Software
Houzz Logo Print
auntmoomoo

How did you stain it? Did you stain each brick before laying it? did you use several colors of stain? I love h

13 years ago
Memorial Residence · More Info

Comments (6)

  • 13 years ago
    Thank you! They sure did a nice job. I want to put this kind of thing in my screened porch. One other question... does the bees wax feel sticky or does it collect dirt?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    No, it does not and it requires very low upkeep. That said, I do not know how it would hold up outdoors. As I mentioned, I do not know the whole process they use. They melt the beeswax in a big pot over an open flame but I do not know what else is in the mix.
  • 13 years ago
    Thanks for all the info, Virginia. I just love it.
  • 7 years ago

    I have had brick floors in my kitchen for 42 years-love them! The bricks have never been stained & I have no idea what was used to seal them. The bricks need to be stripped, stained & resealed. Any suggestions on stripping, color of stain & how to seal them.

  • PRO
    7 years ago

    I am in Houston and my floor folks, QTS, have a secret formula which I know involves bee's wax but exactly how it is done is a mystery. They will not say. I do know it takes someone with experience.