Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nhbabs

Houzz is messing things up again!

NHBabs z4b-5a NH
6 years ago
last modified: 6 years ago

I will send them a note, but I am cranky with Houzz for messing up the search function. After years of a really bad search function in Garden Web, we have had a useful search function for the past several years. But just now when I tried to find the crape myrtle posts in this forum that I know mentioned Hopi, the search function only gave me two options: search Houzz in Advice, and search Houzz in Photos. Not much help when I want to search just this forum. Gr-r-r-r-r! I will use the contact us link, but if enough others complain also, perhaps they will return some useful functionality to the search function. I will go back to using a copied web address from the old search function pasted into the address bar with hopi replaced with my current search term.

http://www.gardenweb.com/gardenweb/query/hopi/topic=neweng

Comments (14)

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis
    6 years ago

I just did a search after reading your post..it didn't work the way I wanted.. :-(

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Send Houzz an email:

gardenweb@houzz.com

Or on their support page,

https://support.houzz.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

there are a couple of options in the dropdown menu, you could use either website support or other.

• nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis
    6 years ago

Sent an email..

NHBabs z4b-5a NH thanked nicholsworth Z6 Indianapolis
  • deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    6 years ago

I tried earlier today, too, and thought I must be doing something wrong. So frustrating! It never occurred to me that it would be Houzz because it would make no sense to REMOVE functionality! I ended up spending quite some time on google typing in every term I could remember from the post and it still couldn't find the post. Eventually scrolled through every page in the forum doing a "Find" for a word in the title and found it.

NHBabs z4b-5a NH thanked deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
  • claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
    6 years ago

This is really weird. After reading this post, I did a search as usual using "hopi crape myrtle" as the term and got a reasonable result showing many threads I remembered. I took a screenshot of the search page and started to post it, saying that Houzz seemed to have fixed the glitch.

But I couldn't post the screenshot, and when I went back and made a new search I could no longer perform the search - it had reverted to the situation NHBabs described.

As a test, I just tried to post a pic of a hummingbird that I posted yesterday and it won't post today, so Houzz has several problems going on. It looks like they're working on it since there was a momentary correction.

Claire

NHBabs z4b-5a NH thanked claireplymouth z6b coastal MA
  • NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    Original Author
    6 years ago

They are aware of issues, so hopefully it will get fixed. I got this response from Tamara:

"Hi Barb,

I'm sorry that you're having issues with the search function - how frustrating! I'm not sure what changed, but I will make sure our tech team takes a look at it.

In the meantime, you can still search for results within a specific forum. Just make sure that you've clicked on any post in the forum and then use the search bar. See attached photo.

I hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Tamara"

• spedigrees z4VT
    6 years ago

Well that does sound hopeful, NHBabs. Probably their tech workers implemented new software and it screwed things up. I just tried it and Tamara is correct that you can still search for results within a particular forum if you search while a post within that forum is open.

NHBabs z4b-5a NH thanked spedigrees z4VT
  • corunum z6 CT
    6 years ago

Just saw this thread and I just sent an email. It is weird because I cannot post pictures, yet a link to video did upload. Life is weirder and weirder all the time.

NHBabs z4b-5a NH thanked corunum z6 CT
  • deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
    6 years ago

I cannot post pictures either! Will wait a while and try again. I tried with different sized pics as well as different browsers.

NHBabs z4b-5a NH thanked deanna in ME Barely zone 6a, more like 5b
  • NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    Original Author
    6 years ago

Folks on many forums are expressing frustration with inability to upload photos. I sent an email on that one as well. I am not one to judge the overall website on ability to upload photos since my s-l-o-w home internet connection is typically at fault.

• corunum z6 CT
    6 years ago

My internet connection is pretty fast (for America) and houzz has been okay - not quite as fast as Facebook, but not bad. The server is in Las Vegas, according to this:

http://currentlydown.com/houzz.com

Maybe what goes on in Vegas really stays in Vegas, lol.

NHBabs z4b-5a NH thanked corunum z6 CT
  • Marie Tulin
    6 years ago

Don't you mean what happens in Vegas isn't staying in Vegas?

• NHBabs z4b-5a NH
    Original Author
    6 years ago

It looks like both the photo upload button and the search function have returned to the usual. I'm really glad that it wasn't a permanent change!