Software
Houzz Logo Print
anne37

Fridge and Range Help - Info Overload!

9 years ago

We are in the market for stainless appliances for new construction and overwhelmed by the all the information and reviews at our fingertips. We've decided on a Bosch dishwasher but would love help navigating the fridge and gas range rabbit holes (budget for both is about $5k):

30" gas range: We really liked the look and feel of the Blomberg. Anyone have any experience with it (recognizing that it's relatively new to market)? We currently have a Bertazzoni and love the look but find it slightly small.

36" counter depth fridge: We liked the look of the Frigidaire Professional but the reviews are mixed at best and the ice maker takes up a ton of space in the fridge. Two local appliance stores warned us to stay away from Samsung on part availability. The stores recommended the Electrolux IQ Touch or the Bosch 800 series (and the Frigidaire). KitchenAid seems to have stellar reviews. Any thoughts on 36" CD fridge? Sounds like in-door water/ice may be more trouble than it's worth?

Thanks very much for the help!

Comments (4)

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Oh I really dont recommend frigid aire professional. I'm having Lowes pick up ours tomorrow for return (was delivered first week of March). Lots of problems though I have the one without ice maker. It's impossible to level, top leans back against wall, with a 2" difference visible from top to bottom on side of fridge. The trim piece at the bottom sticks out on one side (with sharp corner exposed) but this is apparently a design flaw because the ice maker model at the store had the same issue. The door alarm part of the control panel has been dead since arrival. I'm sorry because I like the exterior square lines and hefty handles and all the door storage for milk and pitchers. The fridge has been freezing stuff too, on the recommended 37 deg. I'm just really unhappy though maybe we just got a bad one. The drawers inside feel cheap like they'll break. I will be happy when it's gone!

    The Bosch is small.

    I've decided to get the Kitchenaid KRFC704FPS . It's a little larger, and has a bigger fridge than freezer. I'm really happy with our other new KA appliances (slide in induction range, overrange microwave, and compactor). This model does have in door dispenser which I didn't want, but it's narrow enough for racks inside.

  • 9 years ago

    Photos, forgive temp doors on our pantry cabinet


  • 9 years ago

    Following...

    Also looking for 36" CD fridge. Right now I am planning the new KitchenAid (KRFC604FSS) with 23.8 cu ft. If your household does not need exterior water/ice you will save yourself service problems in the future (on any fridge). In my case I am choosing that over kids constantly opening and closing the fridge door to get to the internal one. The only thing I don't like about it is the freezer drawer layout, lighting and ease of access.

    I saw a nice 36 CD LG in the store with the slimline water dispenser and a much better bottom freezer than the KA but need to research reviews...

  • 9 years ago

    Thanks for the info. I should have focused on KitchenAid. KRFC302ESS seems to have very solid reviews so I think we're going to go with that if we can manage the height and KRFC30ESS if we can't. Really appreciate the feedback. Now onto the range...