Shop Products
missy_june

Reviews on Menards Klearvue Cabinets?

Missy Jostand

Looking to install a new kitchen on a tight budget. Anyone have any reviews on these new cabinets at menards the Klearvue? The guy said he has had a few contractors install and the reviews have been positive, but I was looking for more. Looking for contemporary modern, sleek white.

http://klearvuecabinetry.com

• Tara Raman

I think assembly and installation will vary by person. For us, we found it to be quite easy. There is a part in the instructions that does talk about connecting your cabinets and hinge/slide placement. I included a picture, it was helpful enough for us. We didn’t have to remove or redo anything because we determined where hinges and drawer slides needed to be ahead of time. Unless I’m misinterpreting the challenges you had. But I would definitely suggest getting an idea of hinge and slide placement beforehand. We had one cabinet with drawers where we wanted a different configuration than what was provided in the books. We just called and they gave us which holes to place slides in, worked perfectly.

• mshea49

Klearvue products from Menards

The first sign I was in trouble was when I bought 6 base units with 4 of them with damage that required them to be returned to the store. The sink base was damaged but I was able to fix and reinforce the top with a piece of aluminum angle. Now let me discuss the instructions; just pictures. I had to rely on YouTube videos and multiple trips to the store to study display units. Very intense assembly and installation process.

While the special features are awesome, it doesn't make up for the many shortcomings with product quality and installation. I distinctly remember the sales pitch that the cabinets were made of plywood, not so, they are made of particle board. Compressed or particle board soak up moisture, let alone water. Now you have permanently damaged product, and once installed there is virtually no fix. This could be prevented if the manufacturer used a better process to seal the contact paper to the particle board and sealed the joints that would prevent the moisture from seeping through.

Hey, they look good. I am just not sure it was worth it.

Anyone have a Preferred RTA Kitchen cabinet company?

I cannot comment on a RTA option but I can attest to the fact I had custom cab's done by a well known local company and there were problems after problems too. Previously to this I had ordered Medallion cabinets from Menards and even more frustrated with that project - guess that was basis for the high priced customs. Like all in life I suspect they all have good and bad ones, good and bad days, and we will love or hate the whole process. I'm going to try some RTA's soon on a new place I'm buying and it cannot be any worse than what I have dealt with I suspect. And it could be better and save me a boat land of $$$ in doing so. Vendor is yet to be decided which is why I am reading here. lol

Can I stain my oak cabinets a darker color?

cmstdig, thank you. I'm glad you like it. I had a picture in my mind's eye of what I wanted but I wanted to hire a contractor to do all the work for me. But none of the contractors seemed to be able to capture my vision. I finally went dumpster diving and found a huge piece of cardboard and I actually drew out the surface of the new island. I cut it out and told them to build a cabinet to fit it and I drew out the cabinet configuration I wanted. IMO, that is the what made the kitchen exceptional. BTW, the nine foot island used up the space originally meant for a breakfast table which I did not want. On the existing cabinets I had them take out the center panels in four of the doors and replace them with glass and make glass shelves for those cabinets. I knew what color I wanted the cabinets to be because I have them in my motor coach. I brought a draw from the RV and they matched it fairly well by painting over the oak cabinets with a bisque paint and then applying a glaze. The grain of the oak came through beautifully. Then I had them order an oak window shutter to cover that ugly window. They stained it to match and I had them build a decorative piece above the window to tie the upper cabinets together. I wanted the entire wall to flow without interruption. I also concealed all light switches and electrical outlets. I think the kitchen is the most important room in the house because we spend so much time there. It opens to the den, but we seldom spend much time actually sitting in the den. We mostly sit at the island to eat or use our laptop. I would suggest that you go in search for a color for your cabinets that you like or ask your contractor to give you some samples of what they can do with a light shade and glaze. Mine has a touch of ash color in it. Good luck! I am happy to answer any questions you have.

