Software
Houzz Logo Print
heidi_griepp6

Help! Boy Friendly / Sturdy / Can jump off it - Coffee table

9 years ago

I have a rough and tumble boy. I don't let him jump off coffee tables but I can't say it hasn't happened. And so, I am have been looking for almost a year for a coffee table that is tough but looks nice. So many look really weak or not sturdy. I want something square or rectangle. I don't want to worry about it getting scratched or dirty or easily broken. Also, I work at home and although I do work at my desk sometimes I want to sit and work at my couch and it sure would be nice to be able to put a laptop on it or quick stash it under or somewhere if I need to (that's not my top need however).

Style doesn't matter too much. My home is craftsman style outside but I have a pretty eclectic inside (stone cabin like fire place, stone and wood book shelves, and some current IKEA stuff and things like a favorite mid-century modern lap thrown in. Colors in living room are gray, lots of tan, red carpet and drapes, and black pieces.

Anyone else out there have kids who may secretly leap onto a coffee table while you are cleaning or in the other room?

Comments (3)