Software
Houzz Logo Print
edubya

Houzz TV Wants to Feature Your Inspirational Story

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago


We’re looking for beautiful transformations that also have an inspirational personal story to go with it. Tell us why your remodeling or design project is so meaningful, why your story is inspirational and how you’re using Houzz to make it happen.


We’re looking for projects that are in process or about to start and will benefit from the help of Houzz design professionals and products from our marketplace.


Got a friend with a great story that you'd like to surprise with some help from Houzz? Let us know.


Please include the following with your submission:

  • city and state
  • before/progress pictures
  • contact information

Post here and send your submission directly to casting@houzz.com

Comments (21)

  • 9 years ago

    This all looks so wonderful and I have always dreamed of doing all kinds of things to my home. I've lived here sence 73' my husband passed away very suddenly when he was only 57 I am now 69 and still can't afford to do all I've ever wanted to do guess i never well. But I can dream about it and I think about it all the time but there is just no possible way ever so I figured as long as I have the house that's a lot more than a lot of poor soles have.

    Anyway what I have always wanted was to make my garage into another big living space and have a car port attached for the cars. Then a patio added onto the back of the house wit an outdoor kitchen. With the yard landscaped with beautiful foliage. I need to get somemore closet space in my home dispertley, need to up date kitchen, just so much to do and it just well not ever happen. But that we'll be ok there's just no way unless in win the lottery and I don't play cause can't afford to.

    Well ya'll have a good life and enjoy what God has giving you. God is Great and loves us all. Bye for now. Thank you for reading.

  • 9 years ago

    Must the home be in the US?

  • 9 years ago

    My husband, teen daughter, and I built our dream home in Cherry Hills Village, CO. Just after we began, my husband, Steve, was diagnosed with two very rare blood cancers due to Agent Orange exposure in Vietnam. Due to his illness and losing his income, we were forced to sell our beautiful home and move into a rental. Two and a half years later, we have downsized and purchased a patio home on an open space with the beautiful mountain views Steve has always wanted. Built in 1989, it hadn't been touched. We are in the process of redesigning nearly everything.

  • 9 years ago

    I could sure use you guys! My home suffered a devastating flood this year and as I'm a bit disabled it is all overwhelming for me. Help! I sent a submission....

  • 9 years ago

    I am a now single woman (with 3 sons and there is more) from upstate NY and I relocated to Greenville, NC. I found myself in a position to buy a house that was cutting edge rehab from the 80's but it was a project that allowed me to problem solve and work with a very very low budget. I documented everything on my website as family and friends were always asking me what I was doing over the weekend and on week nights. I side-stepped my project briefly to renovate my sisters Siberian bathroom which was a great learning curve for me like plumbing, and flooring (tiling actually). Back home I continued with my newly acquired knowledge and proceeded to tear out and or re-purpose. You name it it had to be done and since the budget was as tight as ever not allowing for designers, labor, etc. I consulted Houzz many times for ideas, color and design and of course that included my garden as well. I will send the link to my website. But eventually, that is a few month ago I sold my made-over house and bought another one, where I have started to make over the front and back yard. I have some fancy ideas for the inside and so another work in progress begins.

  • 9 years ago

    Need door nobbs

  • 9 years ago

    Sorely in need of new patio for granddaughter, 18, who became ill at 16 and can no longer use backyard with wheelchair due to levels amd broken concrete.


  • 9 years ago

    Almost 5 years after Hurricane Sandy, we are finally able to go back home. I live in Toms River, NJ. We're 10 minutes from what locals call "ground zero" for Sandy (Ortley Beach, Seaside Heights). The process has been difficult, stressful and extremely frustrating to say the least. The toll it has taken on my family has been tremendous but we're thrilled to be in our home again. Everyone is telling me the fun now begins with decorating... Not for me! I am exhausted from getting to this point. The thought of furniture shopping, decorating, picking fabrics, blinds, etc. has me up all night stressed out. I am overwhelmed! Any help, idea's would be a blessing.


  • 9 years ago

    What a project! I have to give you a lot of credit for seeing it all the way through!! I mentioned a website on my first post here is the link http://www.diyprojectnest.com/. 