Kitchen Cabinet Help - ~$12,000 kitchen

I have 18 year old Medallion in my kitchen. The doors are solid wood and I just finished refinishing them. However, I wanted to change out a cabinet (microwave cabinet out and spice box / plate rail cabinet in) and found the newer doors were not solid wood on many styles - perhaps they have an upgraded line that does, but not that came close to my door style. I ended up retrofitting my old cabinet to what I wanted instead of buying a new one. I used a spice box from Shrock and was pleasantly surprised to find it was solid wood. I was also surprised on how hard it was to take apart the old cabinet - which I guess says something good about it:) The cabinet sides are particle board, which many will say is not as good as plywood. I would agree, but mine have held up fine.

DIY Complete Kitchen Renovation for Under $6,000? CHECK

Your finish project looks amazing and I would LOVE to read and help you promote your book. We try to guide clients who aren't a good fit to resources that can help them and if we have any DIY clients we can definitely send them to your book for guidelines. Great job!
  • rowelau

Are the Klearvue MDF doors "painted" or covered with thermafoil?

• barnhome116

Check the end cap with door samples. It varies by style. We just switched to Malmo auburn as the doors are birch. I had actually preferred the more modern Oland white; but, on closer examination steered clear as the wrapped edges of doors are clearly going to yellow before fronts. We just picked ours up Saturday and are just now getting started. Already have concerns in several areas of construction.

• barnhome116

Wow... dejavu! We had to go back for the rest of our order as well after we were told we had it all. Now we are still waiting on several pieces that were damaged or poorly made and not caught by quality control. Regarding instructions; if you have drawers make certain to pay close attention to hole the glide is actually in. We did not and had to to redo. Some pics indicate a hole showing within the glide and we did not see that immediately. Still waiting to complete this project and not happy.

• AMS

Thanks for sharing information about this - I just learned about Klearvue over the weekend at a home show, and was struck by how similar they looked to Ikea Grimslov. Based on reviews sounds like there may be issues, but I wonder if they're any more difficult to deal with than Ikea... I live equidistant from both, so that's not a factor for me.

• Kathy Polston

We installed our klear view cabinets in august of 17. Wonder if anyone has issues with getting finger print smudges off the door fronts? If the sun shines on them I can see smudges and can't clean them off with anything. Tried a multitude of cleaners nothing works. Anyone else have the same problems?

• Jeanne Patterson

Love, love, LOVE these cabinets! The look. The construction. The unmatched versatility!

Do not buy these kits buy a cabinet already put together. Amost impossible to adjust the hinges n drawer slides

• D Wagner

Do not buy Klearvue cabinets, very cheap! They are made of pressed shelving board, with peal and strip contac paper. Already coming apart and easy to tear. Worst cabinets ever!!!

Currently dealing with the nonsense of this cabinetry!

lets start by saying that we just spent over $7k on what was supposed to be a simple install on these cabinets.

So far, we’ve over half dozen broken cabinets due to poor transport and packaging, busted corners on nearly 75% of our order boxes upon boxes of everything just scattered because it is not as simple as they make it sound, there’s over 100 boxes of parts to all these cabinets and little to no directions whatsoever!

tempTed to just take everything back, we have made several trips back to menards to find missing pieces that we couldn’t find in out mess and exchange broken cabinets.

were 4 days in and not even a quarter of the way thru putting these big POS together.

only reason for not taking everything back is there’s a restocking fee!

We have countertops already on order and ready to come measure.

What was supposed to be a happy feeling to have a nice newly designed kitchen has become a nightmare and doubt I’ll even get to enjoy this thing.

the people at menards really don’t seem to care one bit about all of our issues and mos they can maybe offer is $100 gift cards!

Really?

over $7k in cabinets and more than half the cabinets boxes with busted corners that I’ll HAVE TO USE and that’s all you can do?

shuve those gifts cards where they can fit best, I’ve no need for them!

let me end by telling you we are construction contractors and have done several kitchens already.

never again will I deal with anything like these cabinets.

save yourselves the headaches and buy ready assembled cabinets!

or you can go thru what I’m going they right now!

• Tara Raman

We have had our cabinets for over a year now. Still no problems. Didn’t have the installlation issues or the damage others have had. We had a cabinet front that we had messed up ourselves, and our store still replaced that for us with no concerns. Had one incident with our fridge leaking, water sitting on the floor and damaged the bottom of one of our panels - our store replaced that for no charge as well. We still love them - with our budget, they were the best option and we are very happy with them.

