Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linda_doherty3272188

Just listed my house

Linda Doherty
7 years ago

It seems everyone likes critiquing homes for sale. Would love critiques of ad/photos. So have at it...

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/801-Twin-Hills-Dr_El-Paso_TX_79912_M80284-21098#photo49

Comments (24)

• Annegriet
    7 years ago

I love it! A+. I'd buy it if I was looking to live in El Paso!

Linda Doherty thanked Annegriet
  • bobjax
    7 years ago

In my area that roof design would give you a big reduction in hurricane insurance.

You did a great job!

Linda Doherty thanked bobjax
  • graywings123
    7 years ago

Lovely, really lovely!

Linda Doherty thanked graywings123
  • gbauer48
    7 years ago

Amazing. In Toronto that property would fetch at least $2 million.

Linda Doherty thanked gbauer48
  • bobjax
    7 years ago

Gbauer 48,

Your comment is amazing. In my wonderful NE Florida neighborhood (11 minutes from the Ocean) that house would sell for $200,000 less than her asking price.

Linda Doherty thanked bobjax
  • User
    7 years ago

Wow, talk about move-in condition!

Really gorgeous kitchen and baths. Wonderful finishes.

The Roman columns really made me smile.

Linda Doherty thanked User
  • FeatherBee
    7 years ago

WOW - beautiful home! Hope it sells quickly for ya!

Linda Doherty thanked FeatherBee
  • ncrealestateguy
    7 years ago

Nice. Good 'ol Texas home values. Gotta love them.

Only item i saw that stood out was the refrigerator is over sized for the built in cabinet, as far as the depth goes.

Linda Doherty thanked ncrealestateguy
  • homechef59
    7 years ago

Good pictures. Nice home. Great condition. Listing needs just a little editing. Needs flowers/color.

While it is important to list the many improvements and the fact that the home has received substantial updating right away, you also need to set the stage and sell the dream. I think your listing is good, but needs minor editing.

The opening is good. After you say "no back neighbors." insert the sentence: " The open floorplan is made for entertaining, and the huge patio, and spectacular views lets the party move effortlessly outside." Then give all of the extensive updates. Close with your must see sentence.

Because buyers have such short attention spans, it's best to sell up front and give facts on the back side. Emphasizing the extensive updates is very important, but secondary to setting the stage in the listing paragraph.

I don't think you will have any trouble selling this. I would suggest some planters with brighter flowers on the wall by the front door. The entry is a little too sterile. Maybe some flowers in a planter by the garage, too.

Linda Doherty thanked homechef59
  • Linda Doherty
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Thank you for the nice comments.

Homechef59...you are right about where to place wording. I'm hoing to change it.

Sushipup...I understand your concern, but since I'm not living there anymore, and I have it listed on mls and numerous websites, I'm ok with the address being there.

Mimpadv-My DH and I used to joke that the patio where the columns are is where we hold our gladiator fights.

Ncrealestateguy- I agree about the refrig, but since we buy, remodel, live in then move every yr and a half (supposed to be 2 yrs to cut capital gains tax, but dh wants to move more often), and refrig doesn't convey, I left it there so I can have cold drinks during open houses. I'll move it (and rest of furniure out when it sells)

El paso prices are low compared to many other places. We don't get the high "bubbles", but we don't get the big drops either when the economy drops.

• homechef59
    7 years ago

I'm glad you clarified the purpose of the ring of columns. There will be a buyer who enjoys gladiator movies:) You just need to connect with them and it's sold.

Linda Doherty thanked homechef59
  • sushipup1
    7 years ago

I understand your concern, but since I'm not living there anymore, and I
    have it listed on mls and numerous websites, I'm ok with the address
    being there.

This has nothing to do with your privacy. It does relate to anything you or someone else might say here. We've seen it before: issues on the property itself, pricing or pricing changes, problems with realtors, problems with a buyer and contract. Better to remove identifying info.

Linda Doherty thanked sushipup1
  • jewelisfabulous
    7 years ago

Awesome home! I love the backyard entertaining areas. My only suggestion is to remove the café set outside the front door. It looks old/rusty/dirty. Otherswise, I imagine you'll sell fast!

Linda Doherty thanked jewelisfabulous
  • eld6161
    7 years ago

Lovely home. My only suggestion is to possibly pare down the number of photos. 49 is a lot to look through.

Linda Doherty thanked eld6161
  • Denita
    7 years ago

Actually the greater number of photos the higher your listing will rank in search engines. For marketing purposes 49 photos is great. I have seen listings with over 100 photos and that does get to be tedious. :)

• User
    7 years ago

I would prefer a LOT of photos!

Your house looks lovely and if I were in the market there, and if I had enough $$$, I'd certainly make an offer!

• T. J.
    7 years ago

Awesome home! My only comment would be the order of the photos. I find the interior to the be the wow factor. The front is nice, but the driveway with all the cracks isn't very appealing. Good luck!

• emma1420
    7 years ago

The yard is great. The patio and pool look fantastic. The rest is underwhelming to be honest. I think the lack of furniture and lack of color makes the house seem cold with all that the stone flooring. But, then it's not really my personal taste. I'm sure you know better than I do what is appropriate.

Linda Doherty thanked emma1420
  • Linda Doherty
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Tj...our mls makes us put the exterior front photo as the 1st photo. In print ads I have the kitchen and view/patio/pool first or in primary spot.

• glitterbag
    7 years ago

Beautifully done. I am looking at new tile right now. Could you provide info on your tile? Is it polished porcelain?

• sedona16
    7 years ago

My heart was beating fast while I flipped through the photos, and I'm not even looking for a house! Well done. Loved your waterfall granite and your large widows and millwork. If I moved in youd see a lot of perennials, vines and potted plants for color outside!

Linda Doherty thanked sedona16
  • Linda Doherty
    Original Author
    7 years ago
    last modified: 7 years ago

Glitterbag...the tile is from Emser tile. It is a polished ceramic. I had a really pretty matte 24x24 tile that had a really smooth finish ordered from a co out of mexico, but after waiting 5 weeks was notified ot was going to be delayed another 5, so I needed to get something in stock. I would have preferred porcelin, but didn't care for what they had in stock. I think the name had the word Mifar in it. Or Miramar.

Sedona....I love flowers but kill everything. When I shop for flowers I feel like I am picking out which plants to sacrifice...

• Blue Onblue
    7 years ago

Beautiful home. What I like about your home: Beautiful, easy maintenance floors, great layout, large well kept outdoor space and neutral colors. I also like that it is not too staged as I could picture my furnishings in your house quite easily.

Linda Doherty thanked Blue Onblue