Software
Houzz Logo Print
yd2681

hi, your island is beautiful. what color is it?

9 years ago
Chic in Menlo Park · More Info

Comments (29)

  • 9 years ago

    The article says it is a custom mix. Do you know the details? Thanks so much.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Hi Nld904,

    The island is Benjamin Moore Hearthstone. The walls were a custom mix.

    Thank you.

    Christine Sheldon Design

  • 9 years ago

    who makes your bar stools? I would like to buy them

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Hi Renee,

    The bar stools were purchased by the client after the project was completed, so unfortunately we do not have any information on the source.

    Thank you.

    Christine Sheldon Design

  • 9 years ago

    I would love to know the gray paint color on the walls. Beautiful!


  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Hi Melissa,

    The paint color on the walls was a custom color mixed for this project.

    Thank you.

    Christine Sheldon Design

  • 9 years ago
    I think I've found the barstool that's in this picture. https://www.crateandbarrel.com/vintner-white-counter-stool/s605786?st=Vintner White Counter Stool&ta=vitner
  • 9 years ago

    What is the width and length of the island?


  • 9 years ago

    How about the hardware?

  • 9 years ago
    What material is the island countertop?
  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Hi Hillysmyth,

    The island and perimeter countertop is honed Cararra marble.

    Thank you.

    Christine Sheldon Design

  • PRO
    8 years ago
    @ChristineSheldonDesigns thank you for being so kind and generous answering all the questions, particularly about the island color. I’m a huge blue fan and you hit the right tone with this kitchen island. This Menlo Park project is beautiful. You’re very talented. Thank you for the countless inspiration you have provided for all of us here. Wishing you continuing success!
  • PRO
    7 years ago
    You are a very talented designer. Thank you for answering questions and inspiring us with this kitchen. Great job.
  • 6 years ago

    Gorgeous. What's the name of this backsplash?

  • 5 years ago

    Your design is Very beautiful. I love the blue and white theme carried throughout the kitchen and bath.
    Do you provide design services for clients out of state?

  • 5 years ago

    Do you do projects in South Africa perhaps?

  • 3 years ago

    Hi! I was wondering where did you get the matte brass pendants? Thanks so much!

  • 3 years ago

    Can you give a hint as to the backsplash? Lovely.

  • 3 years ago

    Is that island like a dark gray because when I went to Benjamin Moore, the only color that comes up in that number that you posted is a very dark gray

  • 3 years ago

    Yes the color of the island on the website doesnt look the color posted ?

  • PRO
    last year

    Yes the color of the island on the website doesnt look the color posted ?

  • PRO
    last year

    @Derrick Snodgrass @chopperdave — yes, it’s the color she mentioned: Benjamin Moore’s Hearthstone. The reason it may not look the same to you is that we can never trust the colors we see on a monitor, as screens always alter how a color appears. On top of that, lighting in the photo makes a big difference, and we don’t know if the photographer "adjusted" the image color to make it look “better.”


    Before I went to boot camp to study color paint, I made the same mistake. A former client saw this gorgeous blue on someone’s images here. So my painters put it up, and when I walked in, I was horrified to see the walls: it looked like a bunch of blueberries threw up all over the walls. Horrible! Never trust a paint color you see on a phone or computer. They are never what they look like in real life. Always buy a small can of paint and test the actual paint on a bright poster board, leaving the edges white so you can see the paint undertones as well. That’s the only way to know.

  • PRO
    last year

    Love the Kitchen, any info you can give me?

  • PRO
    last year

    @remodeling bathroom hi Kevin, that’s a broad question. This thread is over 8 years old. The designer is not going to make an effort to answer your question. She’s probably too busy to come here and look at her old thread. Read all the questions and answers in this thread and you may find what you’re looking for. I hope this is helpful. Good luck!!

  • last year

    What is the paint color?

  • PRO
    last year

    @Edwin Stanton if you read through the thread, the name of the paint color is at the first few responses on the top, if I can remember correctly.

  • PRO
    10 months ago

    Obsessed with all the cozy, high-style kitchens! 🧑🍳 Pro tip: A statement range hood is the easiest way to upgrade your cooking space. At RangehoodMaster, we specialize in durable, customizable hoods that blend function with luxury - perfect for modern or vintage kitchens. Check out our site for more inspo!