• ci_lantro

If you open the box and a part is damaged, you take it back to Menard's. If the box is damaged, you don't leave Menard's until you have inspected it.

We shop at Menard's a lot. Closest store to our house and consistently lower prices than Lowe's or Home Depot. Never ever have I had any problems returning an item....leaving me wonder about the claim of 'having to use' cabinet boxes with broken corners. Even more so since HUxxxx claims to be a construction contractor who has done 'several kitchens' and likely a high volume Menard's shopper...

• Missy Jostand
    Since install I have not had any problems! I love them. I had a contractor install and he said once he got the hang of it it was easy. He said he would love to put these in his house. He said they are great quality if you are okay with not 100% wood and I was for the price difference. They hold so much and I love the drawers!

When you have enough boxes to fill about 3/4 of an enclosed trailer measuring 8feet by 20 feet hundreds of boxes with the associates going they them it’s hard to keep track of what boxes are what and what’s damaged and what’s not especially when they are on skids and you can’t see every box.

reason we ended up using some bruised/damaged boxes is because we already have quartz countertops being measured, some of the damage will be there although not visible we still paid full price.

pls take my apologies for not being as disciplined as yourself.

the kitchens we have done have been our own and family members, we don’t do them for a living.

I have no need to explain myself to you, just giving feedback so other know what they are getting themselves into.

Just now after days of assembling cabinets installing the fridge, the cabinet above the fridge will not be able to open since the fridge will be in the way.

the cabinet itself is not an exact 36” and my fridge is brand new, I now have to remove the cabinet, take it back and see what solution we can find.

this was one of the cabinets that was damaged too.

this has been the worse experience

• Jane Smith

One difference between ikea and menard’s is the weight limit on drawers. Ikeas hardware is made by Blum. I cant track down who makes Menards.

I will say my brother has hAd his Ikea Adel (prior line) installed for 12 years in a rental. No issues.

My ikea are now on year three. No issues other than 1 door started to delaminate (might have been that way upon arrival). I called ikea, 3 years after install. They sent me a new door within a week. I do like that I can also order hardware conponents from Blum too.

I was looking at the Klearvue line as I want to add laundry and bath cabinets. Given both Ikea and Menards are 2 hours from me, and its cheaper to have Ikea delivered to me, Im leaning that direction.

• priceor63
    We just purchased Menards cabinets and have installed them. Countertops will be installed in a couple weeks. I’m concerned because it looks like the tops will be right on top of the drawers. Has anyone had any issues there? Did/do the installers do anything to leave space between the drawers and tops?
  • Jane Smith

I have ikea. With eased edge granite. Since my edge is flush with the counter thickness, no issue at all.

But if you need additional clearance due to counter style (rolled edge comes to mind), have installer add a piece of wood to shim up the counter. I had to do that with a bath vanity.

• priceor63
    Thanks Jane!
  • Greg Gola

Looked at Menard's Klearvue cabinets and liked them a lot. Thought they'd be an easy purchase and install. We ordered a total of 8 cabinets including three 40 inch tall wall cabinets, a 36" sink base cabinet, an 18" recycling center, 12" wide base cabinet and 90" tall corner cabinet. Cabinets arrived this morning and 4 of 8 were damaged as were several shelf packs and there were missing parts. The cabinets were not cheap, almost $3K for particle board cabinets mostly made in China and India and a few components made in USA. Very disappointed. Called Menard's cabinet department manager. No apology of any sort. He says he'll send replacements tomorrow. I say no thanks and he says it will cost me another $70 to have all the cabinets picked up tomorrow. Fine with me. Can you imagine profit margin on particle board cabinets mostly made in China and India.

• Greg Gola

Followup from my last post. Menard's was supposed to pick up cabinets on Friday morning. No show, no call. I call Menard's and am told they can't pick up Friday,"too busy", even though I had a "scheduled" appointment for pick. My buddy and I rebox all cabinets and inventory everything to assure we have it all for return. We take everything back to Menard's for return/refund. The girl assigned to handle this has to do the return manually, no portable scanner to scan bar codes like they have at Home Depot. Over 2 hours later after helping reconcile all returned items, the refund is finally completed. What a nightmare. Again no apology for damaged cabinets or taking over 2 hours to complete a return that should have taken maybe 30 minutes max if they used a portable scanner/barcode reader. Don't know if anyone else has had this sort of experience with Menard's but be very careful if you do decide to buy any cabinets from them and inspect them immediately upon arrival. We will never use Menards again for anything.