  • 9 years ago

    My husband and I recently sold a home in Mandeville Louisiana that had been completely renovated and updated. The purpose was to buy a property that could be multigenerational. We found and purchased the above house that is in dire need of renovation & have been living in a camper for the past six weeks so that our elderly parents, daughter and grandson can all come live with us. It's a beautiful property on six acres in a small town across Lake Pontchartrain from New Orleans, Louisiana, called Lacombe. The house is approx 4500 square feet with 3 separate living areas. I'm a nurse at a local hospital, and my husband owns an auto body shop. We've installed the sewer, and now we have electricians helping us. Our friends have been trying to help us get this done, but we could really use more help. My parents live in a two story home in NO, and my mother has fallen twice recently. We've got to get they're area renovated as fast as we can so that we might avoid a true tregedy. We would be unbelievable appreciative and extremely honored if Houzz would consider helping us.

    Very Sincerely,

    Jennifer Vitagliano

    61412 Anchorage Dr

    Lacombe, La

    70445

  • 9 years ago

    A friend suggested I include before and after photos to go along with my write-up on the schoolhouse, so here are a few exterior shots.







  • 9 years ago

    Beautiful!

  • 9 years ago

    Oh my! I wish there were inside pictures, it's beautiful!!

  • 9 years ago

    Beanie, please share more pics, inside and out. Perhaps on a new thread. Your place is wonderful!!!

  • 9 years ago

    I sit on Houzz all day, offering advice to homeowners. Yet, living in California, I will never be able to actually afford a house. Poor me.

  • 9 years ago

    Jen, Nancy, Lynn... sorry for the delay in responding. I appreciate your kind comments. Here are a few before photos of the, er, kitchen and bathroom; the mantra "what was she thinking?" keeps going through my head. Next, a few recent interior photos -- basically open plan living room/dining area/kitchen with a tiny bedroom and bathroom. There's a two-room addition off the back, and one room is used as the main entrance (visible in one of the photos above), since the schoolhouse door leads right into the main living space. Also, a staircase up to the former attic, with a balcony overlook, a small bedroom, unfinished bathroom, and utility room.





  • 9 years ago

    Hi Houzz!


    You've been saving me professionally for years - helping me find contractors, designers and vendors across the country for a slew of home renovation shows that I produce.


    Now I'm in the midst of my biggest project yet - my first houzz! It's a nearly 100-year-old home in Oak Park, IL, just outside of Chicago. Trust me, it took a lot of convincing to get me to leave the city, but this house is worth it!


    A turn key dream home was never in the cards for us. My husband is a Landscape Architect and I've developed an appreciation for design over the years, so when it was time to find our house, the more the house needed us, the more we needed the house. Aka - bring on the ugly, poorly planned, never-updated house!


    We've owned our new home for 3 weeks and have been going full speed ahead - new roof, refinishing flooring throughout, removing decades of wallpaper, installing all new HVAC...etc. The list goes on forever. We've never hustled so hard to make a project work.


    Our original plan was to do the project in phases, but with a 4-year-old and a 4-month-old we're realizing that living in dust just isn't an option. We've been able to stretch our budget and use our resources to get pretty far... but we're at a standstill with the Master Bathroom. It's original and it's small and has TONS of potential to be opened up into a great space. We even locked in the design after I posted to the Houzz Design Dilemmas and got some great feedback.


    On one hand, we're already breaking down walls and have all of the right people in the house to get the job done, so we want to go for it. On the other hand, our budget is so tight at this point, we're not sure we can afford the fixtures and tile and fun things that would go into the bathroom and make it ours.


    We're really hoping our Ideabook can become our reality - but we need help!

    Rachel Fobes

    (contact information is in email I sent to casting)

    443 Lenox - our "Reach school" - the Master Bathroom · More Info

    443 Lenox - our "Reach school" - the Master Bathroom · More Info

    443 Lenox - our "Reach school" - the Master Bathroom · More Info

    443 Lenox - our "Reach school" - the Master Bathroom · More Info



  • 8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

    We did a total interior remodel of a brick cottage that was purchased as a foreclosure for 32,00. In Akron Ohio..just a few of the pictures...all done by a company.(beckybty@neo.rr.com)



  • 8 years ago

    We bought a bed and breakfast that needed a LOT of love. The first week we moved in, we had a crew rebuilding the front porch, a crew building a koi pond (for our dozen mature koi), and another crew fixing the river running through the basement. Replaced the oil tank, kitchen, personal bathroom and all the windows all in the first year.

    We are in our fourth year now and currently updating 3 bathrooms. Place is starting to look pretty good!

  • 4 years ago

    Built my dream home and got all my ideas from Houzz . Couldn’t of done it without your site !!😃