Software
Houzz Logo Print
alexandra_florescu

What curtains should I choose?

9 years ago
What color curtains would go best with this living room? And what kind of material/pattern? Should they be sheer?

Comments (15)

  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    The room still needs a few things like wall art and a chair but I feel like I want to do the curtains first since they're such a big part of the room. The side table legs and the sofa's legs are a brushed gold color and I was also thinking about getting a golden lamp to go with them. Any ideas are welcomed. I also wouldn't mind wall color ideas since I am not set on that one. Thanks !

  • 9 years ago
    Another view
  • 9 years ago

    White, grey, other green or blue


    Alexandra Eubank thanked radhannoo
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Californian Bungalow · More Info

    Lovely! I would pull the sofa and the lamp table off of the wall a bit so it looks more relaxed. Dark roller blinds would be gorgeous.

    Alexandra Eubank thanked User
  • 9 years ago

    You have an eclectic look here. Curtains should be unobtrusive and dog-friendly washable. Try white sheers with some slubbing, maybe a seeded voile, that won't show snags.

    Alexandra Eubank thanked apple_pie_order
  • 9 years ago
    I'd do wall to wall, floor to ceiling drapes in a color similar to whatever wall color you choose. The room looks a little small, so the drapes would become part of the background, allowing you to use other things (artwork, furniture) for impact.
    Alexandra Eubank thanked Deb D
  • 9 years ago

    I agree with Maureen.... either a tradition roman or relaxed roman given you have an eclectic room. Something simple in a linen look.

    relaxed roman shade


    Tulip roman shade


    a unique take on traditional roman shade


    The window examples are so you can see a different option...

    you could use any fabric..I think something simple print or plain depending

    on what color your walls will be if you change them. Also, dog friendly :)

    Alexandra Eubank thanked Porter Edun
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    In regards to a chair in the corner or even two facing your couch - a Barcelona in a cognac color I think would compliment your room and tie in your rug. To bring in more brass, consider a brass floor lamp. You'll be heading towards an eclectic room if that's the look you're wanting to achieve - interesting and unique.

    Alexandra Eubank thanked Maureen
  • 9 years ago

    I love the idea of the chair and color. Initially that is what I wanted. Unfortunately my cat is absolutely terrible with leather and claws it on sight... I love leather furniture but I had to adjust. Do you think fabric in a similar color will go ok? I was also thinking of mixing the motif of the room and add this chair? I am probably going to do the sheer roman shades and I saw some that I love at Restoration Hardware that are like the first ones in the pictures posted by Porter Edun.

    Thanks a lot for all your comments and suggestions !

  • 9 years ago
    Roman shades would look good, and take up less visual space.
    Alexandra Eubank thanked hummingalong2
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Glad you are going with the roman blinds. I have two cats and they love every surface, wallpaper included! It's hard to judge the chair though...it feels a bit bulky and a bit too rustic? RH has another one that you may like...less visually overwhelming but different as well. It's also much less expensive - lol. It comes in a fog color that may suit your wall color. It has a French flair which makes for an interesting combination, like a Paris apartment. https://www.restorationhardware.com/catalog/product/product.jsp?productId=prod80186&categoryId=cat10210007


  • 9 years ago
    I love your room! Post an update when you're done!
    Alexandra Eubank thanked hemina
  • 9 years ago
    Maureen you totally get me LOL. I looked at that chair, was ready to buy then I had second thoughts that it wasn't 'impressive' enough. I absolutely love the chair though. It does go better with everything else. Will post update ! Thanks again !
  • 9 years ago

    It will look great. I think the largest impact you will get in your room will be some large modern artwork with a thin brass frame over your couch. I'm jealous.

    Alexandra Eubank thanked Maureen