• Meghan

Klearvue review and tips

We purchased 18 cabinets for our kitchen and island. Design was simple and worked perfectly with our floor plan. They look great and to us, price was right, easy to assemble and quite solid (much heaver than we thought). We found one guy at our Menards and if he is not in, we go back another time because he is very knowledgeable on ordering these. We did the Stoma Gray so well over ½ our order was “special order” and we opted to just have all our order shipped to store. All came in a week or less. Pick-up was easy and associates were helpful in whatever aspect we needed. Of the 18 cabinets and hardware we had 2 damaged items 1- sink base was smashed on one half 2- filler panel that runs down the refrigerator had a chipped corner. The sink base we didn’t even take out of the box and the exchange was simple and took only a few minutes total. The filler we will be cutting down so no need for return. We unboxed all cabinets and laid them out (so my husband) could make sure I didn’t screw the entire kitchen up (which I didn’t). During this time we noticed that our sink wasn’t in line with a beam and my husband insisted it all be moved down 2 inches. After running 100 scenarios past each other we decided that we needed to swap a 15” to a 12”. We took the 15” back to the store to see what they could do (being that most of the cabinet was “special order”) they guy from the kitchen section came up and said if its only one it was no problem. Swapped it out, took the new 12” box home and ordered the matching door. Husband and friend hung all boxes when I was assembling door’s and drawers and we finished about the same time. They look great and we love them but if you read below you will know what I wish I knew when ordering.

Tips-

1. You NEED to order the toe kick, top and bottom moulding. We opted out of the moulding for uppers and now have to take them all down to install because they hit our super flush can lights and the bottoms are white/tan and it can all be seen when looking straight on.

2. You will NEED to cut/resize the toe kick, mouldings and likely the fillers, if this happens to be the filler that is as big a the fridge its a bit difficult in -30 dead of winter condo construction zone. (you will also need to cut in plumbing for sink)

3. Make a spreadsheet of all ordered pieces (i.e. 478-???) list the # and brief description and how many you get (if you want to get fancy you can # all the cabinets to your liking and list the cabinet # next to the part). DO NOT let them put the pallets on your trailer!!! We had 2 people, but 3 would have been perfect. As my husband loaded boxes, he called off the # and I check it off the list. After a few boxes the Menards guys joined right in, but I recheck all of theirs ;-P. When we left, we KNEW we had everything and that all boxes looked acceptable. Loading the trailer took us a little over 30 min in the freezing cold.

4. When you get all the boxes home, set all cabinet boxes aside. Go back to your spread sheet and make piles for each cabinet and place all parts from spreadsheet into corresponding pile. Now you can’t say you don’t have the room for this because I did this all in a 1200 sf condo during a massive remodel. Work at putting the door/drawers to cabinet 1 together and put post-its saying #1 set all remaining hardware to be attached to the box in or on that door/drawer and move on to cabinet 2.

5. Mark all cabinet where hardware attaches prior to install. The directions said most will be 4 from top and bottom...... all our cabinets will doors only were 2nd from top and bottom so we had to move some connectors. All the bottoms worked great. If you took my advise and numbered and separated all cabinets and hardware I also stapled and labels all instruction for the cabinet and marked on the front page where hardware attached then penciled it onto the cabinet.

6. Sit back with a stiff whisky old fashion sweet and admire all your hard work and forget all the work that still needs to be done, while your husband halls all the cardboard to the trash. .

So far not a fan of klearvue and am disappointed with Menards. We didn't have all our order, cabinets, doors and several items were missing and almost half the cabinets were damaged. Since Menards located 100 miles/2hrs away this was very time consuming and inconveinent. Instructions were impossible to understand and had to depend on you-tube since no one at Menards was able to advise or help instruct. Come to find out the cabinets are indeed plastic covered particle board. Bad experience with Klearvue, wouldn't recommend. Always pleased with Menards in the past but this has been horrible from the beginning; subpar service, damaged goods (multiple times) items missing from the order, poor instructions with no help at all from Menards when asked for help (they didn't understand instructions either)

• Julie Agnes

I have ikea grimslov as built-ins in my living room as well as in my laundry room and craft . I LOVE them! No damage to any packages, easy to assembly line put together. We are a kitchen remodel ikea. I at the klearvue in the Menards store same quality. Stick ikea... you will easier.

