interesting idea!

  • 7 years ago

    Considering Clarino for maple cabinets, anybody has pictures of that combo? thank you!

  • 7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

    Below are photos of the Clarino quartz with darker wood cabinets. My husband and I did a kitchen refresh this past spring and had many of the same questions as people on this thread. I love how the copper accents in the Clarion really compliment the wood. The lighter color of the countertops brightened up our kitchen and helped make it feel more modern. The small subway tile backsplash (2"x4" tiles) is white. We bought samples of bone and cream, which did match the countertops better - but we felt it looked too dull. The white looks great up on the wall and again, lends a more modern touch. The quartz takes a bit more maintenance and care than I expected, but it's worth it!










  • 7 years ago

    Thanks for those posts, Natalie. Very, very pretty!!!

  • 7 years ago

    I can't believe I've just read "I was forcing brown and grey" and "I refuse to let my furniture dictate my hard surfaces." We just redid our basement out of necessity so we are trying to do it inexpensively. It was dark and gloomy so we wanted to brighten it up by putting in a very light wood tone laminate floor and "greige" paint (Balboa Mist by Benjamin Moore). In order to make our money last, we decided to replace the upstairs couch with a new one and move the one being replaced to the basement. Well, the couch is like a chestnut suede brown and has a loveseat we would put on the opposite end of the room to fill up a different seating area. I think it will be fine with some area rugs and throw pillows, but we also replaced the bar with gray cabinets that look nice with everything, but since it's dark , I feel will compete with the chestnut color. My solution was to get Clarion countertops for the bar since it seemed to be grey base with tan veins, but now I"m not sure if it will class with the dark grey cabinet. . What do you think? Pics attached. I'll try and post some of the actual completed basement!




  • 7 years ago

    Can someone who has a Clarino in their kitchen please recommend sink color? I want white with no speckles but struggling to find or to know if it will be too white? please let me know sink and model #

  • 7 years ago
    I have clarino in my BR with a white sink- I like the contrast and it matches my white toilet and crisp white trim. My cabinets are a creamier off white.
  • 7 years ago

    How is your Clarino holding up? I am hoping to order it for 3 bathroom remodels next week. I have maple cabinets and think it will work nicely. Concerned about chipping and discoloration...any issues? I was thinking eased edge or crescent. Any recommendations.


  • 7 years ago

    Here are pics in my kitchen

    it was installed a couple months ago no problems:)


  • 7 years ago

    Make sure that the white of the cabinets matches the white of the quartz. That will offset the creamy colors in the quartz and make the white more prominent.

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    As a sales rep who sells Viatera, I will say it is a well made Quartz product. ( plant is in northern Georgia) if you are located in Pennsylvania, Southern NJ, Delaware, Ohio or West Virginia, I recommend making an appointment at one of our warehouses ( warehouses in Pittsburgh, Cleveland and Allentown PA) to view the slab prior to purchasing. Bring along either a cabinet door or a paint swatch of your new cabinets and a sample of the flooring. It helps in visualizing how everything will come together.

  • 7 years ago

    Mine keeps chipping, it was fixed last summer via the warranty but continued to chip. This is the response I got when I called the company the second time:


    Because of the previous claim I submitted this to an extra review and apologize for the delay.

    Please see report below and pictures attached. There were no manufacturing defects present during inspection. Our LG Hausys 15 year limited warranty is on manufacturing defects only.

    Comprehensive Inspection Report:

    Findings

    Countertop: Viatera; Color: Clarino

    During the course of the inspection the technician reported (20) twenty pits located throughout the countertops installed in the kitchen and (1) pit located on the vanity top in the Master Bathroom.

    Cause

    Below Consumer Expectation; No Manufacturing Defects Present

    Cause Notes

    - The pits are smaller than 1.5mm and not visible from 6' away
    - No Manufacturing Defects reported.

    Solution/Recommendation

    Based on the findings of the inspection we recommend no further warranty coverage as the issue the customer is experiencing is an inherent characteristic of the LG Viatera top. Suggest a denial letter be mailed to the customer.

    As a result of the manufacturing process, small voids do occur, ranging in size from microscopic to 1.5 mm (the size of a pinhead). This in no way affects the integrity of the slab nor do they have any impact on the porosity of the material.

