Software
Houzz Logo Print
pk7570

Which pillow ?!?!?!

9 years ago
Please help which pillow looks best in the room and with patterned pillow the furniture /decor... is it the ivory or the powder blue? Please help! Also let me know how you think I did with the decor as I'm new to this!

Comments (22)

  • 9 years ago

    the blue. looks nice!

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Neither. Keep your rug in mind.


    etsy.com

  • 9 years ago
    So what do you recommend then?
  • 9 years ago
    Thanks Beth ... what about the side chair should I do a light yellow? I don't like yellow but that's our rug I was trying to brighten the room
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago


    Judy has a point about that rug. why not pick out the yellow in the little flowers for the accent instead of the blue?

  • 9 years ago
    So something like this or a blue and light pale yellow pattern for the side chair? I'm having a really hard time finding good pillows so any thing is appreciated
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    too gold

    celery girl,,,,I bow to your photoshop! But your choices are too greenish yellow

  • 9 years ago
    Ok if you have some simple classy suggestions I'm open! Just to clarify hat would be for the side chairs right? Should I leave the blue with the patterned on he sofa?
  • 9 years ago

    no. if staying w/the yellow in the rug,,, then pick yellow/gray/white-ish tones in the pillow. where did blue even come from?

  • PRO
    9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Also, incorporate the color of the sofa…as above in my post.

  • 9 years ago
    The blue was just me trying to match on my own our kitchen backsplash is blue across is room so was trying to tie it in? Should I keep the cream then for the arm chairs and get pale yellow for the pillow next to the gray silk patterned ones? Are those ok?
  • 9 years ago
    Omg I love the gray with he yellow flower that is adorable and very stylish!! Ya I'm not a fan of the rug but my hubby wanted it so I compromised but now trying to figure out how to tie it all together it's come down to pillows and end tables being the biggest pain point
  • 9 years ago

    I seem to be in the mood these days for pillows that scream color, so I would do velvet or suede or silk in yellow tones to relate to the rug and also magenta or pink geranium color. Do you have any art work in the room that is very very very big? That could give you color cues too.

    Lots of blue

    Coastal Living Magazine Showhouse · More Info

    Lots of medium blue

    Old Greenwich Beach Family Room · More Info

    Bright yellow and blue

    Millneck Showhouse · More Info

    Orange but just showing a vivid color,could be any color

    Venice Island Mid-Century Modern · More Info

    Yellow and black

    Retro Beach House in Alys Beach, Florida · More Info

    Blue and green, bright

    Peninsula Point Residence · More Info
    All same vivid blue but lots of different patterns.
    Woolloowin Residence · More Info

    There are sooooo many pics on Houzz!

  • 9 years ago

    I really like your rug a lot. I do. It's different from what you always see. I'm also pretty sick of the ubiquitous blue accents. There are just SO many other colors!

    I think the pillow cover was around $35. Tons of choices on Etsy and indie made which is cool.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    The rug drives the bus:

  • 9 years ago

    The room looks very relaxing and tranquil! I think both of the colors look nice, but those dark buttons have to go!!! They are like a poke in the eye, sticking out uncomfortably from the softness of everything else. The flowers are especially lovely!

  • 9 years ago

    This yellow gold chenille pillow from Pier 1 looks like it could be a good match to your rug.

  • PRO
    9 years ago

    Yep, guys! I agree...not right yellow. Now I redid it

  • 9 years ago
    I agree with others in terms of picking pillows that highlight the yellow/mustard in the rug. Neither of the ones that you initially chose tie in the rug in anyway. Also when looking at pillows, get pillow covers that you can put down inserts in or pillows that already are down as the ones you've chosen looks stiff and not inviting. Fabric stores typically sell down pillow inserts in a variety of sizes and they are very moderately priced. The look and the comfort that they offer are well worth it. Etsy does have some great sellers of pillow covers or find the right fabric at the fabric store and often they can recommend someone who can stitch them for you.
  • 9 years ago
    A few that would look nice and add some color