Software
Houzz Logo Print
dajac240

Double Oven Question

13 years ago
We are replacing the standard fridge with a larger one. Therefore, we have to move the double oven to another place in the kitchen. Wondering if we even need to have a double oven - why can't I just buy a high-end range with oven below it?

Comments (9)

  • 13 years ago
    Take a look at the GE Cafe series. It's a high end range with a full size oven and a second slide out/drawer type oven below it. Great for an additional casserole, etc..
  • 13 years ago
    Two questions: Do you cook holiday dinners for a large family? Do you entertain often? If the answers to both of these questions is "no," then you don't need two ovens. If the answer to one of these questions is "yes," then maybe one of the newer ranges with double ovens is your ticket.
  • 13 years ago
    The only advantage that I can see to having a wall oven is that I am getting older, LOL, and bending over is getting harder to do!
  • 13 years ago
    I am redoing my kitchen, and after years of spouting the reasons for a freestanding range-am swapping to a double oven. Why- getting older, the floor seems further down than it used to be, its far easier to see into them, safer work height when putting things in/out.....and the space underneath is perfect for the pots and pans. And why double, not just single? ovens seem to be getting smaller than they used to be-many are not much bigger inside than the biscuit trays!! so if cooking the big roast dinner, and cake for dessert, etc, they are just not big enough. But I do DO a lot of baking, casseroles etc- my oven gets used probably 3 x week, minimum.
  • 13 years ago
    Last year I replaced my old electric stove with a GE (not the Cafe series) dual fuel (gas cook top and electric oven) stove with supplemental cooking tray beneath. It is a basic 30 inch width. The interior of the oven is huge with three cooking racks, and as yet I have not needed the bottom tray. I think improved insulation materials are allowing for greater capacity. Keep looking.
  • 13 years ago
    We've been going through the same dilemma. We cook a lot and have a family of 5. We've decided a single oven, a warming drawer and a thermomix is the solution. We have a webber to cope with the Christmas ham.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    We have a double oven with convection range and we love it! The small upper oven preheats in four minutes. The only thing I wish we would have done differently is purchase one with the controls on the cooktop. They look much better than the controls on the panel near the back wall.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You can get a single wall oven or a micro/oven combo.....so many choices. I love a wall oven- no spills down the sides of a range, not bending over to pull a turkey out of the oven, easier to clean etc etc. Also, love the storage below the oven for my large cookie sheets and roaster.