  • 6 years ago

    I am so glad I saw this before I ordered this brand. I do love that color, I decided to check the Better Business Bureau. As a result, I am afraid to order this brand. https://www.bbb.org/us/ga/atlanta/profile/countertops/lg-hausys-america-inc-0443-27307563/complaints

  • 6 years ago

    I used Clarino in 3 bathrooms and couldn’t be happier. Maybe the difference is the installer. I was a bit concerned because of the reviews but it was exactly the look I was going for so decided to risk it. No issues here.

  • 6 years ago

    Love the Clarino!!! did it in the kitchen remodel with two tone cabinets...the only thing I would do next time is buff it so it won't be so shiny!

  • PRO
    6 years ago

    Yes, The Designer I work with used it for her Client and it is beautiful.

  • 5 years ago

    @rthe58 - your bathrooms look great. Is your Clarino honed? Not sure if that's the correct term, but your counters don't look shiny. Thanks

  • 5 years ago

    My Clarino is not honed. I don’t think it is too shiny. 18 months later I am still loving it!

  • 5 years ago

    I'm considering Clarino after a long search for a light countertop that can be used in a u-shaped kitchen. Some of the quartz I like are either too gray, or have too much movement for the seams to look good. I love Minuet but need a warmer countertop for my north facing kitchen. My question is for those of you who painted your cupboards -- what color white did you use? Thanks!!!

  • 5 years ago

    I love the Clarino! My cabinets were painted an off white. We have since moved and I have used the Clarino again with navy blue cabinets and it's perfect. I suggest going with a white that isn't real bright. I went with Clarino because I do not use gray in my decorating in my kitchen and wanted something that would look good with more of an off white trim and tile.

  • 5 years ago

    Thanks, queen bee - Very helpfu!.

  • 5 years ago
    last modified: 5 years ago

    I'm considering Clarino for masterbath double vanity. Trying to coordinate with current tile since I am not doing a whole bathroom overhaul- just the counters to refresh. We have hard well water. Will Clarino (or quartz in general) be okay for hard water? I have granite in powder room and it has held up fine. Do you think Clarino will coordinate with tile? Also was looking at White Spring granite and Alaska White granite but not sure if they will coordinate.








  • 5 years ago

    I have it in kitchen with hard well water i love the color the sink is used a lot i hand wash dishes and can. The quartz looks new holds up to a lot of use abuse. Its hard to tell on phone but I don’t think it goes with the tile. It white gray with some warm brown steaks. Your tile looks more cream than white. Get a large sample but to question no problem with hardwater

  • 5 years ago

    thanks for the info- yes tile is more cream.


  • 5 years ago

    I finally got a sample of the Clarino and I think it works well with existing tile. Just want a second opinion here!

    Also deciding about whether to use Clarino for the 4" backsplash in the back (86" double sink vanity) and the two sides of the vanity vs using tile like the pic below.



    My bathroom-


    Should I use the tile in the pic below or the same quartz for backsplash in the next pic?





  • 5 years ago

    definitely use the quartz for backsplash!

  • 5 years ago

    Ditto, use quartz for backsplash.

  • 5 years ago




    Looking for ideas on cabinet colors and back splash for my new clarino countertops.

  • 5 years ago

    Hi Lisa, your counters look fantastic! we had Clarino installed about 4 months ago. I love it, but when it went in I realized I wasn't crazy about the backsplash tile I'd selected (Bedrosians Chloe in white). Now am in search of backsplash ideas as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

  • 4 years ago

    Hello Astrid, Did you consider the Bedrosians Cloe in Creme? I'd love to hear what you decided to use for a backsplash.

  • 4 years ago

    I'm about to have Clarino installed as the vanity in my foyer bath. The vanity cabinet/drawers is currently darker oak, and I'm going to paint it black. I'm going for a black/cream look in this bathroom if I can ever figure out what color paint to put on the walls!!

  • 4 years ago

    Considering Clarino for our kitchen. Cabinets will be painted BM White Dove probably but not sure what I should do for a backsplash? I don't think pure white would look good against the Clarino but I would love to see your backsplashes!