Also, my sister built a new home 3 years ago... again, ikea in the kitchen, 4 bathrooms, a laundry room, a garage and a mudroom... still look brand new today.

• cmhocevar

For anyone who went to Menards did you use their installers they recommend or did you do it yourself or have someone else do them?

• Meghan

No. If you are DIYing a kitchen Reno you are more than capable of hanging the cabinet. this wasn’t even an option when we ordered.

I have 2 kitchens in my home. One is all IKEA and one is all menards klearvue. I have negative and positive for both. IKEA first. Finished product we love it but not without challenges. 1 hour drive to Schaumburg. No problem. I designed my own layout then had to do small modifications. No problem. I needed a 12 inch over my fridge. Sorry no such size so I bought a 15 x 30 and cut the doors and cabinet in 5 minutes on a table saw and bought the drill bit and jig from menards for the 2 holes I cut off on the doors on top side. Glued and air nailed cabinet together on top. NICE JOB ACTUALLY and very easy. I was even surprised. IKEA sold me $ 1200 of extra stuff i didnt need or wanted. I just returned with zero issues. Great store. I love em. I did however needed to go back for the 10 000 hole orange plastic jig for the handles. Menards sells several different jigs and none would work with the large handles. I didnt use the legs from IKEA. I built my own base for almost nothing. WE LOVE OUR KITCHEN IN THE BASEMENT which was primary while I remodeled extensively the upper kitchen. Less than $2500 bucks.

Now I ordered my klearvue cabinets from menards. What a task. Antique outdated computers but it happened after 3 visits.

They tried to get me to take any I stock items which I found out that they keep alot on hand the hard way after i had to return a damaged drawer and they showed me a whole 2nd floor of goodies. I was also shorted a set of hinges. Although they dont keep any of my door panels in stock. All special order for a special price. I learned a few things from IKEA EXPERIENCE that before i paid for for menards non return policy i read every detail. ( against my wifes wishes) i found out that were charging me $400 dollars for color tape that i didnt want and would have been stuck with.

NOW I made 3 trips in my big truck which no one could keep track of in security or me for that matter because it was all on skids loaded on my truck. 8 feet high. Really 8 feet high. I have photos to prove it.

I decided to assemble as much as I could the first day and PLEASE LISTEN TO THIS. I have 10 door panels 18 x 40 that have 1 hinge hole not drilled deep enough to install the hinges as designed to do causing fit issues. I have not yet contacted them yet as of this message. These are not stock items. I have not yet installed any cabinets yet. I just want to see what I have and what I'm going to gave to deal very soon. I will for sure add to this review before its it's over. I have never written a review in my life till now but after reading everyone's comments I felt obligated to say something since I have experienced both stores. I have done many kitchens in my life but only these 2 have been an EXPERIENCE that needs to be talked about.

More to come. I have also done finished and unfinished cabinets. That's a different story not for this page.

• Shannon Ninneman

I bought the klearvue Brand because I really liked the look of them when I got them home a lot of them where Damage and One cabnit door was under half off them not even in The box I Brong them back and they were very rude to me and said that they would go get the missing parts and they gave me the wrong parts again it is a pain in the butt to put them up as there was no Instructions as we we’re going through them again and putting them together we found that there were still parts missing and we also got someone else’s parts with their name on them None of the sku numbers added up and to wipe them up are a pain in the but and to adjust the cabnits to fit is a task in its own my husband is a very smart man and have no problems with building things I even did the reconstruction on the computer with them and nothing fit as the picture thank god they do actually send a print form to go over the cabnits because none of them fit I’m very disappointed in menards when I went back the last time the lady said that it wasn’t there fault that none of the shelf’s where the right size we’ll next time I know to never buy anything from them unless I check everything twice because none of them know a dam thing about them I’m Seriously thinking about taking them all Down and taking them all back and telling them to shove it but I’m not that rude of a person my husband told me to pick what I wanted he now says he wished he would have been to to pick out horrible workers and product I would recommend going with some other kind of cabnits good luck everyone

• Chuck Fiebelkorn
    last year

purchased Klearvue cabinets upper and lower and easy to install. fine the adjustability on the lower cabinets a plus and easy of movability to install countertop.

