Software
Houzz Logo Print
quinnpad

Clean slate...what type of furniture, what colors and how to decorate?

13 years ago
We have been renovating this 1950s ranch home for the last 6 years and I am finally gung ho to put some life and personality into the space. I have been trying to do this for the last several years but just cannot find a color scheme and/or décor to give the space the right feel and “functional” “small” living space. I am a minimalist when it comes to off-wall décor but right now I also have a 26-month old and an 8-month old so extra floor/table décor in the space is more no-no than ever before. We do live across the street from a large inland lake in MI so I have always been interested in a lakeside feel without going totally “beach theme”. I tend to have a very eclectic taste but don’t want to overwhelm the space either and always have a difficult time coordinating colors & decor tastefully. The walls are a slightly pastel/neutral green, and we have hardwood oak floors and dark brown furniture. I am looking at the photo and just hate the "frumpy & sloppy" look of the furniture we do have. Any budget-friendly suggestions for furniture pieces/colors and layout and decor ideas?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert