0
michie22

Brass vs. oil rubbed bronze hardware?

MGdecor
I have decided to do taupe drapery panels to coordinate with my headboard upholstery.

I am stuck on whether I should put up brass or oil rubbed bronze drapery hardware. I am learning towards brass hardware.

BTW, the gilded gold mirror is leaving the room. To be replaced with a calmer, quiter, metallic finish mirror. Light fixture to be replaced as well.

What do you think? Brass or oil rubbed bronze drapery hardware?

• jck910

I wouldn't do shiny brass I would do antique brass look at countrycurtains.com for their antique brass rods

• Kathy Yata

I'd do ORB to tie in with the dark trim on bed and headboard.

WW Love Your Home

Brass will match the elegant furniture better than a dark bronze.

MGdecor thanked WW Love Your Home
  • MGdecor
    Yes, I meant antique/matte brass vs. ORB dark hardware...
  • pennydesign

I guess it depends on whether you want it to be a 'feature'.

I have black in my bedroom because I wanted them noticed, and in the living/dining rooms, I painted them the same color as the walls because I didn't...

WW Love Your Home

a non-polished brass would look great!

• B Kol
    I would go with a brass. I think the room is kinda dark so you should keep the finishes light to lighten the room. Good luck!
  • torreykm

Brass.

• calidesign

Brass or an antiqued gold.

• MGdecor
    If I do brass drapery hardware, do I go with a brass finish for ceiling lighting?
  • mzloolue

If you want a brass finish light fixture, then get it.

The metals don't have to match, but they need to blend and look good.

• sumhomes
    I am in the minority here but I would say ORB for the drapery hardware. I would do the satin brass or other finish in the features you want to accentuate like a light feature. Too much of the same finish and you lose interest, let somethings recede into the background
  • Andrea

ORB is a finish, not a solid material. In most cases ORB is not actually bronze, but another metal or alloy. Most decent hardware is brass and then the brass may have a plating/finish, such as ORB. There are a few companies that make actual bronze hardware, but that rarely has an oil rubbed finish, usually it's some other patina. I think polished brass would look pretty ugly in your space.