• Tony Bruns
    last year

DO NOT buy this brand. Way to many issues. you have to pay for features that come standard with other cabinets. If you want the same color as as the drawer you have to add side panels, that adds a half inch to every cabinet. standard Formica countertops need a filler underneath so the doors and drawers work correctly. Sink cabinets are way to flimsy for a heavy duty cast iron sink. I had to beef this cabinet up.

The backing on the cabinets comes apart. The staples are not long enough, and these pieces are glued in. I need to reattached ALL of the backings to the back of the cabinets. This is where the mounting screws go so it needs to be secure.

You have to attach a banding to the front of every shelf and base part of the cabinet to match the color you buy. It comes in the form of a tape and the rolls are expensive. It is very tedious.

Not even for a rental house, way to labor intensive, and they will not hold up. These are made in Vietnam, and the quality is not very good at all.

10 out of 12 door and panel boxes were missing screws.

Forget about getting help from the store. Menard's people are friendly but they do not have first hand knowledge about installation.

• David Newsome
    last year

I just ordered the Klearvue cabinets from Menards. The manufacturer is terrible. I had to return a broken cabinet, the cabinet boxes arrived within a week, but I have to wait a month to get the other parts! DO NOT ORDER THESE CABINETS ITLL BE A NIGHTMARE!

• rowelau
    last year

I have done two sets of Klearvue cabinetry within 2 years and BOTH times they were awesome! The quality of the product is well worth the money and time. All arrived at the store in a very timely manner.

• Matt Sonnentag
    last year

These are junk, menards will make it right, but next time I am going Ikea, way more durable product. I am on my 2nd special order of doors because of the dings in them.

• Julie Kelly
    last year

I ordered my cabinets on February 27th and from start to finish I have had nothing but problems. Literally everything that could have gone wrong did. When I went to the store to purchase my cabinets, they could not find the latest design that was worked on with the designer because it wasn’t saved. At that time, I had to basically try to recreate what I had been working on for months. I ordered the cabinets and appliances and was told it would take two weeks. I received notification that all my items were at the warehouse and scheduled a delivery date. The day that my items were to be delivered, the store contacted me to inform me that in fact some of the special items were not received and had to eb reordered which would take another two weeks to received.

When the driver delivered my items, I was shocked. There was no organization to the delivery and all the items were basically thrown in my garage. At least a quarter of the cabinets were damaged, defective, or missing. It took me an entire day just to go through all the items that was on the design list.

As we started to assemble what was received, we had problem after problem. Literally every time we tried to accomplish something we were not able to because of defective, damaged, or missing pieces. I contacted the general manager and manager of the cabinet area and they tried to accommodate me by looking at other stores for items missing or damaged.

When we finally were able to get some overhead cabinets put in and tried to insert the glass shelves, they would not fit because the box was defective. When I contacted the store and asked if they would have some new glass cut, they indicated that they were not able to accommodate me, and the only solution was to order a new cabinet. This is absolutely absurd. Who has time to keep install and uninstall cabinets?

After over a month of ongoing issues, I contacted the store again because I was missing the hinges to the pantry. When I contacted the store the new manager of the cabinetry area told me I could call another store to see if they had them because she was working with a customer. At this point I became irate. After spending 15,000 in this store this is how I am treated. In a not so nice way, I told her that I was the customer that was the priority as I have already paid for my products and have had nothing but issues from day one with this store and with these cabinets.

The quality of these cabinets is very poor. I have cabinets that are already chipping, and the paint is fading and they have been up less than a month.

Who oversees inventory? Who oversees quality control? Who oversees customer service? I have never in my life had such a horrible experience. It was so terrible that I am going to contact an attorney and the Better Business Bureau and will never use these cabinets or shop at Medard’s again.

• Meghan
    last year

I just wanted to give a quick update and say that 2 years after install we are still very happy with our cabinets and they look just as great as the day we put them in. We plan to order these cabinets again in a few years when we build our home.

