Software
Houzz Logo Print
annsl

Thoughts on this acrylic chair?

9 years ago
I bought this yesterday - not sure if it adds a twist or not?

Comments (25)

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    I dont think it fits in your space.

  • 9 years ago

    I'm on the fence... at least it's the same shape as your chair. The striped pillows in some way are too traditional, too patterned maybe... try without?

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Fun chair but does not go - perhaps you could use it in a bedroom or at a desk?


  • 9 years ago

    OK! Thank you! I will use it at a desk in our master.

  • 9 years ago

    annsl, sounds like you've decided.... one more thought?: that the tall unit behind it, if you've considered a change to another room, might help it 'fit'... :)

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    I'm not a designer, but if you wanted this type of mirror behind plastic chair [I took the idea from your other mirror] - just one I guess. Better to hang without space between so it looks like one, and wider.... :)

    GwG Outlet Metal Mirror Wall Decor 2 Assorted 12 W, 35 H · More Info

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    It's a cool idea that almost works but the chair is just too modern for your room. Nothing else in the room echoes the chair's style.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Great chair, but just doesn't seem to work here.

    Azalea Cottage - Living Room · More Info


    Lakeshore Inspired · More Info

  • 9 years ago

    Absolutely not.

  • 9 years ago

    It's plastic. I don't care how much it (nor the very pricy originals) cost--it's just a plastic chair to me.

  • 9 years ago
    I love the Ghost chair, but you'd be better to match the one you already have. Lower the art, and introduce a more substantial lamp (either table or floor).
  • PRO
    9 years ago

  • 9 years ago


    Dining | Product Categories | Made Goods · More Info

  • 9 years ago
    Thanks everyone! Chair will go to another room.
  • 9 years ago

    annsl -- you 'liked' both the last chairs posted -- what do you think? if you happened upon them, to buy? ;-)

  • 9 years ago

    It matches the shape of the traditional shape SO well! I always like what no one else does......! And the last two suggestions even more. lol

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    This is a Louis ghost chair out a replica. I adore then but you must have 2 of them so it doesn't soar to be an afterthought or an orphan. Consider replacing the chair opposite it with another and lose the pillow. They don't take up space visually so your room appears larger and you have extra seating when needed.
    annsl thanked Mint Design and Development LLC
  • PRO
    9 years ago
    pardon typos....my Swype key hates me and phone all isn't allowing corrections
  • 9 years ago

    Everdebz- I do like those! I think it's similar idea with a twist. Would one like that work better?

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    I prefer the original clear one because it is invisible the room appears larger

  • 9 years ago

    See pro's photo with chair and chandelier? that was my direction: to include a 'clear'-mirror-type item like the mirrors [my post earlier]....

    clear chair imo would seem to need a few changes [as I said: traditional striped pillow].... maybe you've had them a long time?

  • 9 years ago

    ProMint might have help -- her photo also shows simple look -- your 'things' couldn't be 'way traditional'...?

  • 9 years ago

    Your corals - they have white background and are shapes that don't 'fight' clear chair you think?....

  • 9 years ago

    .... here I go, trying -- patterns are what? dotted -- and not fussy paisley, etc.. so that's not bad for clear chair...