Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
tberri

Size? Complication factor?

tberri
7 years ago
Any chance you could tell me approx. size of this floor plan?
I'm assuming the stilts complicate things -and increase cost of the build. Would you be able to add a little detail to that?
Thanks!
Caddo River · More Info

Comments (3)

• PRO
    Hughes Design and Construction, Inc.
    7 years ago

This house was a lot of fun. It's about 2400 sq/ft. The stilts do add to the cost because your basically adding an extra floor of rough framing cost. We could definitely add more detail to the exterior.

Are you looking at building a similar project?

• tberri
    Original Author
    7 years ago

Let's say I'm researching.

Pretty intently though.

We're considering purchase of a property near Lake Ouachita. If we buy, we may not be building for a while. But we need to determine feasibility to build before we purchase the lot. It's wooded, and has some pretty steep sloping. Also has a couple of small flatter areas which may be build able with less grade work.

I'd had in mind a 1-floor (upper level) primary living, perhaps with build-up or a bridge entry from road level, and lower level built into the hill, offering a little square footage (bedrooms 2 & 3?) and a walkout basement.

I wondered if stilts may be an option, too. Probably not. But I was also thinking a significantly smaller area- maybe around 1500 s.f. as this will not be our primary residence, and when we are there, I'd like the focus to be on outdoor living.

Thanks much for the response!

• PRO
    Hughes Design and Construction, Inc.
    7 years ago

I would be glad to look at the property with you sometime to give you some ideas