Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cathy_kaufell

A sad little Dachshund

Cathy Kaufell
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

Hilda has been under the weather for the past two weeks. Seems that somehow she hurt her back. She’s not allowed to run in the garden or go on her long walks with my husband. She’s is much better today and maybe she will be allowed to run and jump again. I'd love to see pics of other garden buddies

Comments (11)

• Villain Rose (Zone 11 Qld Australia.)
    6 years ago

My boy, Villain. Who is a Jack Russell cross street dog. He is 7 years old.

He loves to pinch my empty pots and chew them up. Has a sore leg at the moment and is not allowed to run and jump either, till he gets a bit better. He also has alot of allergies. He sends Hilda his best wishes and hopes she will get better soon.

Cathy Kaufell thanked Villain Rose (Zone 11 Qld Australia.)
  • alameda/zone 8/East Texas
    6 years ago

I ran across this post getting ideas for my new cottage garden. I just adore Villan! Here is my darling Fruitycake [Fruity]. She is now 14 and she and her mother Cupcake are the loves of my life! She also is part Jack Russell [and Shitzu, Lahssa Apso and Chihuahua] She is so funny and entertaining! When I saw your picture of Villan, I thought how much they favor! Would love to see more photos of him if you have any.......he is adorable!!!

Judith

6 years ago

Aww Judith she's so cute. When I saw this I just had to reply.

He's such a good boy too and also the love of my life as well. We don't know what he is crossed with, but his mother is a rough coat jack Russell. She is also brown and white like your Fruity. Unfortunately Villain is allergic to a lot of food, so we have to be very selective with his diet. He has also lost a front tooth recently and has just turned 8 years old.

Fruity is just gorgeous! Thanks for posting!

P.S. Cathy I am hoping your Hilda has recovered well!

• mnwsgal
    6 years ago

I do not have a dog of my own but enjoy my friend’s small dog, also a Jack Russell. Hoping Hilda has recovered and is back to romping in her yard.

6 years ago

I swear - Villian and Fruity almost look like twins! Fruity lost all her bottom teeth - had her teeth cleaned a year or so ago.....had no idea they were bad. She has recovered and can eat anything that doesn't eat her first! Here is her mother Cupcake. Her daddy was Pattycake, a friend's dog that I adored, he was part Jack Russell, shitzu, lassa apso......her mother was a black Chihuahua. She is now 15, a bit older than this photo. She and Fruity are my children [no disrespect to my son!!] How I wish I could have bred her to Villain! What puppies those would have been!!

Judith

6 years ago

Aww, thanks Judith for reposting.

I really like Cupcake too! Love her fluffy neck and her dark eyes. They both look like real sweeties and I am sure they are very loved.

Villain is allergic to beef, chicken, rice, eggs, yeast and a lot of other things, like grasses, weeds etc. The vet calls him a very special little boy! We had an allergy test done when he was about 4 years old due to ongoing problems. I have put him on a kangaroo diet, and also feed him lamb bones and it agrees with him. He also went through a year of desensitization injections.

Villain looks a bit bigger than them, he weighs in at 11.6kgs. Yes, I agree that they would've made lovely puppy's, but they are all too old now, and Villain is desexed. We can dream about it though, can't we!

Thanks again for posting Judith. I really enjoyed your photos and your posts.

Kind Regards.

6 years ago

You are so welcome! So sorry to hear about Villain's problems, but so glad you have found a solution. Cupcake weighs about 11-12 lbs. and Fruity the fatty fluctuates between 13 and sometimes 15, but I have her down to about 14 now. Both are fixed - females can get an endometritis like problem in their uterus - can lead to fatal results if not taken care of, so now spay all my females if they are not having puppies. As they age, [14 and 15] they are having some minor problems, but that's to be expected. I will be 70 next month and am not getting any more dogs as I don't want them to outlive me [although I plan to make it to 100, ha ha!] so want to keep my angels around as long as I can. I really enjoyed seeing those photos of Villain as he looks so much like my darling Fruity! Hope he thrives and lives a long time for you! He is just adorable!!!

Judith

6 years ago

Thank you so much for replying,

I had to google pounds to kilos and they are half his size. Villains mother and little brother live next door to me, and he still sees them and plays with them every couple of weeks. He is the biggest out of the 3. His little brother is the smallest as he was the runt of the litter. Next time they come over, I will take a photo of them and post for you.

It is a shame that you are not going to get any more dogs, as I can see these two are very loved and looked after, but I can understand your thinking. I am hoping your two beautiful babies live for a long time, so you can enjoy them for as long as possible.

I probably won't get another dog after Villain either, as I simply can't replace him. I trained him very well when he was a puppy and he is a clever little boy. I am a bit younger than you though, will be 53 this year.

I just love this forum and as a fairly new member, I am just in awe that I am messaging you, and you are a half a world away from me!

Thank you so much for your posts. I have really enjoyed them, and will post some more photos of Villains doggy family in a couple of weeks for you.

Kind Regards

P.S. Sorry Cathy to take over your thread, but I really hope Hilda is doing well now.

• nancyjane_gardener
    5 years ago

Awwww. Thanks for all the pics! I lost my 17 YO Chihuahua about a year ago. I'm on a facebook thing that has several dogs per month up for adoption!

I thought about fostering, but I would fall in love with each and every one!

Need to do a retirement trip first before I get a new love! Nancy

5 years ago

Aww Judith, Nancy and Cathy,

Just thought I would post a few more, I know it's been awhile, but just thought I would add to this thread.

This is Villains mum. She is now about 9 years old. Looks very much like your Fruity. She is a rough coat Jack Russell.

This is Villains little brother. (Same Litter) Both these dogs belong to my neighbour, and they live together. Villain's mum and little brother are smaller than my Villain. His little brother is the smallest, and is probably about the size of your Fruity, Judith.

Sorry Cathy to take over your thread, I really am hoping Hilda is doing well now!!

Sponsored
Landscape Management Group
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
High Quality Landscaping Services in Columbus