Software
Houzz Logo Print
lindafarwell

I was told you can't put the t.v. above the fireplace. What's the secret?

Jane Lockhart Interior Design, Kylemore Model Home "Dublin" · More Info

Comments (8)

  • 13 years ago
    From what I have heard you can't put plasma above fireplaces but others should be fine
  • 13 years ago
    i love the colors, and the position of the furniture'
  • 13 years ago
    What color are the walls?
  • 13 years ago
    What color are the walls?
  • 13 years ago
    I like the TV above the fireplace in this setting. It looks "right!" However, where do you put the cable box, dvd/etc.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    There is no rule about putting a TV over the fireplace. It is recommended for higher BTU fireplaces that a mantel shelf be installed above the fireplace to deflect the heat.
  • 12 years ago
    last modified: 12 years ago
    If the fireplace is actually used I would NOT place a TV over it...if the fireplace is just for looks go ahead. I personally do not like the look of a TV over a fireplace....and as mentioned above it will sit too high on the wall to be comfortable to look at...and the seating arrangement here does not seem correct for viewing the TV.