Software
Houzz Logo Print
vixon6306

Patio

13 years ago
Have a beautiful patio but need to have help putting it together .. Have a long table with 6 chairs but it seems to big.. Want to make patio a restful retreat ..cozy area.. Need to keep table for now.. Should I set it outside of patio area??

Comments (19)

  • 13 years ago
    Could you send more pics. You do have a lovely area to work with!
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    You need to measure the width of your space. Min requirement is 30" from the table to the wall. Otherwise it will be too tight. If that works then its not to big. Sine I can't see the rest of the area it's hard to advise.
  • 13 years ago
    Right now I have the table near the small lap pool. Everything is scattered right now. Just don't have a clue what to do.. Think I like table outside of covering because it takes up so much room????
  • 13 years ago
    We would need more photos to see the overall picture. In the meantime, here is one idea
    Monument Hides Cool Design · More Info
  • 13 years ago
    I'm sorry I keep attaching photos but don't seem to be going to post. What happens to the images I am attaching
  • 13 years ago
    Hopefully you can see these photos
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    Pull it together by echoing a favorite, peaceful color. Let's say "peach". Put Peach cushions on this bistro chairs, a Peach outdoor rug under the long table with pot of peach colored annuals on the table. Add a large pot with same annuals, sitting on patio, in the corner opposite the 2 sets of furniture. Pulling it together with color will make the space feel more inviting and cozy. Add a fountain on the fence behind the bistro table for added ambiance.
  • 13 years ago
    Hopefully you can see these photos
  • 13 years ago
    I'm thinking that for now maybe you should keep your dining set outside the covered patio area. Hopefully it can be arranged in a way that will not interfere with the patio. I love the little bistro table and chairs and they are a step in the right direction as far as creating that cozy environment. I was hoping that additional pictures would show what is on the opposite end of the patio from the bistro set but seeing what I can, I recommend that you shop for a loveseat and cushioned chairs to add some softness to the area..... Something comfortable that you can curl up in. You can begin to add interest with plants and interesting finds to make it your own. P.S......I've seen some great comfortable outdoor furniture at SAMs Club this year!
  • 13 years ago
    It's just one long patio area. Have a fountain in planter in middle of yard
  • 13 years ago
    See if this helps
  • 13 years ago
    I would put the dining table under the fan/light. It looks like the pergola is a perfect dining spot. To feel less crowded, I'd actually relocate the small pots. Then, howabout taking the small bistro table/chairs and moving them to the sunny side (right of the pergola in the above picutre), but have your umbrella/stand between the bistro chairs slightly behind the table. It looks sort of "funny" to have the table/umbrella right next to a perfectly good shady spot for your table.
  • 13 years ago
    Other side of pool
  • 13 years ago
    Other side of pool
  • 13 years ago
    I agree with Darzy. I didn't realize it was a freestanding pergola. I thought it was a patio attached to your home. Beautiful area though!
  • 13 years ago
    I was trying to get table out of patio area because it takes so much room and leaves no area for a conversation area in the shade
  • 13 years ago
    I think decor/accents is the key to get your spot looking cozy and divine! Since you are starting with a blank canvas, it's great, as you can decide on colour scheme etc first. So, if I were you, I would decide on a colour scheme. Whether it's warm and cozy such as oranges and browns or fresh and crisp such as aquas and blues. I would definitely look at some lovely cushions for the table and a table runner or some ornaments. Since, currently it's metal and concrete the blank canvas, I would focus on adding many soft colourful/serene accents. Fabric (outdoor fabric), fabric and more fabric - as this is easiest and cheapest to add.

    Here are some examples of colourful, modern outdoor cushions you can easily add in this space. I came across this site called www.zahaarasanctuary.com where they have a beautiful range and offers really cheap postage worldwide. Also, you could shop around for some ornaments to match. Even add a few paper lanterns to bring that gentle feel to the space. See the image below. I think the fun part is doing everything within a budget, enhancing what you have at the moment - rather than replacing.
  • PRO
    13 years ago
    I would add a fountain to make sure the area is a "restful retreat"

    http://www.soothingwalls.com/outdoor-fountains.html

    then I would suggest adding some color with an outdoor rug:

    http://www.thesoothingcompany.com/outdoor/outdoor-rugs.html