Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smm5525

Kitchen Reveal!

smm5525
6 years ago

I thought this day would never come! Thank you to all those who gave advice on layout, style, appliances, etc! I couldn't have done this without you all.

Cabinets: custom made by local cabinet maker painted BM Simply White

Hardware (pulls): Hickory Hardware Savoy in Polished Chrome

Hardware knobs: Emtek crystal knobs with polished chrome

countertops: LG minuet

island: natural walnut with oil finish

hood: custom by local cabinetmaker

appliances: subzero fridge, wolf steam oven, wolf single oven, wolf induction cooktop, Miele dishwasher, modernaire hood insert

table: Home Decorators Collection Aldridge

chairs: serena & lily riviera in morning fog

accessories: Rae Dunn pottery

lighting: restoration hardware sconces above windows, Thomas obrien Bryant sconces at kitchen sink, and feiss cadence island pendants

tile: Fireclay 60/40 glass vs matte in Hydrangea 2 x 6

sink: Kohler stages 45"

faucet: Kohler karbon in polished chrome

Comments (66)

• Jade BR
    6 years ago

I love your kitchen! Is it my eyes or did you use a different backsplash on cooktop wall? And what is that backsplash? So pretty:)

Congrats!!!

smm5525 thanked Jade BR
  • User
    6 years ago

It's beautiful! I love the choices you made. Enjoy it!

smm5525 thanked User
  • eam44
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

I remember you!!! And your lovely kitchen. Congratulations and well done. Everything is beautiful from the bs (of course) to those bird houses. Thank you for showing us your reveal. Enjoy your space in the best of health!

smm5525 thanked eam44
  • wilson853
    6 years ago

I've been waiting for this one! I thought I might have missed it. Bright and beautiful and it looks so much bigger without the uppers on the sink wall. Congrats on a job well done!

smm5525 thanked wilson853
  • Micki-Micki
    6 years ago

Gorgeous! I love it. Very restful. Do you mind sharing details on your white kitchenware with the words? I must have! :)

smm5525 thanked Micki-Micki
  • beachem
    6 years ago

Woo hoo congratulations!!

I love the corner cabinet with the appliances. It feels so spacious with the color choices. Your cookie sheet storage seems to store so much more than mine. I'm assuming it's 30" oven?

• mgmum
    6 years ago

Wow!! I would insert the smiley with heart eyes here, if I could. It's beautiful and functional. I also love your kitchenware with the words. And the "frame" around the island. What is that double scoop looking thing by the potato masher? It's just so light and airy! I bet you already forgot what your old one looked like!

• shayr
    6 years ago

Oh I just love your corner cabinets!! The backsplash is beautiful. I hope I can emulate a light, airy, fresh kitchen feel that you have done so well!! Congrats!

• MaWizz
    6 years ago

Wow so pretty smm! I've been waiting for your reveal. I knew you were getting close! So so pretty because of all the nice details. My favs are that walnut island and your sink! Your patience paid off! And I see you found a table :) Nice! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy :)

• barncatz
    6 years ago

I've been waiting for this too, and it's as serene and airy as I expected from seeing the bits and bobs you've posted before. (I have a Rae Dunn vase, that I tracked down on ebay, next to my kitchen sink so I love your display cupboard.) All your hard decisions paid off and the 'gaaah' moments are left behind. It's beautiful!

• friedajune
    6 years ago

I absolutely love love LOVE your kitchen. Congratulations! Not only is this beautiful today, but it is the kind of kitchen that in 20 years, will look as gorgeous. And hooray for horizontal outlets!

• artemis_ma
    6 years ago

Lovely! The drawer and cab organization is wonderful and useful, and I love your countertops!!!

• User
    6 years ago

Such great vision! And, this is a perfect case for making those corner pantry things illegal. The windows must just make you sing every time you walk in there. Well done.

• aprilneverends
    6 years ago

It's beautiful, all of it..tile, hood, walnut, everything..crystal knobs(at last! vive la différence)

so harmonious, so lovely

And my favorite part is-of course-that glass cabinet full of ceramics! Can't take my eyes of it..yes, I'm into ceramics..and I admire how you stick to monochome..I'm all over the place which makes me happy, but I feel so undisciplined at times..))

• WalnutCreek Zone 7b/8a
    6 years ago

Fantastic! I absolutely love it! Congratulations on a very well done job.

• ILoveRed
    6 years ago

Beautiful kitchen. Two questions.

-is that frig the 42" French door SZ?

- may I ask the length of the wall that has the frig, ovens, and to the corner?

thanks.

• emmie2
    6 years ago

Absolutely beautiful. Love how you pulled everything together. I have major backsplash envy

• dhanamasala
    6 years ago

Stunning!

• yeonassky
    6 years ago

Absolutely lovely! It looks like it will be a joy to create wonderful meals from. :)

Where did you get your inspiration from? A picture? I have trouble visualizing things. Maybe that's why I have an unfitted kitchen. :)

• zmith
    6 years ago

I, too, have been waiting for this reveal. It's so bright and airy, truly lovely. I love the round glass pulls. It certainly was worth the wait to see your reveal. Hopefully all the construction issues are behind you now, and you can enjoy this beautiful space with your family. I hope it functions just as you had planned. Peace and good wishes to you.

• smm5525
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. The details on lighting, pottery and backsplash are in the initial post.

Beachum: yes the ovens are 30" wide.

i loved red: yes it's the 42" french door subzero :)

mgmum: that's a spoon rest, lol!

yeonassky: my inspiration came from several pictures as well as help from all the kind people here. I'm an interior decorator so the overall look I had a vision for in my mind. I wanted something classic with a bit of vintage mixed in.

