Software
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (43)

  • 13 years ago
    Like slate blue gray or navy?
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I like these blues
  • 13 years ago
    I'd like to see the same color as the darker trim that is already on your home and then a vibrant beautiful colorful wreath on the front, more natural looking wreath with some woody branches exposed.
  • 13 years ago
    I agree w/ursuladp. The entryway is already dark, stay away from dark colors. Containers w/brightly colored flowers would help soften the look.
  • 13 years ago
    Ohh the landscape is much different now. There are two larger pots that are long on each side of the column and the evergreens are gone. We have Lilly's, grasses, hibiscus, hostas, azaleas, rhododendrons, dogwoods, and a few others.
  • 13 years ago
    I like the last two blues shown above as well!
  • 13 years ago
    why don't you take an updated photo and attach....the new shrubs might make a huge difference in the color for the front door
  • 13 years ago
    rich glossy green with a big brass knocker and door handle
  • 13 years ago
    There aren't full grown yet but I'll gladly take a new pic! Most of them were bulbs so we still have a while until they are full grown!
  • 13 years ago
    Green or blue, but not too dark. Doors inset like yours look like cave entrances when painted a dark color. Like eggplant but it's still too dark, maybe a deep burgundy instead.
  • 13 years ago
    Maybe sw 6314 luxurious red
  • 13 years ago
    Again all the plants are very small and the hibiscus were cut down bc were in Michigan and you have to cut them down in the fall
  • 13 years ago
    That's a very sweet red
  • 13 years ago
    I would go with a brighter red
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Consider BM 1449. Look at an actual chip. The computer monitor does not do it justice.
  • 13 years ago
    Burgundy, eggplant, or go light with a cream color like the edges of the windows. The black would be too dark, and it would make the light pole disappear.
  • 13 years ago
    We' ll go grab swatches tomorrow.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I like what you have! But if I were to vote, I would choose #3, that is, "some other color." What do you love? What are your interior colors when you open the door?
  • 13 years ago
    The interior colors are espresso, gray, and white. Boring.....I know
  • 13 years ago
    I am partial to the green for your house but, I like the blue colors too. Not too dark but enough to add pizzazz. Red is supposed to be good luck.
  • 13 years ago
    I really like that green!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Yea I would do the green
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Great that you don't have to worry about clashing with interior colors. Love your redbud! I would take colors of your flowers into consideration. Have you looked at exterior paint color guides? Find one with your exterior color, including the brick, and see what color is shown for the door. I'm leaning toward a bright blue--nothing that would look navy or black. The blue on the right in the photo above would be a beautiful contrast with your foliage and your exterior colors. It appears to have a special finish for a more casual look, but you can surely find it in a solid enamel. Even a lighter shade like the slate blue above would look nice with your exterior colors. But I still want to know...what is your favorite color??? (I'm trying to decide on a color for my front door, too. My exterior trim is similar in colors, but my brick is dark. My door is even more recessed than yours. It's a big decision, isn't it?!)
  • 13 years ago
    My favorite color is aqua or mint but we painted it a medium blue
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Do you have a pic
  • 13 years ago
    How about something lively? electric blue? sky blue? yellow? orange? lime green? Then a wreath or some unusual decoration on the door. Then a couple of big pots of that same color.
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    Sazama Design Build Remodel LLC · More Info

    Farrow & Ball - Green Blue · More Info

    Farrow & Ball Down Pipe 26 · More Info


    A grey front door with blue green for ALL the trim.
  • 13 years ago
    I like your first thougt of Eggplant!
  • 13 years ago
    Looks like you are leaning away from black, but if you choose to go with it in the end, or any dark color for that matter, make sure the door surface is in good condition. Dark high gloss paint shows every surface flaw.
    If I had to vote on a color... Dark blue with silver hardware to include a kick plate and door knocker. Those will bring some reflection (I hate to use the word bling) into the mix.
  • 13 years ago
    Another thought. Blue will look great with the orange hibiscus plants.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    A bright powder blue would be ideal as it would lift the pale facade, but still be quite elegant.
  • 13 years ago
    either blue or green (: good luck
  • 13 years ago
    Premier Carpets, that is too much! Danielle Lyn, if you are still there & haven't painted yet - I voted for the black and wanted to suggest that you go all the way to the ceiling with it. Then hang an awesome light centered with the big window.
  • 13 years ago
    Isn't there a mediator to take care of that?
  • 13 years ago
    If not, there should be! lol
  • 13 years ago
    Pattiegood we have a chandelier that shows in that window and we ended up doing navy....I still think I would have liked black better but
  • 13 years ago
    last modified: 13 years ago
    I think black would have been better too, along with doubling the size of the palm pots. Large black urn style containers would have worked. Paint is cheap - just do the door again if you're not happy. Its already nicely "primed!"
  • 13 years ago
    How about painting the sidelight surrounds blue as well?
  • 13 years ago
    I like the blue! I do think it would be a nice effect to paint all the surrounding wood the same color. Your entrance would appear to be huge! You have a great home!
  • 13 years ago
    That column is 30 feet and. Getting that painted is going to be a project done later.... We can't paint that without scaffolding and hiring painters is expensive
  • 13 years ago
    The palm pots have to come in the winter/ cold nights I don't want urn pots in the house. The winter pots that will go there are urn with spiral topiaries and the pots are larger
  • PRO
    12 years ago
    Eggplant definitely.