Software
Houzz Logo Print
brandynm

Floating stair tread revamp

9 years ago
We are changing out the posts and handrails on our three-story staircase to be more modern to fit the style of the house. The existing treads are built into the stair stringers so we aren't planning to replace them. The back and undersides are stained wood but a previous owner put rubber tread caps that cover the front and top of each tread. I've pulled one of the caps off and it's just wood block underneath. I need ideas on what we could do to the front and top of each tread. I've come across the wood retro treads that are on the market but I've only seen bull nose and we want straight modern lines (i.e., square nose). All of the rubber and vinyl caps I've seen look cheap and industrial. Does anyone know of any other type of tread caps or veneers out there or have any creative ideas on what to do? Thanks!

Comments (6)