• dawnalbr98
    last year

I’m in the middle of an install and have had a great experience with Menards and the cabinets. Yes, 4 boxes were broken but they were quickly replaced. Easy to follow instructions except for the microwave cabinet. That took some trial and error.

Now to figure out how the counter tops are going to fit...

• Dave Smolarek
    last year

I just installed my Stoten white Klearvue kitchen and it went fairly well, not nearly the nightmare described here. My whole order was complete when i picked it up. The only damage was on 2 toe kicks that were cracked from the way it was packaged on the pallet.

The only frustrations were trying to build the tall oven cabinet because there were no insteuctions on the exact configuration I ordered. The other relatively minor issue was with having to move cabinet connector screws since I missed the part about them ideally going in the 4th hole.

These cabinets are not high end, but for the price they are pretty decent. I was going to go with IKEA but there have been issues with supply and i didnt want this project to take 6 months longer than it needed to.

Never Dull
    last year

Our Klearvue cabinets are two years old now. We continue to be very happy with them. 1 cabinet has a tiny chip in the finish because I dropped a knife while chopping too vigorously.

My daughter just remodeled her kitchen and chose Klearvue. Her experience was also very positive.

Standout points: boxes come assembled and are very solid. If you can get a 36 inch deep drawer base. Two deep drawers. Add an inner drawer to the top. Silverware and flat utensils in interior drawer. Bulkier utensils in the upper deep drawer. Finally, no more rifling around hunting for a utensil.

I would agree that the desgn software and ordering needs work. I thought was also a pain.

• Mark Zwayer

We have installed Klearvue cabinets twice…once in our condo and in our daughter’s home.

These cabinets have great features and are budget friendly. They come in alot of boxes with a lot of assembley, but if you are somewhat construction savy, you will not have too many issues getting a very nice looking kitchen on the cheap. Just time consuming getting end panels, crown, and moldings cut and all the fabulous sliding drawers put together. I am definitely planning to install them again. After two years of use, they still look new.

• LADONNA FOX

Has anyone had issues with their white cabinets discoloring? Mainly the ones above and to the sides of the stove. I am also not impressed with how easy it is to see grease marks. You would think by the looks of our cabinets that we fry food every night. We never fry anything and the marks will not come off.

• C Dog

My mom JJuJusJustJust spentJust spent sevenJust spent 7000 and half the order was damaged.

not to mention 6 missing pieces.

Took them back to exchange and they made us feel like we were in the wrong.

They make you feel like their doing you a favor to fix their mess up.

Dont ever ask for a discount, thats like a trigger word for them. ive never experienced someone be so unprofessional, like i offended him.

we are packing

them

back up and bringing them back

• C Dog

not to mention 6 missing pieces.

we are packing

them

back up and bringing them back

• optionsgiant

I am finishing up an install of over $10,000 worth of Stromma White cabinets and I think they are pretty decent cabinets. The install has been fine and the doors are actually pretty good quality--I think the finish is painted on or dipped because I had a couple chips which I replaced before installing. Honestly I have been in many kitchens with other brands and it's really hard to tell a big difference, they have a nice finished, clean look to them - at least the Stromma, that's all I know. Everyone is always saying MDF and particle board is bad, but I think if you don't beat the heck out of them and maybe add a few reinforcements they will last for years. I did all the install myself with the kids helping me here and there holding some of the 40in wall cabinets while I screwed them in. Some of the pros: The cabinets are very spacious which is one of the reasons I bought them, you can get a ton in these cabinets! I was impressed with the hardware and the pull out drawers and hinges, and the cabinet screws. You have to build the drawer slides but once you do one - you're rolling. I also bought a few of the glass doors and shelves and they are a really nice addition. I had a few cabinet boxes that were damaged and I was able to replace them with Menards no problem, no hassle. I had very few damaged boxes given I had 2 full truckloads delivered. I like how you can adjust the feet to the right height, and you can adjust the doors in and out, up and down too. I also like that down the road you can easily change your cabinet faces with another color or style, or swap one out at your local Menard's anytime. I actually thought of stocking up on a full set of new faces in the event they discontinue Klearvue, but we will see. I would recommend getting the added silverware/utensil organizers, they are great. Some of the cons: I did install a farmhouse sink and I had to do some modifications to the sink base but that was expected., a little challenging but I got it. I also installed a short low profile microwave over the stove which was hard but turned out awesome - and that thing has 550 cfm! I also reinforced a few of the cabinet boxes with some additional nails, glue and screws - but that is just me, they probably would have been fine without them. I put a layer of plywood on top of all the cabinets before installing granite for a little more reinforcement and clearance for the top of drawers. The longest 36" upper cabinet shelve will sag a bit with anything heavy due to the length. I built a reinforcement so I don't have a problem anymore. A note regarding weight -- just make sure your floor is strong enough to handle the weight of all your cabinets, particularly if you have tile floor. Check your deflection if you have a long span on your joists - if you do you should install support below the floor--these cabinets are heavier than traditional cabinets, and more heavier adding granite or quartz on top. Also a final note-- when I put the cabinet hardware on I bought a jig off amazon which made it go very easy. I'll post some pictures when I get completely done.