  • 4 years ago

    Realize this is an older post, but have just chosen Clarino for my new kitchen. Long story short, there is nothing to take the place of looking at a full or even a half slab. I limited travel to 100 miles to find them and it was well worth the effort, as everything I was driving to see, as that is what I picked from a sample, was never The One, until yesterday, the Clarino, there she was, rejected from the uninspiring sample but actually perfect, just waiting for me by the showroom/wholesaler's front door, all beautiful 10ft. Putting the Clarino and Soprano side by side, they are identical style and movement, but Clarino has less gray and is a more warm tone than Soprano, perfect for my darker cabinets, and best backsplash so far is a smaller mosaic tiles of white, some goldish/brownish marble, and seashell mix for some sparkle, but white does look good with it. I have also learned that they change the colors from time to time, or formula or whatever it is they use, making their updates of what you will be getting look nothing like the samples being used found in stores, so when mentioning it to salespeople they now tell me when the samples were changed, info that is not normally volunteered. I noticed this at Cambria in Ft Lauderdale last week, and there was a 2 year difference between the old and the new, totally different quartz just same name. I had one sample that was taken from the only 4 square inches of a slab that I actually liked, the rest of it was pretty bad and not suitable, so I think I have to like more than a few inches of a counter top lol. Anyway, I was very glad to find and go look at the actual, recently made slabs that are going to more closely resemble what I will be getting before committing all those $$

  • 4 years ago

    Thank you for this Karen!! We are thinking of clarino - the designer was worried that it read too pink and she liked the soprano better. I agree with you the soprano is more gray - which I don’t think I want.
    Looking at Greek villa as a possible cabinet color with the island being stained.

    Would love to see your pics when you get them.

  • 4 years ago

    Cindy, I went with Schrock cabinets with a morel stain on cherry, which is a medium brown with a goldy tint here and there. Clarino looks pretty good on these darker cabinets, but I have seen it on light cabinets also looking very nice, so it appears to be a very versatile pattern and not too busy I cant put about any curtains I want up. Nicely made cabinets, horrible store I ordered from. Thought going to a boutique local store that offered a designer??? would be easier. Wrong. I caught most of the mistakes but missed a big one, so over here, making lemonade....lol. Putting in a new kitchen is not for the weak or timid, I am on month 10 here of no kitchen and just got the cabinets installed.

  • 4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

    We chose Clarino for our kitchen 5 years ago and we love it! It's beautiful and durable. We have white cabinets, a Java Blanco sink and a darker luxury vinyl floor. To me, it gives an overall white look with swirls of light gray as a backdrop to the gold swirls which add an accent that compliments and draws together the light cabinets, dark sink and dark flooring. We looked and looked and debated about what to go with. We are 100% satisfied with this choice. (Be sure to actually click on the pics. The colors are more accurate. Not sure why.)




  • 4 years ago

    @Astrid Woodward-Lee What backsplash did you end up going with. I was thinking of the Chloe form Bedrosians - sad to hear that didn't work. Would love to hear/see what you chose.

  • 3 years ago

    @Debbi Murphey - do you have additional pictures that show the counter with the cabinets? I am thinking of warm white cabinets with Clarino Brushed....I love the gold/coppery vein in the Clarino as it picks up on our copper lighting in the space.



  • 3 years ago

    @lisa7242 I actually have puppy pics to take later today 😊 so I'll try to get some pics for you at the same time.

  • 3 years ago

    I tend to call the color swirls in Clarino "Nutmeg."

  • 3 years ago

    @lisa7242 Hello! What countetop did you end up with? We are having warm white cabs installed and are trying to choose a countertop. I saw a sample of this one and it looks like it might work!

  • 3 years ago

    Hi @Sara, we are actually quite a ways out from doing our kitchen reno, but I am a planner. Let me know what you choose - excited to see pics!

  • 3 years ago

    Can someone suggest a coordinating bathroom floor and shower tile to go with Master bath vanity
    LG Viatera Quartz
    Clarion/ color I’m having a very difficult time matching the color clarion
    Thanks Paula

  • 2 years ago

    I had Clarino installed in our kitchen because the coppery veins worked with our cabinets, which we did not update. After searching longhand hard, we ended up going with Bedrosian Marin Sand Dollar for the backsplash. I kinda wish I had chosen another color for my grout, but nevertheless, I'm please with the outcome.

  • 2 years ago

    Helen Hempfling

    Looks nice! What are your floors?

  • 2 years ago


    I love my brushed clarino

  • 2 years ago




  • last year

    what is your backsplash? I am getting clarino countertops put in and have similae cabinets....having a hard time with the backspalsh!