• smm5525
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Ob2b and Eam: thank you ladies so much! You helped tremendously on the backsplash, pantry, and countless other things I obsessed over! Also special thanks to buehl, mamagoose, jillius, cpartist, Stan and many many others for helping me see the light on the layout issues. Thanks to you all I have a much more functional kitchen that works well for us. The increased aisles make the kitchen flow so much better and helped so much with navigating around the "barrier" island!

• Chris
    6 years ago

so classic and beautiful - thanks for sharing with us!!

• Lisa
    6 years ago

Beautiful! Your hood wall with the windows and that backsplash turned out so nice.

• townlakecakes
    6 years ago

So good to see the final reveal! All of your little details are just beautiful! great job!

• smm5525
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I love red: the fridge wall is 133" not including the stub wall next to the fridge

• Cheryl Hewitt
    6 years ago

OMG, I've been waiting for this and then I miss it for four days! I so love your kitchen! I knew I was going to from the "bits and bobs" (barncatz) you've posted. But to see the whole kitchen in its entirety is really amazing. So much eye candy!

I adore your walnut countertop on your island, your appliance garage, the pantries, that adorable glass display cupboard, the accessories. You definitely have more restraint than I do with keeping things all cohesive in color tones. And also more restraint in the quantity of items in your drawers! I should take a page from your book. My chef's drawer is 22" wide and I cannot fit another item in it, because it's so jam-packed with every oil, vinegar, and sauce under the sun.

Those lighting fixtures are fantastic, as is your hydrangea Fireclay tile. I really like the mix of matte and gloss.

I love how light and airy it is and how serene it comes across. Beautiful job!

smm5525 thanked Cheryl Hewitt
  • smm5525
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Thanks Cheryl! My chefs drawer was actually jam packed too until I ran out of some oils (olive and vegetable) and my hubby got a new olive oil that is too tall for the drawer, lol! Everything is still in a bit of disarray because I was too busy trying to get my collection of the Rae Dunn pottery (it's a hunting game for sure!). Did you ever post your reveal?

• Cheryl Hewitt
    6 years ago

I haven't posted a reveal yet. We're waiting on a new front for our refrigerator drawer; it's the wrong height and doesn't match the drawers next to it. I want my niece to do a photoshoot, because she's a pro and I'm kind of at the opposite end of the skill spectrum. :) I thought I'd put in sweet drawer organizers like you did, but so far I'm still using plastic bins in the drawers. Still, getting antsy to get the reveal posted, so I can have all the boxes checked.

Your kitchen looks so tranquil that I imagine I'd find myself drinking tea if I were to spend too much time in there. LOL

smm5525 thanked Cheryl Hewitt
  • Annette Holbrook(z7a)
    6 years ago

So pretty and functional. Love every detail!

• mamiller1056
    6 years ago

Your kitchen is wonderful and so harmonious. Congratulations, and enjoy!

Can you please comment on your Subzero 42" FD fridge - your initial impressions so far, did you also look at Miele or Liebherr fridges, did you consider a 36" size, or any other advice for people who might be considering this fridge? There aren't that many 42" fridges to be found.

• smm5525
    Original Author
    6 years ago

We liked the config of the subzero 36" french door. I don't think Miele had a french door and we weren't even considering liehber. The change to 42" was a last minute change so I'm not sure what brands have the 42" in french door. We needed french door for space constraints.

we love the fridge. No issues except sometimes when I come down to the kitchen after everyone's asleep i can hear it humming. It's not really an issue though

• Dream
    6 years ago

Beautiful kitchen. Love the backsplash. Is the oven installed flushed?

smm5525 thanked Dream
  • smm5525
    Original Author
    6 years ago

No it's not flush

• Karen Eagle
    6 years ago

Everything looks terrific! Enjoy!!!

smm5525 thanked Karen Eagle
  • Brittany George
    6 years ago

Looks beautiful. Do you mind sharing the total cost of renovation?

smm5525 thanked Brittany George
  • smm5525
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Britttany, I have no idea! I purchased some materials separately, did other things throughout the home and had a couple subs I paid directly. so I don't have a bill all in one place.

• mama goose_gw zn6OH
    6 years ago

smm5525, I just found a link to your kitchen reveal--it is sooooo pretty, but I knew it would be. :) It's especially nice to see the finished kitchen when it's been a GW project. Love the windows on the cooktop wall, the pantry cabinets, and the dish hutch!

• kelleg69
    6 years ago

Beautiful kitchen. I love the backsplash and the cabinets. Great job. The overall look is very pretty.

• Esther Owner-Builder
    6 years ago

Your kitchen is absolutely beautiful, and extremely well thought out. I love all of your little extra touches -- they have been noticed!!! :)

smm5525 thanked Esther Owner-Builder
  • Dream
    6 years ago

Where did you get the big cutlery organizer? I need one for a 36" drawer.

• Karen Eagle
    6 years ago

dream, I don't remember which brand I used but here is a link drawer dividers

• smm5525
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Dream, our local cabinet maker ordered. I have no idea sorry

• M Sheps
    6 years ago

Wowzers.. just lovely! How do you like your cooktop? I ordered one for the first time and I'm nervous -- about that and every other decision I've made lol. You must be so pleased.

smm5525 thanked M Sheps
  • smm5525
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I love it. So easy to clean and it cooks fast and evenly!

• Rita / Bring Back Sophie 4 Real
    6 years ago

Gorgeous kitchen. I am so glad to see it again :-)

• marshallv73
    6 years ago

Smm5525

great looking kitchen. We are looking to remodel a kitchen with a similar floor plan. Can you share the overall width of the room?

thank you!

smm5525 thanked marshallv73
  • smm5525
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Hi Marshall, it's about 180" wide.

• M M
    6 years ago

So gorgeous and looks so much bigger than the Before!