• Ron S

ABSOABSOLUTE GARBAGE! Just spent $6,500 on Stromma cabinets. salesperson lied about ”real solid wood door and drawer fronts.” He also left out restocking fee.

About 25 of the nearly 100 items were damaged on delivery. We were told you just bring it back in and you can swap it out for another. most had damaged boxes and the LEGS were

broken off of many boxes.

They fight you on everything. They make you buy new cabinets and then only give you store credit on the broken ones minus 25% restocking fee.

The tecnical writing is pathetic. This scam is DESIGNED to keep you coming back.

They did this to us and we have over 100 receipts this year

• Jonathan Lee

Sorry to hear about your experience. I knew the Stromma's were not real solid wood, though I can see how you might think they are. Too bad the salesperson said they were. Fortunately I have not had any issue with the door fronts. Sounds like there is some issues with delivery and storage at your local Menards. I'm always concerned when things are delivered by a 3rd party and their handling. I had no problems returning any items over a year old and getting a store credit. I never was charged a restocking fee either. I was just glad Menards took back and gave me a store credit on items I purchased a year ago. I'm not sure if it is a masterful scam or just bad customer service and stock handling.

We loved the ones we installed 8 months ago! we bought a different brand for another room, foolishly thinking they would be similar. No No! Kleavue was SUBSTANTIALLY better! We are in the process if doing our kitchen and we are using Klearvue. Yes there is more assembly to the Kleavue. But that leads to saving money. And the quality is hands down better. The cabinets in my front room are filled and get tons of use. They still look brand new and we have 4 boys in the house.

Just pick Klearvue and you will be so satisfied with the results!

We worked with several people at Menards and everyone was very helpful and knowledgable. When loading we saw a box had some damage, no problem getting a new one. I agree thay it is hard to keep track of the boxes as they are loaded. The employees brought the pallet to the back of the trailer and we loaded every box into the trailer so we could check it before we loaded it. They would have put it in the trailer for us, but I thought it was important we do our due dilligence to save everyone possible headaches later on.

It is a lot more assembly than some other products, but I liked the versatility and the options to change things out later if I want without needing to buy a new unit.

Highly recommend!

• wiscokid

Have you worked at Menards long?

I am putting together three Klearvue tall cabinets in our garage. I am very disappointed with the product and the quality of the materials. The particleboard is cheap and tears easily. Couple of the pieces we got we're broken. The hardware to put it together is also cheap. Cam locks are crap. Nails provided for the backing do not penetrate deep enough to work. We also got the wrong Camlock pins in 2 of the packages for the cabinets. Menards support of it has been somewhat disappointing as well. When I went to pick up the pieces only half of the order was ready. The other half should have been all put together in one place so when I picked it up I wouldn't have to wait an hour for them to get the other pieces.

When we purchased it they said it would be easy to put together like something you would buy at IKEA. The problem is I think IKEA has better quality hardware as well as better quality particleboard. Overall I find myself saying over and over again while putting this together "Why did I buy this total piece of shit?"

After putting together three tall cabinets, at a cost of about $400 each, we have come to the conclusion that these are total crap and are going to return them to Menards for a refund.