Software
Houzz Logo Print
skycobra329

Cost for this exterior Reno (pics) PITTSBURGH

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago


How much do you think they paid to have this work done? Ok besides that what do you think it costs to build that walkout rooftop dormer deck?

Comments (19)

  • 9 years ago

    They ran out of money before they started as that design is pretty awful as well. Honestly king of looks like they thru s__t at the wall to see what would stick........

  • 9 years ago

    I would do anything for a garage but I won't do that.

  • 9 years ago

    Other than the poor window choice (Why rounded? Why so many different types of windows?) I think it's an improvement. Is there something else that you guys find offensive?

    And it obviously isn't done because there isn't a railing around the balcony and the trim around the (hopefully temporary) ugly man-door isn't completed.

  • 9 years ago

    Lol people on here never like anything

  • 9 years ago

    "Lol people on here never like anything"

    What is there to like about that facade?

  • 9 years ago

    Why rehab a house like that? The houses on both sides look like crap rentals (I can tell when you see decks on the 2nd and 3rd floor. The best thing to do is take your $100k and buy a better house somewhere else.

  • 9 years ago

    @millworkman I like how the whole front is pretty much all windows which gives u a great view of the city at all angles.. and those angled windows look contemporary

  • 9 years ago

    It probably IS really nice on the inside, although they sort of messed up the views somewhat by having faux divided lights on some of the windows (but oddly not all--maybe they haven't been installed yet?).


    What's the deal with the top floor? Looks like a kid messed up on the Lego spacing.


  • 9 years ago

    That's impressive to make a garage out of a old foundation

  • 9 years ago

    Yes, I like the garage a lot.

  • 9 years ago

    The mismatched windows REALLY bother me.

    Even the second floor, which looked like the windows were all the same (on that level) in your original photo, I can now see that the middle two are different than the outer ones.

    The rounded windows on the bottom floor are a different shape than the rounded windows on the top floor. (And I think the rounded windows look odd anyways).

    The middle window on the bottom floor is different than the ones beside them.

    Did the contractor pick the windows up from an odds and ends store?

    Other than that, I like the copper awning and the wood siding. And the garage door looks good too.

    If this house is actually for sale, then I'm guessing they really did run out of money and need to sell fast, since it obviously isn't completed.

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    They want $400k for that house!! In Pittsburgh!! Yikes! Allegheny County is one of the top ten counties in the US for population loss.

    I looked at the MLS photos - they have 3 monstrous decks behind the home, with an insane stairway. I can't imagine the cost and labor to upkeep those decks. Looks like they may be pine.

    Houses in the neighbor hood sell for around $175K.

    Here in Minneapolis, a builder did a similar thing. He way over built, and it took about 3 years to sell the home.

    Do you 'dig' that ramp :)

  • 9 years ago

    I thoought the mismatech sightlines and types of windows looked bad on the exterior but they actually look worse on the inertior. The "radius" head units are a casement profile, next to double hungs of varying heights. And as Joe pointed out, the box store special 6 panel entrance door. And as geoffrey pointed out, wtf with the decks and ramps? I stick by my orginal awful opinion.........

  • 9 years ago

    It looks like they converted the entire back yard to decks. Can you imagine the upkeep? Looks like pine - how long will that last?

  • 9 years ago

    I don't really get what's going on with those decks. The backyard is seriously sloped. Is the wood actually sitting on the ground? There are planters and bushes coming up in sections. And the corrugated metal looks like it's holding back dirt.

  • 9 years ago

    I think the Pittsburgh economy has been improving slowly, but probably not enough to sell a house for this much unless it's in a really good neighborhood...


    I really don't know what to make of that deck... I would have put it on the existing roof, but I guess the view wasn't good enough for the developers... I assume they built it that far back to take advantage of both the view and the little bit of soil on that steep slope, but even an elevator to a deck would have been better. :)

  • 9 years ago

    What's with the two doors on a corner in the basement going to the same closet?