Software
Houzz Logo Print
zstinson5

Love this look! What type of wood and finish are used here?

13 years ago
I have an old deck, and I want to renovate it to achieve this same modern design. What is involved in getting the wood to have that appearance? Can I just refinish my old wood, or is there a special treatment or type of wood that is used? Thank you!
Outdoor Living - Symmes · More Info

Comments (3)

  • PRO
    13 years ago
    This is an Brazilian redwood material called massaranduba. It is possible to buy stain/sealer that give you the color but the grain and texture will be obviously different. This material is similar in cost as synthetic materials maybe more sense lumber prices are up currently.
  • 13 years ago
    I Live in a Town home. The Small Back Yard needs help. This looks like something that would fit what we want to do to it. It would encompass our entire yard from the looks of it. What would the Cost of such a deck be? We are in Shreveport, LA.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I would recommend you contact a local contractor in your area to gain insight into construction costs relative to your specific property and location.