Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melis918

Help w/bathroom paint & tile colors please!

Melissa Kroger
6 years ago

Most of our major projects are nearly finished- waiting for new living room sofa and rug to show up in June, the window seat in our master bedroom will be installed on Friday and the backsplash tile and sink pendant for the kitchen will show up in about a month. Of course I want to take on one more thing while I'm on a roll and DH is onboard. My upstairs hall bath needs new paint, faucet/tub fixtures, and new wall tile. Cabinet, sinks, floor, lighting and counter will remain. The geeen glass tile was never installed correctly and is too dark for the counter. The wall color was painted at my daughter's request and is hideous. I'd love suggestions for a pretty wall color and tile to coordinate with the green marble counter and floor tiles. My main goal is to keep it light in the overall scheme of things. This bathroom is used by my 24 yo son and any overnight guests. All suggestions will be so helpful!

Hideous orange paint must go:

Entire sink wall is tiled:

Larger green tile in shower/

Green marble counter stays:

Tile floor stays:

Comments (13)

• Melissa Kroger
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Shamelessly bumping!

• torreykm
    6 years ago

I'd go with a nice cream/off white color. You've got a lot going on with the tile and dark vanity.

• gsciencechick
    6 years ago

I also think a creamy color would look nice, maybe BM Mascarpone? You'd have to get some samples and see what they are like with the light. I like the counter! Then go with cream and green linens and a green rug. For the BS, I would go with simple subway tiles but not a super bright white.

• palimpsest
    6 years ago

I might go with a Benjamin Moore Off White with a slight but definite green undertone. They have and Off Whites fandeck online.

• amykath
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I would paint it an off creamy white. Pick the lightest color in your tiled floors. I would do a cream subway for behind the sink.

BTW, I love your shower tile

I think it will look fab!!

• pippiep
    6 years ago

I also love the shower tile -- are you keeping it?

I'm wondering if one of the BM OC colors would be good, like November Rain or Overcast.

• Melissa Kroger
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestions! I agree that a pretty off-white with slight green undertone on the walls is a good idea. All the tile, including the shower will be replaced. I think my first step is to head to Heath Ceramics next week with a piece of the green marble and bring a bunch of sample tiles home. We have a house guest for the month of July and guests in August as well, so I am hoping to find something I like in stock. My kitchen backsplash is being done the last week of June and I'd like to have the tile in the bathroom done at the same time. DH suggested a lighter green tile, but I think I'm trying to move away from so much green and keep it neutral.

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    6 years ago

I love your bathroom. The beautiful green marble counter is stunning. Since the bathroom is tight and the color of the counter is rich, I thought perhaps a small square tile mosaic in a light color could provide a nice foil to the saturated linear surface.

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    6 years ago

I don't know how to edit my post- There is nothing tight about your bathroom. I don't know why at first glance I thought it was narrow.

• Christy Reves
    6 years ago

I agree with the others and love your countertop. I think a barely green paint color for the walls. Have you considered also changing the vanity mirrors? I think a rubbed bronze or bamboo would better accent that beautiful countertop. Stack soaps that are all the same color in your sundry jar or something living like an orchid, twigs, or moss balls. It is my opinion that a neutral sisal rug or runner would compliment your space rather than the rust color. You could even go with a white chenille. Have fun.

• Melissa Kroger
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Rita- it actually is. Arrow, so you are not wrong!

Christy- I agree that I need to give it a more organic/ athral feel. The wall color certainly doesn't achieve that!

• just_terrilynn
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I would find a good wallpaper installer to do a continuation lay of a wallpaper mural. Some have a bit of your bedroom blue with the greens. The effect with the lighter sky at the top will add more vertical height and look cool.

Maybe not those particular mural wallpapers ( just quickly grabbed some) but there are some nifty wallpaper murals out there. Google bathroom wallpaper murals or scenery wall murals,

A bunch of trees with water and sky would work so well with the floor color, countertop and wood of vanity... greens, blues, a bit of brown, earth with everything getting lighter as it goes up. Small off areas can be painted any color in the mural.

• just_terrilynn
    6 years ago

You might not be interested but I'll post this wallpaper mural link for other who maybe following.

https://www.wallsauce.com/us/bridgeman-wall-mural-art-wallpaper/