Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
grammyp_gw

Wandering Stitchers Retreat reservations.

grammyp
6 years ago

Our retreat is scheduled at Holston retreat center for Wed Oct 11 thru Sun 15 this year. We can arrive after lunch on Wed, and must be out by 10 On Sunday again. I need to send the second payment to them in July, so I am accepting $50 deposits if you know you will be coming. We pay by the room, so if you share a room, you share the cost. Last year they were $78/night and hopefully there will be no change due to the re-model. As of now we are planning to do our own cooking again. With the improved kitchen it should be even easier. If you need my address or have any questions please feel free to send me an e-mail.

Comments (26)

• jackier123
    6 years ago

I will get mine in the mail tomorrow. I wish it was happening sooner. :)

• polardream
    6 years ago

I will mail mine tomorrow, also!

• polardream
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

bump - If you have never come to the retreat, you should!! It is a great time - sewing, playing games, getting to know other quilters on the forum, eating good food, snacks, laughing - sewing!!!

I just booked my airline ticket this morning ... can't wait!

• littlehelen_gw
    6 years ago

I'm thinking about it, but it all depends if I retire. Also, it's a longer drive and I'd be doing it on my own. I expect to decide by month end July, if it hasn't filled up by then.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    6 years ago

There are lots of rooms, hope you can make it.

• trouzernc
    6 years ago

I'm on the same a similar retirement schedule, Valerie! The date in my sights is perhaps late October. But I already have the retreat on the vacation schedule so that is fixed. I so hope you will be able to come to NC in October!

• sandlapper_rose
    6 years ago

I'm checking to see if I'm free at that time. Will be back in touch and I would love to attend again! I miss seeing everyone.

Jeanne

• grammyp
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

We would love to have you Jeanne. Hope you can make it.

• sandlapper_rose
    6 years ago

I looked and that weekend is free, but I just started quilting again and my arthritis is really bad for some reason when I quilt. Not sure I can handle it. Anyway, what I'm working on now (baby quilt for my younger granddaughter who is already 7 months old - bad grandma not to have made one yet!) and a top for a Quilt of Valor should give me a good indication of whether I can handle that. I keep trying to stretch and take breaks, but not sure at this point that I can handle lots of quilting packed into several days and the drive up there and back. I'll see how I do over the next few days and let you know.

I would love to be there and see everyone.

Jeanne

• grammyp
    Original Author
    6 years ago

We would love to have you. You can sew as much or as little as you like. There are 2 steps to get in the building, then everything is level. We cook our own meals in the kitchen, so there is no need to go anywhere if you don't want to. There is even a screened "rocking" porch.

Guenther Lodge

• sandlapper_rose
    6 years ago

Thanks for the information. It looks so nice. I'm still trying to decide if I can handle it. When is the absolute deadline for me to decide?

I finished piecing my Quilt of Valor top and it has been passed along. It goes to someone else for long arm quilting and the binding, label, etc. The off white stars are the same size even though it doesn't look like it in the picture. I'm still working on the quilt for my baby granddaughter. Just couldn't manage to complete both in such a short time.

Jeanne

• grammyp
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Jeanne, you can just show up on Wed and we will pay for your room. Reservations are only necessary so I can give them an estimate. We do have to be out before 10 on Sunday because there is a group coming in that afternoon.

• jackier123
    6 years ago

Jeanne that QOV is stunning! Hope you do get to make it to retreat.

• sandlapper_rose
    6 years ago

Sounds good that I have a bit longer to decide. I hope... hope... hope I can make it.

• littlehelen_gw
    6 years ago

I won't be attending this year. On Friday I made an appointment with the city retirement office, only to have on of my staff tender their resignation two hours later. While I'm not married to this job, i can't leave the operation without support. So it looks like retirememt is delayed. Maybe next year.... I'll try to put the bug in Kate's ear for 2018 as well!

• jackier123
    6 years ago

boo :(

• grammyp
    Original Author
    6 years ago

If she retires there will be no excuses for next year.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Gin, we would love to have you and you can bring anything you want to work on. I have worked on some of our old signature blocks from YEARS ago.

• gininmn
    6 years ago

As I was looking for the fabrics for this little wallhanging, I took a nostalgic look through the signature blocks hosted by Lisa K. Love each person's color selection. Glassquilt and I had each selected teal as our color (posts overlapped) but not a problem as they look quite different.

Have fabrics for borders too but don't may want different ones.

• jackier123
    6 years ago

Are we there yet?

• grammyp
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Don't I wish. So far we have me, Jackie, Sue, Teresa, and Linda. Hopefully Jen, Jeanne, and Gin. We have lots of rooms, ladies.

• polardream
    6 years ago

Have you heard if the room price is the same??

• grammyp
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Yes, rooms are $78 per night, we have 4 nights, so total of $312.

• gininmn
    6 years ago

Only a month away now and 3 months since my knee replacement. I'd hoped rehab would be further along but guess I just have a very active inflammatory system. Still struggling with swelling in knee and ankle making bending and walking gait not great, despite pt and exercises on own and even some elevation/icing on occasion. A 6-day treatment with methyl prednisolone last week worked well but don't know how long it'll last (lowest dosage usually prescribed). All this is to say that I don't feel confident enough that I'll be ready to travel to the retreat this year. Likely will be having second knee replaced in a few months. Hope that I'll be able to come next year. Looking forward to photos and reading about this year's fun.

• grammyp
    Original Author
    6 years ago

I'm sorry you won't make it this year, Gin. Perhaps next year you will be all healed up and can come. We will post pictures for you.

Sponsored
CHC & Family Developments
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, Ohio