Software
Houzz Logo Print
valvanryn

Help me set up a living room!

9 years ago

Hello! I've recently moved into a traditional style house that was built in the 90's. Factors I'm working with:

  • LOTS of oak trim that I won't be getting rid of any time soon
  • Beige carpet that is new and will be staying for awhile
  • Tall ceilings with lots of light
  • Kids and a dog - so the space needs to be functional/comfortable and not too high maintenance
  • A mixture of finishes (brass/polished nickel/ORB)

As you can see from the pictures, I'm looking at doing white paint in the main living areas with some color in the dining room and other spaces. I've never done white paint before and love the idea of a clean/bright space, but also don't want it to look too sterile. Currently, we are planning to do Heron Plume from Sherwin Williams (but would be open to other possibilities). I'm doing white ceilings throughout.

I'd love feedback on both paint as well as furniture/decoration elements. I really struggle to hang pictures, etc...

What I'd like in the main room:

  • leather storage ottomon for feet/toys
  • ideas about side tables/lamps
  • patterned curtain for bay window
  • large art/collection of art for above couch

My style is more traditional/colonial/rustic (think PB/some west elm/ -- although I feel like this house is very cookiecutter.

Photos below give a panoramic view from the front door:

Thanks!

Comments (4)