Software
Houzz Logo Print
stephen_curry

Non-slip surface on high-rise balcony captures dirt! How to clean?

9 years ago

I live in a 14 year old high-rise condominium that just had concrete renovations/sealing made to the building, to prevent future problems.


What I didn't know was they were going to replace our normal, smooth-cement surface with on our covered balconies with the same paint-on, anti-slip material that is being used in the building driveways.


Hate this stuff!


It captures pollen, dust and dirt like crazy. Before, because the surface was so smooth, whatever blew on, blew off. Now it's captured by the little indentations.


I've never needed to wear socks outside or use a doormat in the past.


Down on our driveway, the non-slip surface is not as big an issue because you can just pressure-wash the thing.


But technically, we're not supposed to pressure wash or sweep anything off the balconies.


I don't want to be a rude neighbor, but this stuff is really starting to tee me off. I bought a push broom and have been able to loosen it up a bit, but the stuff is too fine to successfully capture in a dust pan.


I thought about waiting until a really hard rain and then just dumping a few gallons of water all over my balcony. After all, water's still falling then.


I bought a $10 hand operated pump sprayer from Home Depot, but it didn't turn out to have the oomph to really move the dirt more than an inch at a time.


What would you do?






Comments (8)