Software
Houzz Logo Print
deb52899

Holy crap Miele ligi is expensive!

9 years ago
last modified: 9 years ago

I bought a SQ electronic front loader set in September 2015. We put an offer in on another house today and they're not leaving the washer/dryer. So, I can take my SQ with me, or sell it with my house and buy new. I love my SQ, but the heater in the Miele sounded great to me. Over $7000 for the washer/dryer set. Holy crap! I can't afford that! I had no idea they cost that much money. Is that what everyone here (who has one) paid? My plan now is to take my SQ with me :0

Comments (10)

  • 9 years ago

    Miele dealers are not authorized to discount, so if they were bought new, that's [more or less] what people here paid. I snagged mine from a developer in New York who installed it in a new home but the owners rejected it. I bought it still under warranty from the developer at a substantial discount, but unused.

    LiGi is expensive, yes. Are you not interested in the W30xx series?

  • 9 years ago

    I’m not familiar with anything other than ligi. Is w30xx series better than my SQ?

  • 9 years ago

    The Little Giants used to be strictly commercial. They only recently started allowing residential consumers to purchase. The "normal" residential sets are the W30xx series. That runs about $4k for the pair, I believe.

    Debbi Branka thanked theclose
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    Miele 30 series is an excellent machine with heater. There is Elux and Bosch as well, also with heaters. The difference between the LiGi and the 30xx series is the power of the heater and range of cycles. LiGi would be optimal. But I loved my 3035.

    Debbi Branka thanked rococogurl
  • 9 years ago

    I have the older 1986 model and I bought it alone and paired it with my existing dryer. I figured a dryer is a dryer, but the washer and it's functions and operation was more important. Maybe buy the washer and use your existing dryer. At the end of the day the two of them really don't have to match

  • 9 years ago

    If you check out the dealers, it is sometimes possible to find the floor models for about half price. Miele will also have new LiGi models coming in a few months, so there maybe more floor models available then.


    Debbi Branka thanked akrogirl32
  • 9 years ago

    No new LiGi models. Model number change, from PW6065 to PW6068. The only change- spin speed is 1400rpm only in Cottons Universal and Hygiene cycles.

    The new models being introduced are 3 W1 models. Which are for residential use. They were introduced in Europe 2 years ago. The US doesn't usually get the new to market models. Proposed release is end of year.


    Debbi Branka thanked aamassther
  • 9 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

    That is not what I was told by my local Miele showroom. I was told that Miele is introducing steam versions of the LiGi towards the end of the year. They have always been correct about these things in the past.

  • 9 years ago

    I have to defend the Miele washers. I have the regular sized 30xx. I am so happy with the quality of the build and the results of the laundry. When I got mine 4 years ago, the guys installing it from Nebraska Furniture Mart, where I purchased it, were shocked at the weight of the washer, for the size. The components are quality. The drum is perfection. When people complain of small holes in their clothing, I cant help but believe its because of rough edges in the holes of inferior machines, as the spin pulls the fibers into these holes during the fast spins. That has never been a problem for me.